Postby jeremyb on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:32pm

pissface wrote:now why do all you people take it for granted I'm saying its a bad thing?

Because you're old and smell of wees!
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby ryguy on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:33pm

pissface wrote:now why do all you people take it for granted I'm saying its a bad thing?

No emoticons.............and I can't hear your tone of thought from here. :paranoid:
ryguy
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Colin on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:38pm

1) I'm a petrolhead, like motorsport and love gspeedway

2) I agree with the comments about the neighbours moving into the area and then complaining about something they could have avioded by going else where

But the 85 decibel limit has been in place for some time, the promotors have known the limit is there and they were not complying or it seems been taking much in the way of visible steps to comply.

I think the promotors need to accept some of the blame for where they now find themselves.

Be sad to see the end of Speedway at the Springs though.

Go Barry Butterworth.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Dinsy on Wed 8/Dec/04 12:43pm

fuck auckland and fuck speedway
Dinsy
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 8/Dec/04 1:27pm

ryguy wrote:It gives some people their kicks, probably better than them wasting their saturday night sinking piss and getting violent.

I thought that was after the speedway finished?
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby james on Wed 8/Dec/04 1:55pm

Dinsy wrote:fuck auckland and fuck speedway

not only is he dreamy he's cute too :D
james
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby wachtourak on Wed 8/Dec/04 3:49pm

pissface wrote:speedways are another component to the massive social machine glorifying wasteful consumption of resources, conflict, and wanton destruction.

Speedway rocks. Burning Methanol smells excellent.

Western Springs should have kept Willie Kaye though, he's fucked Baypark up good and proper.
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Dinsy on Wed 8/Dec/04 7:38pm

james_giant wrote:
Dinsy wrote:fuck auckland and fuck speedway

not only is he dreamy he's cute too :D

Oh you
Dinsy
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Colin on Wed 8/Dec/04 11:08pm

wachtourak wrote:
, he's fucked Baypark up good and proper.

What has changed to f*@# up Baypark ?
Colin

Postby wachtourak on Thu 9/Dec/04 1:23am

Too many sprintcar oriented meetings, not enough stockcar ones. I mean I like sprintcars, but not 5 weekends in a row.

Splitting classes up into two groups, eg like when theres only 25 limited saloons anyway, which makes for hell boring racing on a track the size of Baypark.

I dunno, it was just 'better' when Harford was there. The 2nd season they ran (02/03) was by far the best so far.

The crowds are way down too.

I hope the big championship meetings pull in some big crowds, they need it. We have Nth Island Sprintcars this weekend. Then NZ Sprints and NZ Standard Stocks and Nth Island Saloons later on. Should be good (I hope).
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby Colin on Thu 9/Dec/04 9:09am

Oh

I probably prefer sprintcars to stockcars, but what I really like if good racing.

If there are competitive fields and real competition that is good.

But if there is thin field of say seven sprintcars - one or two way out at front, and another couple trailing around making up numbers, then it isn't that exciting.

Sounds like splitting standard stocks isn't a very good idea either - although there is a big quality variation in standard stocks - if the fast cars are in one group and the lame ducks in another that may not be so bad.

[/Baypark hijack]
Colin

Postby james on Tue 14/Dec/04 12:22pm

:D
savespeedway-1.jpg
savespeedway-2.jpg
savespeedway-3.jpg
james
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby RossW_mkII on Tue 14/Dec/04 12:31pm

excellent,i dont see why everyone gets pissed about it,i can hear speedway cleary from my place but its only 10 times a year and more people like it than hate it.did people bitch and moan how loud xmas in the park and other events are,that was much louder than speedway,im in the middle of the 2 and it was drowning out speedway.just let them race 10 times a year.
RossW_mkII
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby wachtourak on Tue 14/Dec/04 12:33pm

:lol:
wachtourak
"IMDABES"

Postby red ribbon roast on Tue 14/Dec/04 12:36pm

They already kicked us (Tongans) out of Ponsonby, no way they are going to do it again in the 'spring.
:angry:
red ribbon roast
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts