Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby shmoodiver on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:09pm

Conners wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
dəRosa wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
dəRosa wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:i've decided to stick with the memories of the awesomeness that was the concert in 95.


@the SuperTop! I was there. Was big enjoyment :thumbsup:



yfy, epic awesomes with the finns showing up.


Really - the Finns? Likely I was stoned enough not to have noticed/arrived yet.


truly? they only did like 6 split enz songs right in the middle of the concert

Was that before or after it rained condensed sweat inside the supertop?



during :D
shmoodiver
User avatar
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Oli on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:11pm

Conners wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Conners wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Conners wrote:So I her Pearl Jam are playing a couple of gigs :cool:

Yes, and?....

And Mudhoney are only grunge band worth talking about?

Nope, you might have seen the Nirvana reference I snuck in there. :)

Are we all supposed to be talking about breaking out the flannel and what we're gonna write on the placards we're taking to the concert or something?

The Nirvana reference was noted.

You can do whatever the fuck you like :)
:o
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Conners on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:12pm

Oli wrote:
Conners wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Conners wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Conners wrote:So I her Pearl Jam are playing a couple of gigs :cool:

Yes, and?....

And Mudhoney are only grunge band worth talking about?

Nope, you might have seen the Nirvana reference I snuck in there. :)

Are we all supposed to be talking about breaking out the flannel and what we're gonna write on the placards we're taking to the concert or something?

The Nirvana reference was noted.

You can do whatever the fuck you like :)
:o

:cry:
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Scotty on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:14pm

shmoodiver wrote:
dəRosa wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
dəRosa wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:i've decided to stick with the memories of the awesomeness that was the concert in 95.


@the SuperTop! I was there. Was big enjoyment :thumbsup:



yfy, epic awesomes with the finns showing up.


Really - the Finns? Likely I was stoned enough not to have noticed/arrived yet.


truly? they only did like 6 split enz songs right in the middle of the concert

That's the best bit about the aussie and kiwi concerts, Finn or Hunters & Collectors covers. :love:

They do a really good job of them.
Scotty
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby slowMTB on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:17pm

Scotty wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
dəRosa wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:
dəRosa wrote:
shmoodiver wrote:i've decided to stick with the memories of the awesomeness that was the concert in 95.


@the SuperTop! I was there. Was big enjoyment :thumbsup:



yfy, epic awesomes with the finns showing up.


Really - the Finns? Likely I was stoned enough not to have noticed/arrived yet.


truly? they only did like 6 split enz songs right in the middle of the concert

That's the best bit about the aussie and kiwi concerts, Finn or Hunters & Collectors covers. :love:

They do a really good job of them.


Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Saw these guys live at a gig in Sydney years ago, $5 cover charge :thumbsup:
slowMTB
User avatar
Member for: 9 years 7 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Scotty on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:18pm

I spy your humble home, I see the tea towels flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....
Scotty
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby neels on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:20pm

slowMTB wrote:Now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Saw these guys live at a gig in Sydney years ago, $5 cover charge :thumbsup:

:hmmm:

My friend the Judas Sheep :p
neels
User avatar
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Oli on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:23pm

I saw H & C live in Perth in 1989 at the Sunday Swill...for free.

Also saw them at Vic Uni at Orientation gigs twice before that. Very cool band. :thumbsup:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Bigfoot on Fri 28/Aug/09 2:05am

Scotty wrote:Oh, and before this descends into complete musical wankery where me, Stun and Bigfoot have a gigantic pissing competition over domination of the grunge era I will honestly say I probably won't go to a 'grunge' concert until zombie Cobain shows up and gets the boys back on board.


Hay what?

Still jealous of my brother getting too see PJ in seattle... with mudhoney opening, and also brad... also sooooper bitter that I could not get tickets to go see Green River last year :(
Bigfoot
User avatar
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Stun on Sat 29/Aug/09 4:31pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Scotty wrote:Oh, and before this descends into complete musical wankery where me, Stun and Bigfoot have a gigantic pissing competition over domination of the grunge era I will honestly say I probably won't go to a 'grunge' concert until zombie Cobain shows up and gets the boys back on board.


Hay what?

Still jealous of my brother getting too see PJ in seattle... with mudhoney opening, and also brad... also sooooper bitter that I could not get tickets to go see Green River last year :(


I appear to be late too...
I'm going to the Chch show depending on work commitments / lack of.
It should be quite good I wager.
For those not interested, there'll be a Zappa / Mozart listening session at E Dogg's flat.
Even if he's not answering the door it doesn't matter, just open a window with a rock and head on inside. :)
Stun
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby jnumbaz on Sat 29/Aug/09 4:56pm



ho yeeeeah :thumbsup:
jnumbaz
User avatar
"high-powered mass-cannon throwing tessellated plasma forward in an orgy of death and destruction"
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Stun on Sat 29/Aug/09 5:25pm

Stun
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Conners on Thu 26/Nov/09 10:52pm

BAM! One more sleep :sleeping: :music: :thumbsup:
Conners
User avatar
"Seeing Double"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby wachtourak on Thu 26/Nov/09 11:02pm

lol
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: Pearl Jam Are Coming!

Postby Lynskey on Fri 27/Nov/09 11:15am

Stun wrote:For those not interested, there'll be a Zappa / Mozart listening session at E Dogg's flat.


:lol:

I'm also heading to CHCH for it, Auckland smells.
Lynskey
User avatar
"Ah yes the tossers certainly come out late at night.."
Member for: 8 years 5 months

Auckland | Auckland Region | Canterbury | Christchurch | Middle South Island | Music | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting | Upper North Island - Latest Posts

Who is online

60 Users browsing this website: DotBot, dwgknz, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], oldandlazy, philstar and 51 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7