Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 18 years 6 months

Re: Osama Bin Laden Dead

Postby bugle on Mon 2/May/11 9:04pm

Joel wrote::lol: like it

so much I put on farcebook!
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Tue 3/May/11 4:33am

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:
E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
kona.stinky. wrote:And only 109,865 (official estimation) civilians killed in the process!

I'm pretty sure they are reporting that no civilians were killed in the action, let alone 109,865. :eh:

http://www.iraqbodycount.org/
:eh:

Pah, what sort of Green/Munna party propaganda is THAT?

hippiefagcommiedipsticks

IraqBodyCount's methods are fairly conservative. They give a four page description of their methods on their website, and three pages on the rationale for their choices.

Rather than counting there are other ways to estimate the total killed. The Pew report was a major attempt to compare death rates before and after the invasion.
Here is my own wild guess about Pew's results: Of the tens of millions of people who dismissed the Pew report as biased or otherwise invalid, less than five percent had the intelligence and education necessary to understand the report, and of those less than five percent read enough of the report to form an opinion on it. I only read a wee bit.

For the person wondering about the connection between Iraq and Osama, it is just that GW Bush used 9/11 as an excuse to invade Iraq.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 10 years 11 months

Postby Spokes on Tue 3/May/11 7:37am

kona.stinky. wrote:OMG OSAMA DEAD ALL WORLD PROBLEMS SOLVED !!!!!!!?!?

Well it will make 2,976 family's of those killed in 9/11 will have some comfort. HTH
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby DaveAldred on Tue 3/May/11 8:05am

Surely there are plenty of free thinkers on here who have doubts as to Bin being responsible for 9/11.

There are huge amounts of indicators pointing at it being an inside job. Anyone with a rudimentary grasp of physics would be hard pushed to support the notion that it was anything less than a state sponsored black op.

I reckon they would have had Bin in the gunsights for a while and were told to stand down until after the wedding. And had probably alreaady decided to air the news over Trumps show, months ago.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby ThingOne on Tue 3/May/11 8:09am

I for one will wait for the TV Movie to find out what really happened.
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Oli on Tue 3/May/11 8:15am

While we're on the subject of US government cover-ups, when are finally going to find out the truth about the moon landings and Area 51? :angry:
Oli
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby DaveAldred on Tue 3/May/11 8:23am

Legitimate lunar winds, Oli. Don't be such a doubter...

As for Area 51 - Lets hope we are not the smartest beings in the universe. That would be tragic.
DaveAldred
"Bushlove - Strictly Sifting"
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby cruiser on Tue 3/May/11 9:12am

DaveAldred wrote:Legitimate lunar winds, Oli. Don't be such a doubter...

As for Area 51 - Lets hope we are not the smartest beings in the universe. That would be tragic.

Nah, these plieadians this lady channels are way smarter. They even have interplanetary meetings*

certainly different from reading the paper :huh:
cruiser
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 3/May/11 10:39am

ThingOne wrote:I for one will wait for the TV Movie to find out what really happened.

I won't trust it's accuracy unless Steven Segal fires the fatal shot.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby ThingOne on Tue 3/May/11 11:00am

happybaboon wrote:
ThingOne wrote:I for one will wait for the TV Movie to find out what really happened.

Come on.. Chucks your man for this job..
ThingOne
"www.bushloveracing.com"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Percy Pig on Tue 3/May/11 11:08am

ThingOne wrote:
happybaboon wrote:

Come on.. Chucks your man for this job..

Fail! :ib:

Obviously Charlie Sheen in the man for the job, tiger blood and winning FTW!! :thumbsup:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 18 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Tue 3/May/11 11:20am

I've rethought this. It is clear from movies that navy seals work in teams. Thus, Charlie, Chuck, Steven AND an actual seal can all go along and fire fatal shots at Osama. And then the seal can eat his face. And then Charlie Sheen can drink the seals blood. Instant blockbuster.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 18 years 7 months

Postby dented on Tue 3/May/11 12:05pm

DaveAldred wrote:Surely there are plenty of free thinkers on here who have doubts as to Bin being responsible for 9/11.

There are huge amounts of indicators pointing at it being an inside job. Anyone with a rudimentary grasp of physics would be hard pushed to support the notion that it was anything less than a state sponsored black op.

I reckon they would have had Bin in the gunsights for a while and were told to stand down until after the wedding. And had probably alreaady decided to air the news over Trumps show, months ago.

Have you seen 'Supersize Me' as well?
dented
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby slumdog on Tue 3/May/11 1:25pm

DaveAldred wrote:Legitimate lunar winds, Oli. Don't be such a doubter...

I've always been of the opinion the flapping comes from the momentum of a wobbling flag pole forcing the flag to move. All the footage used by conspiracy theorists has the astronaut nearby, after presumably touching the flag pole.

Then, I just searched and mythbusters looked at it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMBCfuKs9i8

On topic, isn't it sad that people wanted him to get killed in revenge, he would have paid a far higher price in Gitmo...

Won't make a spot of difference I think, any less than the assasinations of past US presidents eradicated the US govt.
slumdog
Member for: 10 years 3 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts