Re: Over Quarter Of Kiwis Are Obese - 3rd Fattest Nation

Postby happybaboon on Mon 13/Jul/09 10:31pm

Belly's take ages to disappear. Loose skin and stubborn fat :(

But they look betterer with time :huh: :)
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby j2hyde on Mon 13/Jul/09 10:40pm

SlackBoy wrote:
istepinyards wrote:Matt are those photo's of you?
If so holy shit you should be proud of yourself. Congratulations mate :thumbsup:

Very cool :)
I agree, fucking legend

3rded. The only other times I've seen people successfully loose that much weight is when they had surgery. To do so by good old fashioned hard work is impressive! Nice work. :)
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 13 years 11 months

Postby lloydy on Mon 13/Jul/09 10:52pm

chalky wrote:Mexicans can afford enough food to be fat ?

Sure, there's poverty in Mexico, but they're hardly dirt poor, supposedly the 11th biggest in economy and rising gdp per capita
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
lloydy
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby lloydy on Mon 13/Jul/09 10:55pm

If so holy shit you should be proud of yourself. Congratulations mate :thumbsup:

Amazing contrast Matt, well done & good luck in Taupo later in the year.
lloydy
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby happybaboon on Mon 13/Jul/09 11:53pm

There should be some sort of "world fatness challenge" where all the nations compete to be the fattest. Or, failing that, "Biggest Loser: Countries". Or both.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Tama on Tue 14/Jul/09 8:21am

j2hyde wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:

I agree, fucking legend

3rded. The only other times I've seen people successfully loose that much weight is when they had surgery. To do so by good old fashioned hard work is impressive! Nice work. :)

x4 - that's fantastic Matt, you're an inspiration and a legend :thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 8 months

Postby nagem on Tue 14/Jul/09 9:51am

That's just frikken brilliant.
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 14/Jul/09 9:59am

nzmatto wrote:I blame my obesity on me sticking to much crap into my mouth whilst sitting around watching McDonalds adds on TV.

BMI......yup it sux!!! but it is set where it is and that aint about to change. If your obese your insurance is going to cost more, and you've got a pretty good chance of not being around to see your grandkids.....

Less in and more out = less fatty fatty fatty.....and before arguing take a look at the results.....no pills, no surgery, just doing it real. There are very few people who have a genuine medical reason for being obese. The rest are just lazy arse fat buggers who choose to be that way.

I am about 4 weeks away from not being obese!!!!!!!

FatMatt 001.jpg

jan14 013.JPG

good effort: sincerely.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 14/Jul/09 10:11am

aw shucks guys.....me be feeling really good now.

As most of you know I am moving up to Kapiti shortly, and I have my personal challenge of Taupo yet to do. Once that is done I am going to be looking for candidates in Kapiti to lead and to assist with them also losing weight and getting fit. This has been my desire all along. It is great to achieve it myself, as to teach others I believe you need to have been through it yourself.

The journey continues.....like all of us with our individual goals, I still have a way to go. The thing here is to do our best we need to be pushed and need the motivation. Mine came from Phil Keoghan and his No Opportunity Wasted philosophy.

Back onto the trainer tonight. :) :)
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby Mr_Bob on Tue 14/Jul/09 10:18am

great work Matto, now if only the 25% of the overweight population of Nz shared some of the same mentality as you, there wouldn't be a problem.

I was the fat kid when I was 13, partially due to a thyroid condition that was cured, but getting on a bike helped shed a lot of weight.
I still like pies though :blush:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby chchbob on Tue 14/Jul/09 10:21am

nzmatto wrote:aw shucks guys.....me be feeling really good now.

As most of you know I am moving up to Kapiti shortly, and I have my personal challenge of Taupo yet to do. Once that is done I am going to be looking for candidates in Kapiti to lead and to assist with them also losing weight and getting fit. This has been my desire all along. It is great to achieve it myself, as to teach others I believe you need to have been through it yourself.

The journey continues.....like all of us with our individual goals, I still have a way to go. The thing here is to do our best we need to be pushed and need the motivation. Mine came from Phil Keoghan and his No Opportunity Wasted philosophy.

Back onto the trainer tonight. :) :)

So you should Matt, I know where you are coming from, I've lost 27kg's since starting this cycling lark. Worst thing is the bloody expense of it all, socks are about the only thing still fit me.. But still the feeling good more than makes up for it!! :)
chchbob
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby campervangogh on Tue 14/Jul/09 10:24am

I blame the Moro ad...we were the 4th fattest nation before their clever advertising ploy to get us to by their sugary treats

BASTARDS
:hmmm:
campervangogh
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby Trail on Tue 14/Jul/09 10:28am

phunk wrote:http://pc.blogspot.com/2009/07/you-fat-bastard.html

http://www.macdoctor.co.nz/2009/07/14/generational-fat/

From the Macdoctor link

So let’s all stop trying to make fat people feel good about themselves, naked or otherwise. The MacDoctor is overweight. He is not big-boned. He does not have under-active glands. He does not eat like a bird (unless we are talking Ostrich). He does not engage in various mostly imaginary activities. If fact, the only thing that I have, that could be considered over-active, are my teeth. I am fat. The only person who can do anything useful about fixing this is me. And if you are overweight, you are the only one who can fix it. Not Mr Ryall. Not Ms. Dyson or Ms. Kedgeley. Just you and me.

Spot on!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby wgtngrl on Tue 14/Jul/09 10:33am

Trail wrote:
phunk wrote:http://pc.blogspot.com/2009/07/you-fat-bastard.html

http://www.macdoctor.co.nz/2009/07/14/generational-fat/

From the Macdoctor link

So let’s all stop trying to make fat people feel good about themselves, naked or otherwise. The MacDoctor is overweight. He is not big-boned. He does not have under-active glands. He does not eat like a bird (unless we are talking Ostrich). He does not engage in various mostly imaginary activities. If fact, the only thing that I have, that could be considered over-active, are my teeth. I am fat. The only person who can do anything useful about fixing this is me. And if you are overweight, you are the only one who can fix it. Not Mr Ryall. Not Ms. Dyson or Ms. Kedgeley. Just you and me.

Spot on!

And:

...we need to rid ourselves of the prevailing politically correct mollycoddling of overweight people. Fat is not OK. Fat is a damned nuisance. If you are obese, you are more likely to die of a whole host of diseases including heart disease, diabetes and, of course, swine flu. You are less likely to get an accurate diagnosis because your doctor cannot examine you through the layers of fat and most imaging techniques don’t cope very well with adipose tissue either. And if you are over 120 Kg the smaller air ambulance can’t fly you out, the ED beds will collapse and the hospital has to have expensive special beds for you. And that is just a few medical problems off the top of my head.
wgtngrl
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Health | National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts