Re: Over Quarter Of Kiwis Are Obese - 3rd Fattest Nation

Postby j2hyde on Tue 14/Jul/09 11:43pm

You should have worn a franger babs. It's against the law to knowingly spread a disease like that.
j2hyde
"I'm not for that. I'm for the ladies."
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby MattV on Tue 14/Jul/09 11:50pm

happybaboon wrote:
MattV wrote:Thirded, unless it tastes like crap.

I've only ever risked been underweight and I eat like a labrador (or so i'm told)

AND i DON'T HAVE TEH WORMS :angry:

So then you must have teh AIDS!

You lying bastard! You said you were merely anemic!
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 15/Jul/09 9:22am

SlackBoy wrote:
Monolith wrote:Well if you ride enough you can eat pretty much whatever you want and still lose weight. If you're semi-cautious about eating shit food you can lose weight easily. I was 108kg about three years back after I broke my wrist, cos I ate heaps of shit and didn't get any riding in. Down to 76kg now, with prolly another 6kg to go... and people still call me fat.
I could lose all the fat on my body and still not weigh 70kgs

ditto, if i hit 90kg i'd look like skin and bones
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Chickenman on Wed 15/Jul/09 9:27am

SlackBoy wrote:
Monolith wrote:Well if you ride enough you can eat pretty much whatever you want and still lose weight. If you're semi-cautious about eating shit food you can lose weight easily. I was 108kg about three years back after I broke my wrist, cos I ate heaps of shit and didn't get any riding in. Down to 76kg now, with prolly another 6kg to go... and people still call me fat.

I could take all your fat and still not weigh 70kgs.

:lol:
Chickenman
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Wed 15/Jul/09 9:46am

Chickenman wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:

I could take all your fat and still not weigh 70kgs.

:lol:

you could be a tubby little bitch and still not be overweight by bmi
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Thermo on Wed 15/Jul/09 12:26pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
wgtngrl wrote:Hey - I was quoting an article!

Sorry. :D

I'm not sure what I think about fat people. That they are a disproportionate drain on health services may be a statistical fact, but is that reason to discriminate against an individual who might be perfectly healthy even if rotund?

I don't like this oft-quoted statement that they are a disproportionate drain on health services..... the implication being that if you are overweight, you're automatically sucking the life force out of the health system.

I go to the doctor once in a blue moon and the last time I was in hospital was about 15 years ago (and it wasn't size-related). In fact, the ONLY time I've been to a doctor about my weight was when I needed medical insurance because I fell outside the norm. The doctor's response was that I was "disgustingly healthy".
Thermo
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Wed 15/Jul/09 12:42pm

Chunky butts are more of a drain as they require more orderlie to lift them. They also cause ACC claims from aforementioned orderlies, after they've had their back buggered from lifting too many fatties. Apparently the mental scarring caused to nurses after having to peel back the folds to clean bits properly, also causes them to have days off or see councillors ( paid by the tax payer of course).
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby nostromo on Sat 18/Jul/09 10:10am

This is disgraceful, http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10585212 a national figurehead like him having a BMI of 30.1 which is not just overweight, it's obese. Just look at the fat bastard.

Needs to excercise more (I recommend old Richard Simmons tapes on VHS) and eat less to get to his healthy target of 85Kg.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 6 months

phunk
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Willey_Coyote on Mon 20/Jul/09 6:01pm

Willey_Coyote wrote:the BMI is only used for people, who do no form of training - outside of this, it is totally inaccurate

According to BMI I am overweight - but eat healthily and go to the gym 3 times a week and ride twice ( So I would be included in that reports overweight population)

on a different note, to be in a healthy BMI, I have to drop 4kg to get within 'healthy weight range' of 83 kg. Im going to pull out all the stops and see If I can get there in one month.

My wife needs to loose two kg to fit the same redonculous figure. A bit of shits and giggles, but is anyone else out there up for doing the same?

Lost 1.5kg last week, mostly water probably - went out on Saturday night, got drunk and ate pudding. My next weigh in is tonight and I have probably put it all back on :(
Willey_Coyote
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Health | National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts