Night Races Hamilton (moonshine Race Series)

Postby Datsane on Tue 8/Jun/10 5:49pm

Gauging interest for running winter night race series.

Reg from 7 - 7.30 with race start 8 - 8.30. On Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) first and third week of each month end about DLS.
Idea was to try holding them in a few locations. Most will be local with anything out of town a weekend affair.

$TBA* per race this will go towards running, prizes, trophies at the end and a BBQ.


First race all going well on the Tuesday 22nd June. Location TBA.

I still have a few things to sort.


*Edit: The more I think about it the more Nagem makes me worry. Will endeavour to work out cost per race, would love to keep it low as possible.
Last edited by Datsane on Mon 14/Jun/10 4:50pm, edited 2 times in total.
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby keltravers on Tue 8/Jun/10 5:54pm

Want a sponsor with some awesome spot prizes?
keltravers
"Dodgy boats and dodgy lights"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby nagem on Tue 8/Jun/10 5:57pm

$2 per race? Eeeeeeesss reeedeeeculous!!!

I'd be keen I reckon. Needa get off my fat arse.
nagem
User avatar
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby cruiser on Tue 8/Jun/10 6:22pm

I'd be more worried about your excessive body hair problem
cruiser
User avatar
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby RussS on Tue 8/Jun/10 8:22pm

cruiser wrote:I'd be more worried about your excessive body hair problem


**stares**


10
.
.
9
.
.
8
.
.
7
.
.
6
.
.
5
.
.
4
.
.
3
.
.
2
.
.
1
.
.

I think I smell blood :D


Yo Datsane - great idea my friend - I'm in
RussS
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby Datsane on Tue 8/Jun/10 10:17pm

nagem wrote:$2 per race? Eeeeeeesss reeedeeeculous!!!

I'd be keen I reckon. Needa get off my fat arse.

Ok that could be alittle optimistic on my part. At this point my times free and this is all in the name of helping people including my self ride more in the winter months and FUN :thumbsup:
But that money will go towards spot prizes etc... So the more people the better the spots :lol:
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby fatwombat on Wed 9/Jun/10 3:21am

Sounds like a great idea, it's something I'd really like to see happen as well. Am I right in thinking you are in Welly?
fatwombat
User avatar
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby ryda on Wed 9/Jun/10 8:02am

fatwombat wrote:Sounds like a great idea, it's something I'd really like to see happen as well. Am I right in thinking you are in Welly?
at the top of the page
Night Races (moonshine Race Series)
Cycling | Hamilton | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato


Note the: Hamilton, Upper North Island & Waikato, so maybe not in welly :paranoid:
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby Nathan007 on Wed 9/Jun/10 8:10am

Pity not in Wellington

:(
Nathan007
User avatar
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby nagem on Wed 9/Jun/10 1:13pm

Datsane wrote:
nagem wrote:$2 per race? Eeeeeeesss reeedeeeculous!!!

I'd be keen I reckon. Needa get off my fat arse.

Ok that could be alittle optimistic on my part. At this point my times free and this is all in the name of helping people including my self ride more in the winter months and FUN :thumbsup:
But that money will go towards spot prizes etc... So the more people the better the spots :lol:

It's too cheap.
nagem
User avatar
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby fatwombat on Wed 9/Jun/10 1:44pm

ryda wrote:
fatwombat wrote:Sounds like a great idea, it's something I'd really like to see happen as well. Am I right in thinking you are in Welly?
at the top of the page
Note the: Hamilton, Upper North Island & Waikato, so maybe not in welly :paranoid:

Doh! I never look at that part of the page. :blush: All the best with your plans Datsane.

Nathan007 wrote:Pity not in Wellington:(

Do you think we should try to make something happen here?
fatwombat
User avatar
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby Datsane on Wed 9/Jun/10 4:15pm

nagem wrote:
Datsane wrote:
nagem wrote:$2 per race? Eeeeeeesss reeedeeeculous!!!

I'd be keen I reckon. Needa get off my fat arse.

Ok that could be alittle optimistic on my part. At this point my times free and this is all in the name of helping people including my self ride more in the winter months and FUN :thumbsup:
But that money will go towards spot prizes etc... So the more people the better the spots :lol:

It's too cheap.

Well then on your advice I'll make it $50 :p I really want to make it as cheap as possible.

Great news Matt from Velo Espresso is keen to get behind :thumbsup:
Last edited by Datsane on Thu 10/Jun/10 10:18pm, edited 1 time in total.
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby nagem on Wed 9/Jun/10 7:00pm

I am having lunch at Velo Espresso on Friday. :love:

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to paying a fiver to play.
nagem
User avatar
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby Mel on Wed 9/Jun/10 10:07pm

Hey, I'm going to have lunch there on Friday too! :exclaim:

Good work, Datsane. I too will be keen to get along to these races. Entry price at $5 or less would be primo. Hamilton MTB club races are usually $3 for members I think, so that gives you an idea. You could make it BYO race number plate to save costs! I've got a few that I could reCYCLE. :D
Mel
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Re: Night Races (moonshine Race Series)

Postby Datsane on Wed 9/Jun/10 11:03pm

Yeah I did look at a few others for prices. I shouldn't have put a figure on it until all the details got sorted.

I was thinking about getting some of the plates custom printed it would cost extra for the person though. But gives them the option of having their name and any number. But recycle the rest.
Datsane
User avatar
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Cycling | Hamilton | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts

Who is online

54 Users browsing this website: AgrAde, DotBot, Google [Bot], Rik and 49 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Torpedo7
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle