Re: Obscured # Plate = $200 Fine

Postby Wobbler on Wed 21/Sep/11 10:36am

Yup, they are very fast and easy to deal with. I just need to make a lightbar up for my rack and she'll be apples
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 21/Sep/11 11:12am

are not be mandatory. Drivers can choose to remove their usual registration plate and attach it to the object that is obscuring it
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Postby philstar on Wed 21/Sep/11 4:49pm

great uncle bulgaria wrote:
are not be mandatory. Drivers can choose to remove their usual registration plate and attach it to the object that is obscuring it

true but at $18 not to have to remove you numberplate ever time you want to put a bike on the back, it seams well worth it.
philstar
"misanthropic"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby kneemick on Wed 21/Sep/11 5:47pm

Maybe I am being to pedantic but does this mean when I am towing my trailer which obscures my rear number plate I need to have a supplementary plate/move my normal number plate so it is not obscured, or is it just another example of poorly drafted legislation?
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby sifter on Wed 21/Sep/11 5:48pm

kneemick wrote:Maybe I am being to pedantic but does this mean when I am towing my trailer which obscures my rear number plate I need to have a supplementary plate/move my normal number plate so it is not obscured, or is it just another example of poorly drafted legislation?

your trailer has its own rego doesn't it? :eh:
sifter
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Scotty on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:00pm

sifter wrote:
kneemick wrote:Maybe I am being to pedantic but does this mean when I am towing my trailer which obscures my rear number plate I need to have a supplementary plate/move my normal number plate so it is not obscured, or is it just another example of poorly drafted legislation?

:lol:

Yup, indignation without thinking leads to hilarious statements, or is it just another example of a poorly thought-out statement?. :rolleyes:
Scotty
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby kneemick on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:06pm

sifter wrote:

Yes it does but from the FAQ's

"Is a supplementary registration plate necessary if an object obscures the front and/or rear registration plate of a vehicle?

No, a supplementary plate is optional. You could remove the front and/or rear plate from your car when it is obscured, attach it to the object that is obscuring it, and then return it to your vehicle when you are finished using the object.
Do you have to display registration plates at all times?
Yes, you could be fined if your registration plate is obscured or illegible."

The way I read this means that each number plate in my question above must be visible - but like I said I may be getting somewhat pedantic or misremembering my training in reading legislation from the law degree I did but never used :)
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Postby avantibill on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:25pm

I would recommend getting the pouch too (@ $11.00) it makes placing and removing the plate a breeze!
P1040670.jpg
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:28pm

I should really get one.
Now we just have to worry about tail lights obscured by multiple wheels.
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby avantibill on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:33pm

Why cant the invent a bluetooth remote LED Cluster so there will be no need to worry about extra wiring
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"

Postby Wobbler on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:36pm

yeah for sure, wiring for a bluetooth would be much simpler than using a trailer light plug!
Wobbler

znomit
Member for: 9 years 6 months

Postby great uncle bulgaria on Wed 21/Sep/11 6:55pm

philstar wrote:
great uncle bulgaria wrote:

true but at $18 not to have to remove you numberplate ever time you want to put a bike on the back, it seams well worth it.

I agree
previously it has been said that removing the car plate and putting on bike was illegal

- just pointing out that its legal if ye be in a hurry, or dis-organised like i am periodically . . . .
great uncle bulgaria
""misunderstood and persecuted""
Member for: 7 years 1 month

Cars | Motoring | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts