Postby Dave_the_Slushy on Thu 4/Jan/07 1:32pm

PhilterNZ wrote: And remember that anything you pack on in your teenage years and early 20's will be hanging over your belt at around 24....

if you are doing it to make tatts look good, then I shake my head in dispair at the younger generation

Good point - you might be better off concentrating on resistance training for endurance rather than power until about 20 (low load, more reps). I started hitting the gym at about your age, put on a lot of muscle but stopped going for about 6 months and it all turned to fat. Been a bloody effort to get it off.
Dave_the_Slushy
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Jack_03 on Thu 4/Jan/07 10:16pm

Hmmm, very interesting information.

I'm unsure of where to go from here, I think I'll do a little more research then decide.
Good to know that muscle can turn to fat though. I mean it's not exactly a good thing, but it's handy to know.

What I do know now is that I'm gunna do some ligght/basic working out to improve fitness and strength and I'll see what happens.

Cheers for the help everyone!
Jack_03
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Coyote on Thu 4/Jan/07 10:21pm

Oi Jack you are already bulky as hell! Why would you need even more muscle? :eh: :crazy:
Coyote
Member for: 13 years 2 months

RE: Packing On Muscle: Help Wanted

Postby mikey on Thu 4/Jan/07 10:23pm

Jack_03 wrote: ) I have access to a rowing machine

Mikey's Useless info for the day,
Rowing uses EVERY muscle in the human body

Tune in next time for more Useless info :)
mikey
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby ape on Thu 4/Jan/07 10:37pm

Sims wrote: You could always try rock climbing...

If you're trying to build large bulky muscles, this is not the way to go... I've been climbing pretty seriously for nearly 5 years now, and am one of the most powerful climbers amongst my friends, yet I'm still a skinny weed. Climbing is all about building small volumes of light yet strong muscle... after all, you've got to carry all that weight up the climb with you. It's always wonderful entertainment for the climbers when beekcakes wander into the wall and have a go on the campus board, only to be humiliated by someone with no visible sign of muscle whatsoever.

I'll try not to be rude, but if it's purely for image, you might want to tackle your insecurities some other way, and just build strength you need for the activities you enjoy by doing those activities, and not wasting your time "exercising". I'm not trying to criticise you, I, (and most other males I know) had the same insecurities, but I guess I was just too lazy to do anything about it..., and I don't really think I've missed out on anything as a result. So, keep swimming, and Biking.., that pretty much covers your whole body... and forget about image, you'll develop plenty of muscle.
ape
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Jack_03 on Thu 4/Jan/07 10:37pm

That's what I figured!!

Also coyote, I'm not THAT bulky. haha, I just have a sexy body!! :)

*WARNING - Post may contain traces of bullshit.*
Jack_03

Postby Dave_the_Slushy on Fri 5/Jan/07 10:24am

Jack_03 wrote:I'm unsure of where to go from here, I think I'll do a little more research then decide.Good to know that muscle can turn to fat though. I mean it's not exactly a good thing, but it's handy to know.

I might have over simplified things: What happens is you'll have an increased appetite while you’re training, but when you stop training that doesn't go away automatically. So while your body is carving off the muscle, your still eating all the pies and turning all the stuff you don't burn off into fat. The nett effect is that you might stay the same weight, but go from looking like Arnie to Cartman.
Dave_the_Slushy
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Jack_03 on Sat 6/Jan/07 1:51pm

:lol:

Good comparison.
Also Re: apes post. No rudeness is detected in your post ;) Cheers for the encouragement dude.
Jack_03

Sifting - Latest Posts