Re: Le Petit Brevet

Postby sifter on Tue 22/Nov/11 9:09pm

sifter wrote:
nibbler wrote:Here's my report for those interested
http://mountainpedalernz.blogspot.com/2011/11/le-petite-brevet-2011-sunshine.html
No pictures though so you will have to use your imaginations!

Ha! I took about 150% longer, but have about 50 photos! Still, no words to go with them yet... :blush:

Damn, that's a great read Ollie! Well done on a top effort, on and off the bike :love:
sifter
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby sifter on Wed 23/Nov/11 8:21am

sifter

Postby Slim on Wed 23/Nov/11 8:39am

I want to be like Ollie when I grow up.......
Slim
Member for: 14 years 2 months

Postby sifter on Wed 23/Nov/11 10:41pm

Another brevet write up for y'all! I hope you enjoy it! =} http://sifter-writes-bikes.blogspot.com ... rench.html
sifter

Postby Oli on Wed 23/Nov/11 11:09pm

:thumbsup:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Philthy on Thu 24/Nov/11 2:39pm

Hey Sifter, just had a read of your petit brevet write-up and was interested to see you're back to 26 inches and a bit of squish up front. Gone off the rigid 96er idea? Given the terrain i 'd have thought rigid would be a popular choice - a lot of the cyclocrossers would obviously agree, given the times they did.
Philthy
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Thu 24/Nov/11 2:52pm

Philthy wrote:Hey Sifter, just had a read of your petit brevet write-up and was interested to see you're back to 26 inches and a bit of squish up front. Gone off the rigid 96er idea? Given the terrain i 'd have thought rigid would be a popular choice - a lot of the cyclocrossers would obviously agree, given the times they did.

Good point Philthy! The rigid 69er would have been perfect for Le Petit Brevet, and it's definitely a format I'd rock for next time. Not quite sure what I was doing with the suspension fork on it, to be honest!
sifter

Postby Tri on Sat 26/Nov/11 4:45pm

Another write up - www.backofthepackracing.com
Tri
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby znomit on Sat 26/Nov/11 7:23pm

Tri wrote:Another write up - http://www.backofthepackracing.com

"It's not about how fast you go - its about ensuring that no one sees you cry... while in a ditch... in the fetal position."
:thumbsup:
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Amy12 on Sat 26/Nov/11 10:52pm

Awesome blog. Looks intense and I love the pictures! :) Do you use any type of business blogging software? I am interested in starting something similar, but I need a lot of help along the way.
Last edited by Amy12 on Fri 2/Dec/11 11:11am, edited 1 time in total.
Amy12
Member for: 6 years 0 months

Postby 6Bikes on Sun 27/Nov/11 10:06pm

Given the terrain i 'd have thought rigid would be a popular choice - a lot of the cyclocrossers would obviously agree, given the times they did.

I rode a cyclocross on the brevit. Rigid is OK on the course, but MTB gearing would have been a big help given the hill. Smallest gear was 30 front/32 rear could have done with 26 or 24 at the front. CX rolled faster than any of the MTB's , but I found the braking was not as good especially with the extra weight of the panniers I had on. Gotta say it was the hardest ride I have done, still feeling it now a week later.
6Bikes
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby sifter on Sun 27/Nov/11 10:07pm

6Bikes wrote:
Given the terrain i 'd have thought rigid would be a popular choice - a lot of the cyclocrossers would obviously agree, given the times they did.

I rode a cyclocross on the brevit. Rigid is OK on the course, but MTB gearing would have been a big help given the hill. Smallest gear was 30 front/32 rear could have done with 26 or 24 at the front. CX rolled faster than any of the MTB's , but I found the braking was not as good especially with the extra weight of the panniers I had on. Gotta say it was the hardest ride I have done, still feeling it now a week later.

was good chatting to you out there! You looked very strong! :thumbsup:
sifter

Postby 6Bikes on Sun 27/Nov/11 11:34pm

cheers sifter, good to put a face to the name.

Now I forgot to thanks Tim for organizing the Brevet. I can say that now I've forgotten some of the pain... Cheers
6Bikes
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 28/Nov/11 10:00am

swtchbckr wrote:...then leaving Little Ak (that) morning spotted a few riding up out of the bay, holla'd "Yay Brevet!" at them, ...a Jeff Jones or Black Sheep i recognised...

have now realised these guys were the BackOfThePackRacing fellas! well done guys, good read.

Also, who were the uncomfortable looking two bivvied on the grass verge beside Little Akaloa beach when we drove home from the party at 4 in the morning??? :) :D :)
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Zoom on Mon 28/Nov/11 11:16am

swtchbckr wrote:
swtchbckr wrote:...then leaving Little Ak (that) morning spotted a few riding up out of the bay, holla'd "Yay Brevet!" at them, ...a Jeff Jones or Black Sheep i recognised...

have now realised these guys were the BackOfThePackRacing fellas! well done guys, good read.

Also, who were the uncomfortable looking two bivvied on the grass verge beside Little Akaloa beach when we drove home from the party at 4 in the morning??? :) :D :)

That was me on the side of the road and you were the only car that went past. I actually slept quite well!
Zoom
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Canterbury | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Epic Riding | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts