Re: News From The Pro Tour

Postby Tugboat on Thu 24/Apr/14 12:10pm

Michael Rogers has dodged suspension over his 'tainted meat' positive test for clenbuterol but has been disqualified from the 2013 Japan Cup (1.HC) which is great news for runner up Jack Bauer!! A big win at a notch just below WorldTour although not the way he wants to be winning races I'd guess!!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/no-ban- ... l-positive
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Klarkash-ton on Thu 24/Apr/14 12:52pm

The UCI went on to recommend that all athletes avoid eating meat while in both China and Mexico.

perhaps they should bring in a supply of beef from Spain.
Klarkash-ton
"I ride to support my eating habit"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Sun 8/Jun/14 11:47am

It sounds like Greg Henderson gets slammed in Chris Froome's autobiography

inrng.com wrote:L’Equipe often remark at Froome’s politeness in their reports but this book has its moments of rudeness. The ancient Greeks had parrhesia which means “to speak of everything”, to speak the truth even if it upsets. The modern anglo-saxon means calling a spade a spade. He clearly never clicked with Greg Henderson and the Kiwi rider is advised to steer clear of this book. As laudable as parrhesia maybe some things are better left unsaid?

Full review: http://inrng.com/2014/06/book-review-th ... more-20622
sifter
Member for: 17 years 11 months

Postby nostromo on Mon 16/Jun/14 8:28pm

Well thats the first time I've followed the Critérium du Dauphiné and it was an awesome race :)

Going to be an interesting Tour..
nostromo
":-("

Postby Oli on Mon 16/Jun/14 8:35pm

Contador looked great at times, but then again so did Froome before his crash. Nibali looked sharper and sharper as the race went on too. Great to see new guys like Keldermann and Talansky coming through, and the latter did super well to upstage El Pistolero on the final stage there.
Oli
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Tugboat on Sat 21/Jun/14 10:41am

Always good to wake up to photos like this...

Hendy wins stage 2 of the Ster ZLM Toer... http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/ster-z ... -2/results
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"

Postby sifter on Tue 1/Jul/14 7:40am

Great to see Jack Bauer will be at the Tour de France again this year. :thumbsup:

Also, somewhat ironic to see David Millar was not selected, particularly given yesterday's cyclingnews appeal for race footage =} http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fans-en ... -de-france

ouch!
sifter

Postby Derryn Hinch on Wed 2/Jul/14 12:01am

It seems the national champs jersey is not necessarily designed by the team, so Bike NZ may have to take some blame for some of the pathetic recent offerings.

Last para from http://inrng.com/2014/06/the-strangest- ... -the-year/ :
Inner Ring wrote:FDJ manager Marc Madiot adores the French national champion jersey and has made a point of not putting any sponsors logos on it but the visibility of the national champions varies. Some countries like to the give the national element prominence for example the French, Italian and Belgian jersey is really the flag with sleeves on. But for others it can he harder to tell. Some teams get the blame for this and it does seem that some squads push the rules. But a national champion’s jersey needs to be approved by the national federation in question and comply with other UCI rules and crucially the design is submitted to the UCI at least three weeks prior to the race. So it’s not for the teams to design a jersey after the race, there are meant to be guidelines in place already.
Derryn Hinch
"....... but I never called her fat!!!"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Wed 2/Jul/14 7:34am

You didn't like that jersey with the Australian flag on it?!
sifter

Postby Tugboat on Fri 11/Jul/14 8:48am

W00t Jesse Sergent!!! Big stage win in Austria!
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"

Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"

Postby sifter on Mon 8/Sep/14 9:09am

sifter

Postby slumdog on Mon 8/Sep/14 12:12pm

Tugboat wrote:Always good to wake up to photos like this...

Hendy wins stage 2 of the Ster ZLM Toer... http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/ster-z ... -2/results

WTF was he doing winning a stage in front of Griepel? (You can see him in the background) Thought he was the leadout?
slumdog
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Postby sifter on Mon 8/Sep/14 12:19pm

cyclingnews wrote:"This victory was a really nice surprise," Henderson said. "We were preparing the bunch sprint for André Greipel. With 800 meters to go there was a corner to the left. I went through first and André came to about fourth wheel. I looked back and waited to see if he was going to come to my wheel. He let me know to go full gas. I went and put my head down with 300 meters to go. I thought this are going to be a long 300 meters. I went as hard as I could to the finish line, hoping they wouldn't catch me anymore and I took the win.
sifter

Postby slumdog on Mon 8/Sep/14 4:19pm

:thumbsup:
slumdog
Member for: 11 years 4 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Road Racing - Latest Posts