Postby Oli on Fri 26/Nov/10 12:29am

Nokia is Finnish, innit? :eh:
Oli
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Re: North Korea Shells South Korea

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 26/Nov/10 1:31am

happybaboon wrote:Sarah Palin has already picked sides :D :lol:
http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/s ... uth-korea/

The critical fact that Pain is ridiculously and dangerously uninformed is obscured by crappy journalism like this. The full transcript makes it obvious that she understands the difference and it was just an insignificant slip of the tongue.

GW Bush did very well out of lefty journalists exposing their bias over similar slips and malapropisms, thus undermining their credibility on more serious matters. There was speculation he was doing it on purpose - it was suggested that when Bush was in real trouble the "mistakes" became less frequent.

Bush: misunderstand + underestimate = misunderestimate
Palin: refute + repudiate = refudiate.
Maybe the same team invented both words.

From http://community.adn.com/adn/node/146852
A book on the 2008 presidential election campaign, Game Change, had some revealing if unsourced claims about Palin's lack of knowledge, presumably coming from one of John McCain's advisors. Page 397 .... from September 2008:

[M]embers of her traveling party met Palin ... – and found that, although she'd made some progress with her memorization and studies, her grasp of rudimentary facts and concepts was minimal. Palin couldn't explain why North and South Korea were separate nations. She didn't know what the Fed did. Asked who attacked America on 9/11, she suggested several times that it was Saddam Hussain. And asked to identify the enemy that her son would be fighting in Iraq, she drew a blank.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby Simonius_Titius on Fri 26/Nov/10 2:03am

Oli wrote:Nokia is Finnish, innit? :eh:

Yes, to the extent that a transnational company can be identified with a country.

If you think it is just coincidence that Nokia sounds like "nuclear" you would probably think that "number 2" and "poo" are unrelated, or that there isn't a secret tunnel through the centre of the earth between the world's first permanent nuclear repository in Finland and the bomb factories in North Korea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_Finland

Nuke both countries I say.
Last edited by Simonius_Titius on Thu 2/Dec/10 12:03am, edited 1 time in total.
Simonius_Titius
"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off. - Gloria Steinem"
Member for: 8 years 0 months

Postby JaredTheAmazing on Fri 26/Nov/10 5:32am

At last my time investment in Fallout will pay dividends.
JaredTheAmazing
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby Fraser on Fri 26/Nov/10 6:39am

Simonius_Titius wrote:
Oli wrote:Nokia is Finnish, innit? :eh:

Yes, to the extent that a transnational company can be identified with a country.

If you think it is just coincidence that Nokia sounds like "nuclear" you would probably think that "no. 2" and "poo" are unrelated, or that there isn't a secret tunnel through the centre of the earth between the world's first permanent nuclear repository in Finland and the bomb factories in North Korea.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_power_in_Finland

Nuke both countries I say.

Nokia is a small town in Finland. They make gumboots and forestry equipment incl Cell phones for loggers in the feild. This became more popular than the gumboots. A bit like Norsewear or Skellerup in NZ making cell phones.

I live in Finland and thanx to a Cold War building regualtion I have a nuclear shelter in the basement. So I'm covered ;)
Fraser
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby bugle on Fri 26/Nov/10 8:25am

I'm sure the Great Wall Overlords quietly approve of Nth Korea bombing the shizer out of Hyundai/Kia/Daewoo and co...
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 26/Nov/10 8:31am

bugle wrote:I'm sure the Great Wall Overlords quietly approve of Nth Korea bombing the shizer out of Hyundai/Kia/Daewoo and co...

I'd still rather have a Hyundai................
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 26/Nov/10 12:16pm

happybaboon wrote:Sarah Palin has already picked sides :D :lol:
http://www.mediaite.com/uncategorized/s ... uth-korea/
Could just be a mid-life crisis - You know, sick of the same old grind, so you embark on a new Korea...
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby happybaboon on Fri 26/Nov/10 1:14pm

I guess so. Sort of like ... "Fuck it. We've been on this same team for nearly 60 years now and fuck all has changed. Lets try the other lot. They all look the same anyway". :huh:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby EoinC on Fri 26/Nov/10 4:47pm

wuffy wrote:Image

I'm not sure why, but each time I see her photo, it causes me to think that a village somewhere has lost its idiot.
EoinC
Member for: 7 years 2 months

Postby CrustyMTB on Fri 26/Nov/10 8:26pm

EoinC wrote:

I'm not sure why, but each time I see her photo, it causes me to think that a village somewhere has lost its idiot.
Well it's only fair, Bush Proved that a retarded white man can get elected provided he has the right last name, so Palin is doing the same thing, only for women you have to be a former beauty queen (and retarded).
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Fri 26/Nov/10 8:36pm

Anyone hear Neil Miller on the Panel defending her this afternoon? He's a bit of a tard methinks.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Fri 26/Nov/10 8:36pm

Percy Pig wrote:
bugle wrote:I'm sure the Great Wall Overlords quietly approve of Nth Korea bombing the shizer out of Hyundai/Kia/Daewoo and co...

I'd still rather have a Hyundai................

I myself am quite partial to 20 year old rejected degins, and fucking hideous vehicles.

I hope you didn't pay more than twentynine nine ninety for your cab and chassis??
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby northernmonkey on Fri 26/Nov/10 10:44pm

CrustyMTB wrote:
EoinC wrote:

Well it's only fair, Bush Proved that a retarded white man can get elected provided he has the right last name, so Palin is oing the same thing, only for women you have to be a former beauty queen (and retarded).

[url]http://www.palinaspresident.us/[/url
northernmonkey
"The North will Rise Again"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

International Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts