Postby The_Quinsta on Tue 1/Jul/08 5:21pm

:thumbsup: Well i finally got some time to go see Robg @ Hedgehogs today, had a good talk with him about where to go and how to get started on organising a meeting. Am emailing him my details as i post this and he will get in touch with Steve and Kevin, so hopefully we will see some progress with a meeting of some discription soon.
My initial idea is to becomre "part" of the PMC as a freeride/downhill group,a dn work under their wing as a separate group, also i will be submitting to them my proposal of 2 tracks that i have thought up of whicjh includes the finishing of R2 (ressurections left wing) and Freight-train (a purely fast straightish track comeing down the side of the Abbey caves road side finishing at the carpark).

BTW The carpark is looking good there guys welll done will psost photos sunday arvo if none have been done before then :thumbsup:

Dan
:thumbsup:
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby madpete on Thu 3/Jul/08 1:41pm

hey dan

sorry been away the last two weekends. this Sunday dig still on? Will catch up with you then, but i have now become involved in a business Trust and deal with communinty Funding Grants. Need to see what Grants/funding PMC already have, then i can apply for more funding/grants/etc to get the MTB moving faster/more trails etc
madpete
"Whatever Fool!"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby The_Quinsta on Thu 3/Jul/08 5:42pm

Sweet as pete, yeah will catch ya up on sunday 8 am
The_Quinsta
"If i ain't riding or building it must be dark and im playing Counter Strike or Combat Arms"

Postby The_Quinsta on Mon 7/Jul/08 8:31pm

Had an impromptue meeting with the PMC guys on sunday, have devised the plan of joining the club and they are allowing us to carry on wqith what we have planned.
NOTE any new building of tracks or structures need to be put thru the council for approval, fi you are looking at buiolding something you need to draw up a plan with diagrams and submit it to the Parks manager Paul Macdonald?? will check on that one .
Cheers Dan
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 17/Aug/08 8:30pm

Next monday the Parahaki mountain biking club has their AGM being held at the Regent Training Centre morningside rd complex at 7:00pm so if your keen to see whats happening and have your say turn up :thumbsup:
The_Quinsta

Postby The_Quinsta on Sun 31/Aug/08 11:42am

heh,
This goes out to all riders who use Parahaki, if you see someone or know of anyone placing Random jumps and stuff on trails can you please inform me ASAP the council have been very direct in saying that all trails need to be authourised and any additions need to be made correctly. if we dont get on top of this the council do have the right to kick as out of there and we will back at square one with everything, Mark brought this up countless times while he was in charge and it seems to have slipped down a notch since he left.

if you have been adding stuff just because you feel like it PLEASE STOP you will only ruin it for the rest of the riders from here and around the area and the up and coming members of the community, if you want to build contact me or steve gwilliam and organise the changes thru the correct channels or turn up to build days and put the effort into the trails that need the work. I have always expanding plans for the hill and i cant do it all by myself, but when people come thru and fuck up my plans it just puts my job back another weekend.

Cheers Guys
Dan
The_Quinsta

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Northland | Regions | Upper North Island | Whangarei | Whangarei MTB Club - Latest Posts