Re: North Island Dh Series Round 1 – long Gully

Postby soccer_pro on Sat 19/Sep/09 5:26pm

Sweet as. Where are the xc places that he can ride in the area? cheers
soccer_pro
"Bikes for life"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby SlackBoy on Sat 19/Sep/09 7:12pm

big_d wrote:There are no XC tracks in Long Gully Station (where the DH tracks are), but there are trils all around the area close by that he can ride.

You mean there are no "specifically" built XC tracks. (actually there is ONE, but lord knows how overgrown it is) Theres a shit load of track around to ride.
SlackBoy
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby soccer_pro on Mon 21/Sep/09 11:36am

SlackBoy wrote:
big_d wrote:There are no XC tracks in Long Gully Station (where the DH tracks are), but there are trils all around the area close by that he can ride.

You mean there are no "specifically" built XC tracks. (actually there is ONE, but lord knows how overgrown it is) Theres a shit load of track around to ride.

such as? Im not from the area and I have no idea what is available
soccer_pro
"Bikes for life"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Mr_Sizzle on Mon 21/Sep/09 1:05pm

thers noi particular names there jus tracks everywhere u start riding and its jus goes on forever and ever theres just that many different tracks
Mr_Sizzle
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby jerms669 on Mon 21/Sep/09 1:21pm

jerms669
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby MTBER56 on Tue 22/Sep/09 6:12pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone in DH land.

Just a quick reminder about the closure of points registration for the AKDH NIS 2009.
This thursday at noon is the last time I'll visit the PObox or sort my emails. I'm leaving for wellington Friday morning so this is really the latest I can leave it.
Even if you're skipping round 1, but you want points for the rest. This is the FINAL deadline for entries. No "I forgot", "didn't realise" or other excuse.
Sorry but a line has to be drawn and THURSDAY 24th NOON is it. Remind your friends and clog up the chat rooms.

Thanks to the many of you that have already signed up. I'll be bringing your plates with me to Wellington.

I've also attached a membership form for this year (June09/July2010, this enables you to come to our shuttle days, get discounts with some of our sponsors and reduced entry fees at our races. You also recieve a new t-shirt to sport whilst riding.

Any questions or queries, drop me an email. jamie@AKDH.co.nz

Jamie Roberts
AKDH President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AKDH Membership form 09_10.pdf
Downloaded 14 times
NIS entry form 09 mk2.pdf
Downloaded 14 times
MTBER56
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby jamieinauckland on Wed 23/Sep/09 3:25pm

24hrs to go!
jamieinauckland
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby TalkieT on Wed 23/Sep/09 3:51pm

big_d wrote:And to your benefit, There is a Photo comp running at this event also with a cash prize :thumbsup:

Any more detail on this?

Cheers - N
TalkieT
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Mike_the_Hippy
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby PhilWalter on Wed 23/Sep/09 5:46pm

For those considering driving/flying large distances for this round - will the race/shuttles be running regardless of weather conditions ?

I just remember a few years ago - the schedule was cut back due to sections of the uplift road being un-useable after heavy rain - and the same is forecast over the next few days.

Thanks.
PhilWalter
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby CyaNIDe on Wed 23/Sep/09 10:00pm

The short answer is no. If the weather turns really bad, and the landowner decides that it is too wet to allow vehicles onto the road, then we will need to alter the schedule to suit the conditions. Sundays forecast is looking ok, so if neccessary, we can extend practice to ensure everyone gets enough runs on the course prior to race runs.

Unfortunately, we can only hope the weather holds up. If it doesnt, there is plenty of places where you could go riding instead, and hope the weather picks up for the Sunday.
CyaNIDe
"What do you mean my wheel is buckled............?"
Member for: 10 years 8 months

Re: North Island Dh Series Round 1 – Long Gully

Postby big_d on Thu 24/Sep/09 1:02pm

Weather is looking good for the weekend - the track will be super tacky with this rain.

With the foreseeable weather forecast, It looks like we will be running everything as normal.
Just typical Long Gully race weekend weather :lol:
big_d
"GIGAAANNNNNNTOOR!"

Postby Mike_the_Hippy on Thu 24/Sep/09 1:51pm

yea i just ordered a hardpac tyre so i could finally take that front mud off and not have to slow through the rock garden, lookin like the mud will be the better option.
Mike_the_Hippy

Postby santa cruz on Thu 24/Sep/09 4:02pm

has anyone got a puncher from the rockgarden yet??
santa cruz
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby bugle on Thu 24/Sep/09 4:19pm

Got through the garden ok on my hardtail in the weekend...
bugle
"Bah, who hasn't killed the neighbour and rooted their corpse after one too many cab savs?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

4X/ BSX Racing | AKDH - Auckland Downhill | Clubs | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Long Gully | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Wellington | Wellington MTB Club | Wellington Region - Latest Posts