Postby dented on Fri 8/Sep/06 5:59pm

Well said
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Friendly Llama on Fri 8/Sep/06 6:00pm

Kyle wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote: Who is going to be the first person to say he died doing what he loved? :D

Getting up close and personal with trees? Who doesn't love that?

Apparently you? :lol:
P9030014web.JPG
Friendly Llama
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Steve-O on Fri 8/Sep/06 6:01pm

Peter Brock was a really decent guy, many years of driving under his belt, wasnt long ago he was in NZ racing back in the haydays of NZ summer motorsport series. One of Australia's true greats, and definately a HUGE loss to the motorsport world.

Have a huge amount of respect for him, he wasnt like one of those moron stuck up driver, always had time for his fans, always signed everyone an autograph and was a good ambassador for motorsport. He helped a family friend of ours when he went to Aussie to persue a motorsport mechanics career, have him almost an entire house of things for nothing, just one show of his true personality...

RIP Brock, he wll be sorely missed.
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Dazzle on Fri 8/Sep/06 6:05pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:Yarr, he means more to me than Irwin. The differnce between the two is that Brock had sefl-respect, and Irwin was a loon.

Irwin PLAYED a loon on TV. Realy - a deviant of your learning should be able to make that determination. :eh:
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby Scotty on Fri 8/Sep/06 6:45pm

Why couldn't the last week be someone like george gregan or germaine greer herself?

Lock up your celebrities Australia.
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby psychavoc on Fri 8/Sep/06 6:46pm

faceplant wrote: Why couldn't the last week be someone like george gregan or germaine greer herself?

Lock up your celebrities Australia.

This thread is for you then :) http://www.vorb.org.nz/ftopicp-975341.html
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 8/Sep/06 6:52pm

Dazzle wrote:
Irwin PLAYED a loon on TV. Realy - a deviant of your learning should be able to make that determination. :eh:

That's what I meant; Brock, apart from the ocassional program about car crashes, or dinkum Aussie shed ads, did not play the loon. BTW Dazzle, almost everyone who has spoken about Irwin claims that he was that way in private, so he either is a very convincing fake-loon, or a the real loon macoy.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 3 months

Postby Tugboat on Fri 8/Sep/06 7:01pm

The death of Brockie bites me a million times more than Irwin.

He was Peter Perfect not only for the way he drove on the track but for the way he handled being a star as well.

Here's a bit of nostalgia... Brockie driving a lap of Bathurst in a 79 Torana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXKvIKVvP1Y

If that haggard old has-been troll Greer slags off Brockie in any way I'll fucking stab her :angry:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby sifter on Fri 8/Sep/06 7:13pm

sifter, at 5:34, wrote: It makes it hard to know which one to reply to. So I'll use this third one...

Aussie blokes dying doing what they love. R.I.P.

E Dogg Capizzle, at 5:47, wrote:Who is going to be the first person to say he died doing what he loved? :D

Oooh, pick me.

I still can't get over how amazed people are that Steve Irwin came a cropper. I would have thought he was one of the most likely people in the world to have a fatal accident.

Sad news about both of them. But this shit happens to nobodies all the time :(
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Robbie on Fri 8/Sep/06 7:25pm

Tugboat wrote:Here's a bit of nostalgia... Brockie driving a lap of Bathurst in a 79 Torana.

I helped construct those A9/X Toranas when I was working at GM... :eh:
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby dented on Fri 8/Sep/06 7:32pm

Brocky and crocky in the same week
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Clarky on Fri 8/Sep/06 7:32pm

I heard the news on The Rock while driving my
Commodore. What a manly man I am. :lol:
Clarky
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby dh_devil on Fri 8/Sep/06 7:34pm

Old p.b was one hell of a driver and sportsman, RIP
dh_devil
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby benw on Fri 8/Sep/06 8:04pm

sifter wrote: Sad news about both of them. But this shit happens to nobodies all the time :(

Well said. Sad but true. In the end they both bought it doing what they liked to do. Sure beats being killed by a cluster bomb.
benw
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Friendly Llama on Fri 8/Sep/06 8:07pm

sifter wrote: Sad news about both of them. But this shit happens to nobodies all the time :(

I don't think I've ever heard of a stingray barb to the heart death before? :eh:
Friendly Llama
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts