Re: Over Quarter Of Kiwis Are Obese - 3rd Fattest Nation

Postby AarowNZ on Tue 14/Jul/09 5:20pm

I havn't had a pie for about 6 months. :o
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Tue 14/Jul/09 5:24pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote: That they are a disproportionate drain on health services may be a statistical fact, but is that reason to discriminate against an individual who might be perfectly healthy even if rotund?

supposedly active fat people are more healthy than inactive skinny people.

but that still don't help you when you cant fit through the hole in a CT scanner.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 14/Jul/09 5:26pm

i'm off the pies, on the fruit and fibre.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby crazychris on Tue 14/Jul/09 5:29pm

all steaks, all the time!
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Tue 14/Jul/09 5:31pm

shmoodiver wrote:i'm off the pies, on the fruit and fibre.

i pity you.
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 14/Jul/09 5:35pm

i like fruit, it's the beans every day i could do without.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby nostromo on Tue 14/Jul/09 6:18pm

At the nagging of my Mother and Mother in law (the evil Duo) while at the doctors with my 7yr old daughter I asked him if she was "a bit too skinny".
The doctor (old skool) said that she is completely healthy and that 30 years ago her build was the norm. Its just in that time what is the norm has changed.
He also said "I suppose the people who think she is too skinny are overweight themselves?"

I didn't pass that comment back :lol:
Cos it might be true I couldn't comment :paranoid:
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby nzmatto on Tue 14/Jul/09 6:44pm

One difficult thing with obesity as opposed to smoking or drinking, is that those people who are addicted to eating cant exactly give up eating like a smoker can stop smoking, or a drunk can stop drinking. I am not taking anything away from the hardness that it is to give up either of those, but if I was to give up food.......my lifespan would be about 60-70 days.
I have to consume the thing I have been addicted to in order to live. (literally).

My real problem is a half finished packet of chips, or chocolate, or anything pretty much half finished and left out. I am quite happy if there is nothing out, but left overs......that is my weakness..... Part of this has come from the "You'll eat everything on your plate or I'll get out the wooden spoon," mentality that I was brought up on. We never force our kids to eat everything. If they choose not to eat, that is up to them, they wont get anything else to eat, but we don't force them to eat.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Tue 14/Jul/09 6:58pm

nzmatto wrote: Part of this has come from the "You'll eat everything on your plate or I'll get out the wooden spoon," mentality.

agreed, was also bought up like this, and i still can't leave anything on my plate
bigJIMMY
"DID SOMEONE SAY ICE CREAM! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Postby MattV on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:04pm

Thirded, unless it tastes like crap.

I've only ever risked been underweight and I eat like a labrador (or so i'm told)

AND i DON'T HAVE TEH WORMS :angry:
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"

Postby Monolith on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:09pm

Well if you ride enough you can eat pretty much whatever you want and still lose weight. If you're semi-cautious about eating shit food you can lose weight easily. I was 108kg about three years back after I broke my wrist, cos I ate heaps of shit and didn't get any riding in. Down to 76kg now, with prolly another 6kg to go... and people still call me fat.
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby scatter on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:11pm

nzmatto wrote:My real problem is a half finished packet of chips, or chocolate, or anything pretty much half finished and left out. I am quite happy if there is nothing out, but left overs......that is my weakness..... Part of this has come from the "You'll eat everything on your plate or I'll get out the wooden spoon," mentality that I was brought up on. We never force our kids to eat everything. If they choose not to eat, that is up to them, they wont get anything else to eat, but we don't force them to eat.

I hear you Matt.
I had the same thing......."you can't leave the table til you've finished everything on your plate" :huh:
scatter
"The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby bigJIMMY on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:11pm

108 down to 76 :eh: wow.
bigJIMMY

Postby SlackBoy on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:26pm

Monolith wrote:Well if you ride enough you can eat pretty much whatever you want and still lose weight. If you're semi-cautious about eating shit food you can lose weight easily. I was 108kg about three years back after I broke my wrist, cos I ate heaps of shit and didn't get any riding in. Down to 76kg now, with prolly another 6kg to go... and people still call me fat.
I could lose all the fat on my body and still not weigh 70kgs
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 10 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 14/Jul/09 7:30pm

MattV wrote:Thirded, unless it tastes like crap.

I've only ever risked been underweight and I eat like a labrador (or so i'm told)

AND i DON'T HAVE TEH WORMS :angry:

So then you must have teh AIDS!
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Health | National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts