Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby cruiser on Mon 2/Nov/09 4:02pm

Lynskey wrote:Another blog entry available here...

lynskey-literary-stylings-t101686.html


very nice ...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice tangent on the detrimental influence of modernisation and excess on the character building quality of sport...but I'm not going anywhere without my fully or dropper seatpost :p

on a side note, was it you that won the massage voucher??
she's my better half...she's really good at inflicting much pain on the legs...good luck!!!
cruiser
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby sifter on Mon 2/Nov/09 4:07pm

cruiser wrote:
Lynskey wrote:Another blog entry available here...

lynskey-literary-stylings-t101686.html


very nice ...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice tangent on the detrimental influence of modernisation and excess on the character building quality of sport...but I'm not going anywhere without my fully or dropper seatpost :p

on a side note, was it you that won the massage voucher??
she's my better half...she's really good at inflicting much pain on the legs...good luck!!!


I could do with a shoulder rub - still have a knot in there from a 350km ride... Want to post a recommendation? Would be nice to support someone who supports the sport... :crazy: (don't try to read that outloud)
sifter
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 10 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby wgtngrl on Mon 2/Nov/09 4:29pm

She sells seashells???
wgtngrl
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby Nick_K on Mon 2/Nov/09 7:55pm

UnimatrixZero wrote:Results and pics up :)

http://www.pnp.org.nz/mtb/events/2009/M ... uYl390FEF0


Some great photos up. Esp like Rydas ones :thumbsup:
Nick_K
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby cruiser on Mon 2/Nov/09 8:08pm

sifter wrote:
cruiser wrote:
Lynskey wrote:Another blog entry available here...

lynskey-literary-stylings-t101686.html


very nice ...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice tangent on the detrimental influence of modernisation and excess on the character building quality of sport...but I'm not going anywhere without my fully or dropper seatpost :p

on a side note, was it you that won the massage voucher??
she's my better half...she's really good at inflicting much pain on the legs...good luck!!!


I could do with a shoulder rub - still have a knot in there from a 350km ride... Want to post a recommendation? Would be nice to support someone who supports the sport... :crazy: (don't try to read that outloud)


blatant plug.... :paranoid:

Kay @ ReviveMassage. she's in Porirua CBD tho...
She's been putting FREE 1 hour massages on the prize giving table.
cruiser
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby Eljefe on Mon 2/Nov/09 8:46pm

sifter wrote:
cruiser wrote:
Lynskey wrote:Another blog entry available here...

lynskey-literary-stylings-t101686.html


very nice ...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice tangent on the detrimental influence of modernisation and excess on the character building quality of sport...but I'm not going anywhere without my fully or dropper seatpost :p

on a side note, was it you that won the massage voucher??
she's my better half...she's really good at inflicting much pain on the legs...good luck!!!


I could do with a shoulder rub - still have a knot in there from a 350km ride... Want to post a recommendation? Would be nice to support someone who supports the sport... :crazy: (don't try to read that outloud)


Try this lady... she has a the highest reccommendation ever from a friend of mine who does these kind things regularly.
http://www.remedymassage.co.nz/
Shes also a very cool lady.

Jeff
Eljefe
User avatar
Member for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby Lynskey on Mon 2/Nov/09 9:18pm

cruiser wrote:
Lynskey wrote:Another blog entry available here...

lynskey-literary-stylings-t101686.html


very nice ...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice tangent on the detrimental influence of modernisation and excess on the character building quality of sport...but I'm not going anywhere without my fully or dropper seatpost :p

on a side note, was it you that won the massage voucher??
she's my better half...she's really good at inflicting much pain on the legs...good luck!!!


Chur for the kind words, yep I sure did win the massage voucher. Any recommendations on what to go for? I see from the pamphlet she does a whole lot of different kinds.
Lynskey
User avatar
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby cruiser on Mon 2/Nov/09 9:32pm

Lynskey wrote:
cruiser wrote:
Lynskey wrote:Another blog entry available here...

lynskey-literary-stylings-t101686.html


very nice ...:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice tangent on the detrimental influence of modernisation and excess on the character building quality of sport...but I'm not going anywhere without my fully or dropper seatpost :p

on a side note, was it you that won the massage voucher??
she's my better half...she's really good at inflicting much pain on the legs...good luck!!!


Chur for the kind words, yep I sure did win the massage voucher. Any recommendations on what to go for? I see from the pamphlet she does a whole lot of different kinds.


She'll chat it thru with you...I like going to sleep so the chilled relaxing ones. But she does[ :o] a few cyclists and knows how to dig into their overused muscles. But word of warning...it's good for you, but not so 'relaxing' first time up, esp the IT tract.
cruiser
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby muddydave on Wed 4/Nov/09 1:11pm

that race on sunday was the BOMB!! i loved it and am wanting to hit it up again sometime soon but as i dont ride there often im a little unsure as to what parts were private property or pony club areas that we had one off access to on the day, if someone could enlighten me that would be awesome, many thanks, D
muddydave
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby ThingOne on Wed 4/Nov/09 1:14pm

muddydave wrote:that race on sunday was the BOMB!! i loved it and am wanting to hit it up again sometime soon but as i dont ride there often im a little unsure as to what parts were private property or pony club areas that we had one off access to on the day, if someone could enlighten me that would be awesome, many thanks, D


The only part you cant ride is the section straight after the concrete ford where it goes through a gate, thats the pony club land, just hang a right instead and your'e all good, it leads up to the road at the top, then hang right again and your back onto the course.
ThingOne
User avatar
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby wgtngrl on Wed 4/Nov/09 1:17pm

ThingOne wrote:
muddydave wrote:that race on sunday was the BOMB!! i loved it and am wanting to hit it up again sometime soon but as i dont ride there often im a little unsure as to what parts were private property or pony club areas that we had one off access to on the day, if someone could enlighten me that would be awesome, many thanks, D


The only part you cant ride is the section straight after the concrete ford where it goes through a gate, thats the pony club land, just hang a right instead and your'e all good, it leads up to the road at the top, then hang right again and your back onto the course.

You forgot to warn him there's a bit of hike-a-bike involved ;) Beautiful scenery tho - makes up for it :)
wgtngrl
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Penny Farthing Cycles Pnp Mtb Rd 4/5 Belmont Park

Postby ThingOne on Wed 4/Nov/09 1:29pm

wgtngrl wrote:
ThingOne wrote:
muddydave wrote:that race on sunday was the BOMB!! i loved it and am wanting to hit it up again sometime soon but as i dont ride there often im a little unsure as to what parts were private property or pony club areas that we had one off access to on the day, if someone could enlighten me that would be awesome, many thanks, D


The only part you cant ride is the section straight after the concrete ford where it goes through a gate, thats the pony club land, just hang a right instead and your'e all good, it leads up to the road at the top, then hang right again and your back onto the course.

You forgot to warn him there's a bit of hike-a-bike involved ;) Beautiful scenery tho - makes up for it :)


Its undulating. :paranoid:
ThingOne
User avatar
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts

Who is online

95 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Spokes and 92 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop