Re: Obscured # Plate = $200 Fine

Postby Oli on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:28pm

Yet you and Bob would be on here bleating about it the minute you did. :sly:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:30pm

Oli wrote:Yet you and Bob would be on here bleating about it the minute you did. :sly:

But If you got a speeding ticket, would you just pay it and get on with life or moan about it and try to get out of it?
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Oli on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:31pm

IT WOULD DEPEND
Oli

Postby Oli on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:32pm

And I hate to break it to you, Captain Neverbreakthelaw, but it WASN'T a speeding ticket. ;)
Oli

Postby Wobbler on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:33pm

Oli wrote:Yet you and Bob would be on here bleating about it the minute you did. :sly:

Of course :eh:

I would make a thread about it and if anyone disagreed with me I would question the validity of their opinion and point out what sort of music and hair they have must have a bearing on their opinion.
Wobbler

Postby Oli on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:33pm

:D
Oli

Postby nzmatto on Sat 25/Jul/09 7:37pm

The real question is how can we go about looking for a law change that finds some other solution to the problem. I personally like the idea of the accessory plate that they use in Queensland. That fixes the issue. I think I may create something that I can hang on my car.
I have in fact seen other people who have had a second number plate (copy) on the back of the car because the primary one was covered. I don't know if this is legal or not.

Does anyone know where we could go to get a copy of the specific law. This is an issue that covers most cyclists and probably many other people too. It is not like we are doing it to avoid fines....there has to be some sensible solution. I think a trip to the local MP once we have the details and a possible solution may be well in order.
nzmatto
"Cycling changed my life."
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Sat 25/Jul/09 8:10pm

Obviously we need racks and bikes made out of transparent aluminium.
Either that or a law change that says "everyone must display a plate except cyclists".
znomit
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Mr_Bob on Sat 25/Jul/09 8:11pm

Careful, HDC will show up if you start quoting star trek :paranoid:
Mr_Bob
"Pedal!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Sat 25/Jul/09 11:07pm

nzmatto wrote:I have in fact seen other people who have had a second number plate (copy) on the back of the car because the primary one was covered. I don't know if this is legal or not.

This is very not legal. If it not issued by the gubberment its not legal.

Dont worry, this whole issue will be sorted soon......
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby disoriented on Sat 25/Jul/09 11:31pm

Spokes wrote:
nzmatto wrote:I have in fact seen other people who have had a second number plate (copy) on the back of the car because the primary one was covered. I don't know if this is legal or not.

If its not very legal, what would happen if you got caught with one?
disoriented
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby AarowNZ on Sat 25/Jul/09 11:48pm

disoriented wrote:
Spokes wrote:

The cops will pull you out your car and viciously beat you.
AarowNZ
"What?"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby Spokes on Sun 26/Jul/09 8:15am

disoriented wrote:
Spokes wrote:

$200 fine for obscured number plate. :eh:
Spokes

Postby thorg on Sun 26/Jul/09 8:44am

tylersdad wrote:Would you young pathetic fools shut up and realise the implications of this.

As previously said, this affects all cyclists who use a bike rack where the rear plate is not offset (such as many 4x4).
Yes, i may be up against a brick wall in fighting this, however this matter is actually quite important and does need to be addressed.

Maybe this is the wrong forum for this matter to be raised in. I do wonder how Vorb won its net-guide award when users trying to have a serious on-line discussion are abused by people with nothing better to do with thier time.
Maybe Vorb requires a vote system where non-relevant posts to serious threads are made.

Please prove me right by now making more pathetic comments showing the true level of immaturity to which you are beholden.

I apologise that i am considerably older than you, and have been working for longer than you have been alive. That i don't drive a car with lowered suspension or that my hair is not long and manky, and that i don't listen to hip-hop or thrash metal.
I reservedly apologise that i have a different view on many matters. but that is me.
Now your taking the piss :lol: its been a few decades since I was young, my car isnt lowered (in fact it hasnt been driven in 3 years!) - and my hair is both very short and thinning :D the foolish thing, you got me there :huh:

yes, this is a serious issue, but Tama (amoungst others) have made serious comment about the stand on the LTSA have on this and what they are looking at doing to corrrect it. The thing is, law changes take time, lots of time. That is just something we all have to deal with. If you really want to do something about this (in the law change sense, not the "oh woe is me I got caught breaking the law and want to throw a tanty") - then go back through the early pages of the thread and find that post of Tama's. Then contact the LATS, find out who is in charge of the review, and start pushing for change. Hell, post up who it is on here and I think you will find a lot of people will help you!

In conclusion.
This is NOT a serious message board, it is vorb
People throwing tanties when caught breaking the law will be mocked.
Serious answers were given - and some serious discussion WAS had amoungst the drivel.
Once serious discussion is over, vorb has and always will return to drivel.

If you only want serious discussion, never read past page 3 of any thread, or dont bother with vorb.
thorg
"what blog?"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby wachtourak on Sun 26/Jul/09 8:46am

SHUTTUP THORG YOU PATHETIC FOOL
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Cars | Motoring | New Zealand | Regions | Sifting - Latest Posts