New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts?

Postby Gemz on Thu 30/Jul/09 4:28pm

My mate in Oz said there are some new UCI tech regulations that will be enforced for aerobars and seat posts, doesn't anyone know what they are?
Last edited by Gemz on Thu 30/Jul/09 4:51pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemz
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Jul/09 4:32pm

Yes there is,

I've been trying to find out what they actually are, although it seems right now that most "base bars" in production now aren't legal :(

Have you tried contacting Bike NZ or your local Bike NZ officials?
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby Gemz on Thu 30/Jul/09 4:43pm

Good idea, as coudn'ttfind anything on the net.

Just thought some vorb "know-it-all" type of person might be able to give me a quick answer :)
Gemz
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby xcmtb on Thu 30/Jul/09 4:44pm

Maybe put a questionmark at the end of your topic title
xcmtb
User avatar
"DFL - Dead Twazzicking Last!"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

jo
User avatar
"Windy"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Jul/09 4:53pm

Gemz wrote:Good idea, as coudn'ttfind anything on the net.

Just thought some vorb "know-it-all" type of person might be able to give me a quick answer :)


Try a PM to JohnL (i'm thats his user name)
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:02pm

is this the 3:1 aspect ratio rule or something newer?
slidecontrol
User avatar
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:09pm

slidecontrol wrote:is this the 3:1 aspect ratio rule or something newer?


Newer than 3:1
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts?

Postby XCrazy on Thu 30/Jul/09 5:31pm

Supposedly enforcing the 3:1 rule soon which rules out a few aerobars, cervelo seatposts and a variety of other things. New aerobar rule as follows...... if you can understand it :crazy:
uci_diagram_600.jpg
XCrazy
User avatar
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts?

Postby Gemz on Thu 30/Jul/09 6:20pm

Thanks for info. Gee I'm going to be gutted if I can't use my $2K BT aerobars purcashed last year.
Gemz
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts?

Postby wachtourak on Thu 30/Jul/09 6:24pm

$2K for some bars!!! :crazy: Glad I'm not a track cyclist. How much does a whole high-end track bike cost?
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts?

Postby Gemz on Thu 30/Jul/09 6:47pm

wachtourak wrote:$2K for some bars!!! :crazy: Glad I'm not a track cyclist. How much does a whole high-end track bike cost?


Don't know it was a present.

Maybe we could start a new topic "How much is your bike (any type) worth? What vorber owns the most expensive bike ? :) :o
Gemz
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby johnL on Thu 30/Jul/09 6:58pm

pushbikerider wrote:
Gemz wrote:Good idea, as coudn'ttfind anything on the net.

Just thought some vorb "know-it-all" type of person might be able to give me a quick answer :)


Try a PM to JohnL (i'm thats his user name)


for a quicker answer, I would have to look it up. Just email Tim carswell at bikenz
they will be having the same issues with the track team and UCI events.
johnL
User avatar
"2x Trust House Tour of Wellington Winner, DS Team Cardno"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Jul/09 7:16pm

johnL wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:
Gemz wrote:Good idea, as coudn'ttfind anything on the net.

Just thought some vorb "know-it-all" type of person might be able to give me a quick answer :)


Try a PM to JohnL (i'm thats his user name)


for a quicker answer, I would have to look it up. Just email Tim carswell at bikenz
they will be having the same issues with the track team and UCI events.


Cheers for that, sorry for presuming you'd dealt with this :blush: :blush:
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Re: New Uci Regs For Aerobars & Seat Posts?

Postby pushbikerider on Thu 30/Jul/09 7:18pm

Gemz wrote:
wachtourak wrote:$2K for some bars!!! :crazy: Glad I'm not a track cyclist. How much does a whole high-end track bike cost?


Don't know it was a present.

Maybe we could start a new topic "How much is your bike (any type) worth? What vorber owns the most expensive bike ? :) :o


I hope you don't have to bin the BT's, they finish the bike nicely

That is one very very cool looking bike as a complete package

Yes I've seen Gemz' bike in the flesh
pushbikerider
User avatar
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Cycling | Road Cycling | Track Cycling - Latest Posts

Who is online

44 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot] and 42 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • Merlin Cycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop

cron