Old Waimak Bridge

Postby zummerzet_lou on Fri 28/Aug/09 11:24am

Hi,

IF you live in North Canterbury, you may have noticed that the Old Waimak bridge is again closed due to high river levels.

I looked on the council website, and it stated that there was transport laid on to get cyclists across the motorway bridge, but this morning there was no sign of anything.
http://www.ccc.govt.nz/MediaReleases/20 ... 122630.asp

Any ideas peeps, or will I just have to use the car for a few days?

TIA,
Lou
zummerzet_lou
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Re: Old Waimak Bridge

Postby chchbob on Fri 28/Aug/09 11:48am

I saw the guy in a ute with a bike trailer on the back heading over towards the North side but that was early 7:20am .... but i was in my car ...

Also saw a guy riding on the motorway heading north on Wednesday afternoon... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: FARK that since they put the new guard rails/Armco on the lanes seem narrower, not my idea of a fun commute !!!
chchbob
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Re: Old Waimak Bridge

Postby tony_11 on Fri 28/Aug/09 11:59am

I seem to think there is only one Ute running. Yesterday morning there was two one either side. Last night there was only one running covering both sides, so a bit of a delay i guess.. Noticed as i was getting my bike loaded last night a few cyclist came across the Old Bridge.
Apparantly Cops are fining people if caught on the Bridge whilst it's closed. $200 fine could be a bad way to start the day.
tony_11
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Middle South Island | New Zealand | North Canterbury | Regions - Latest Posts