News Flash: Team N-duro Win Bc Xc Champs

Postby Cabin on Mon 29/Jun/09 11:30am

Quick update.... highly successful day in Vancouver for Team N-Duro today, as both Nic and Cabin won their respective Elite races at the Cardiac Classic Xc (Doubling as the BC XC Champs for 2009).

After the dissapointment of Canmore last week, and on the back of a solid weeks training in Vernon, the race wins were contrasting in style, but equally emphatic.

On the tough, technical trails of Burnaby, Nic went to the front early and rode strongly. Controlling the race well, and eventually crossing the line with a minute in hand.

Cabin on the other hand, played a waiting game. Hovering around 4th-6th for most of the race, he sat back and patiently watched the locals battle themselves. Before attacking hard on a technical climb early on the last lap. Quickly building a lead he didn't relinquish.

So a pretty good day for Team N-Duro. And a great confidence boost for upcoming events. More news (and maybe some pics) later.Image

Link to original article: http://nicandcabin.blogspot.com/2009/06 ... hamps.html
Sourced from RSS Feed: http://nicandcabin.blogspot.com/feeds/p ... lt?alt=rss
Original Published: 11:19am Monday, 29th June 2009 - NZST
Cabin
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Re: News Flash: Team N-duro Win Bc Xc Champs

Postby Monolith on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:37pm

Awesome effort! :thumbsup:

Sounds like reading the multisport magazines has paid off :p
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Re: News Flash: Team N-duro Win Bc Xc Champs

Postby wgtngrl on Tue 30/Jun/09 7:07am

Nice one Cabin - and especially Nic! I remember my race a week after Canmore - had never felt so strong - such a difference after struggling for O2 (as I sit here sucking back reduced O2 - damn sea level...).
wgtngrl
Member for: 16 years 2 months

British Columbia | Canada | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Mountain Biking | News | North America | Regions | The Adventures of Nic + Cabin | Vancouver | Vogs - Latest Posts