Re: Norway Declares War On Internet Explorer 6

Postby Dazzle on Mon 23/Feb/09 10:24pm

Oli wrote:Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's stupid. ;)

If you are going to build something for the general public, it should be understandable (or at least usable) for stupid people, because they are going to be a big chunk of your audience. Looking down on a large proportion of your audience is not customer service.
Dazzle
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby musket on Mon 23/Feb/09 10:26pm

Dazzle wrote:
Oli wrote:Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's stupid. ;)

If you are going to build something for the general public, it should be understandable (or at least usable) for stupid people, because they are going to be a big chunk of your audience. Looking down on a large proportion of your audience is not customer service.

Picking and identifying your audience so you can cater better to them is.
musket
Member for: 17 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Mon 23/Feb/09 10:27pm

CrustyMTB wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote:The problem is that web developers are struggling to give the market what they want, or rather, they've already done it and as a consequence have become too focused on technowank and 'features' no-one asked for or wants. IE6 works fine for most people on most sites. Unfortunately there are now too many self-indulgent bullshit sites (this one included) that try to adopt the latest wanktastic 'features' like channels when what they should be focusing on is bringing quality content to their site. Is Vorb really a better site for the addition of all the latest techno-trinkits? I don't think so. The site still looks amateurish with its crappy graphics, bollocks layout, and annoying adverts and who other than the socially inept techno-nerds really give a crap about channels? IE7? Meh, where's the 'Irrelivant Shit' channel?
If you don't like this site then why don't you fuck off and stay gone, instead of lurking like a paedo at a school sports day, and "popping up" when you get aroused...

If you ever had anything relevant, or interesting to say I'd think you were amusing, but you come across on the net as a sad, negative prick who like to pick a fight then fucks off rather than face the music, so why don't you just get gone for good.

xxoo Crusty :D

I hate it when you dance around the subject and not say what you really mean. :lol:
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Oli on Mon 23/Feb/09 10:31pm

Dazzle wrote:

I don't think it's as bad as all that. I've heard people complain, but I've also heard some people say they like it more as it is now. Regardless, it's done now so I suggest you adapt to it.
Oli
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Dazzle on Mon 23/Feb/09 10:43pm

musket wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

When a big chunk of your audience are idiots, and you are trying to hold a big audience to view as much of your advertising as possible, you have to cater for idiots.

The spammers have not got their heads around channels. :exclaim:
Dazzle
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Postby Spokes on Mon 23/Feb/09 10:46pm

Dazzle wrote:
musket wrote:
Dazzle wrote:

When a big chunk of your audience are idiots, and you are trying to hold a big audience to view as much of your advertising as possible, you have to cater for idiots.

The spammers have not got their heads around channels. :exclaim:

Well, im stupid and old. I can work it fine. So either there are lots of very stupid people around or your a bit off mark.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby Fraser on Tue 24/Feb/09 1:43am

Well back before they had USB *gently taking a puff of a pipe* you needed a different plug for each add on, then someone realised that its better to have a universal plug. Software should be the same.

I think the family guy shows the weak point of many software issues we have at the moment.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TNN9xV2MkI

The Onion putting it a little more bluntly..
www.theonion.com/content/video/sony_rel ... d_piece_of
Fraser
Member for: 18 years 3 months

Postby xcmtb on Tue 24/Feb/09 7:43am

I agree with the Thorg. I'm still running windows 2000. Works fine.
xcmtb
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Postby Wobbler on Tue 24/Feb/09 7:44am

I bet you also send faxes
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby ratrod on Tue 24/Feb/09 8:30am

We still use faxes, some customers don't have email.
ratrod
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby Colin on Tue 24/Feb/09 10:53am

Fraser wrote:Well back before they had USB *gently taking a puff of a pipe* you needed a different plug for each add on, then someone realised that its better to have a universal plug. Software should be the same.

I think the family guy shows the weak point of many software issues we have at the moment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TNN9xV2MkI

http://www.theonion.com/content/video/s ... d_piece_of

I saw last week that a bunch of phone manufacturers have agreed a standard for phone chargers, and expect it to be implemented by 2011.

I know two people in the same house who bought Samsung phones during the first half of 2008 - their chargers are not interchangable.
Colin
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby Trail on Tue 24/Feb/09 10:57am

Colin wrote:
Fraser wrote:Well back before they had USB *gently taking a puff of a pipe* you needed a different plug for each add on, then someone realised that its better to have a universal plug. Software should be the same.

I saw last week that a bunch of phone manufacturers have agreed a standard for phone chargers, and expect it to be implemented by 2011.

I know two people in the same house who bought Samsung phones during the first half of 2008 - their chargers are not interchangable.

About fucking time too!! All the different phone chargers annoy the heck out of me!!
Trail
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Spokes on Tue 24/Feb/09 11:08am

Trail wrote:
Colin wrote:

About fucking time too!! All the different phone chargers annoy the heck out of me!!

All charges for everything should be the same.
Spokes

Postby CaptainCaveman on Tue 24/Feb/09 11:10am

CrustyMTB wrote:
CaptainCaveman wrote:The problem is that web developers are struggling to give the market what they want, or rather, they've already done it and as a consequence have become too focused on technowank and 'features' no-one asked for or wants. IE6 works fine for most people on most sites. Unfortunately there are now too many self-indulgent bullshit sites (this one included) that try to adopt the latest wanktastic 'features' like channels when what they should be focusing on is bringing quality content to their site. Is Vorb really a better site for the addition of all the latest techno-trinkits? I don't think so. The site still looks amateurish with its crappy graphics, bollocks layout, and annoying adverts and who other than the socially inept techno-nerds really give a crap about channels? IE7? Meh, where's the 'Irrelivant Shit' channel?
If you don't like this site then why don't you fuck off and stay gone, instead of lurking like a paedo at a school sports day, and "popping up" when you get aroused...

If you ever had anything relevant, or interesting to say I'd think you were amusing, but you come across on the net as a sad, negative prick who like to pick a fight then fucks off rather than face the music, so why don't you just get gone for good.

xxoo Crusty :D

Na, I like poking stupid wankers like you with the 'poo stick' too much. Its like shooting fish in a barrel. I use IE7 dickwit :lol:
CaptainCaveman
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby wachtourak on Tue 24/Feb/09 4:59pm

CaptainCaveman wrote:I use IE7 dickwit :lol:

The cumguzzlers browser of choice.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Europe | Norway | Regions | Sifting | Technology - Latest Posts