Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 10th Aug 12:04pm

Yeah, OK. But most of us operate the dropper with a thumb.
Not everyone has levers as fancy as yours.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby foremannz on Fri 17th Aug 6:01pm

This is from last month, but I don't see it here - Giant go performance road e-bike!
https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a2 ... ke-review/

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/bikes-road-eplus

I'm giving myself another 5 years before I consider an e-bike, but this looks awesome!
foremannz
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 18th Aug 7:24pm

C'mon Dougal, hit us with some cheeky deets on the new fork.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby Dougal on Sat 18th Aug 8:46pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:C'mon Dougal, hit us with some cheeky deets on the new fork.

I'll see what I'm allowed to share.
Dougal
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby Dougal on Tue 28th Aug 9:50am

Velocipedestrian wrote:C'mon Dougal, hit us with some cheeky deets on the new fork.

I haven't heard back on official word. From the photos I can't tell if it's a 29" version of the 170mm Mattoc Pro Boost or if it's a new and bigger chassis.
Dougal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 28th Aug 12:22pm

Pinkbike seems to think it's fatter
Pinkbike wrote: wider diameter stanchions
Obviously since 34mm = unridably noodly, just look at the market for used Fox in that leg size.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Dougal on Tue 28th Aug 12:39pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:Pinkbike seems to think it's fatter
Obviously since 34mm = unridably noodly, just look at the market for used Fox in that leg size.

You do know that stanchion size does not determine fork stiffness right?
Dougal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 28th Aug 2:15pm

Dougal wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:Pinkbike seems to think it's fatter

You do know that stanchion size does not determine fork stiffness right?

I didn't say it was my opinion.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Wed 29th Aug 6:38am

Introducing Fox Live Valve

Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby Dougal on Wed 29th Aug 5:04pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Introducing Fox Live Valve

I had hoped for something more than a digital lockout. It's basically doing what the mechanical brains do (unlock and slow count-down to lock), just with electronics instead.
Dougal

Postby foremannz on Wed 29th Aug 6:16pm

Wow, I quite like this - I find constantly switching between settings between climbing and descending quite difficult with the shock switch at my ankle!
foremannz
Member for: 9 years 2 months

Postby Rik on Thu 30th Aug 10:22am

Dougal wrote:

I had hoped for something more than a digital lockout. It's basically doing what the mechanical brains do (unlock and slow count-down to lock), just with electronics instead.

I suspect for now they are trying to suss(sorry) out the market for this. The potential for this tech. is huge
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Dougal on Thu 30th Aug 10:32am

foremannz wrote:Wow, I quite like this - I find constantly switching between settings between climbing and descending quite difficult with the shock switch at my ankle!

If you are having to constantly change settings, then your base tune is all wrong or your bike suspension geometry sucks.

Rik wrote:
Dougal wrote:The potential for this tech. is huge

Why do you say that? A 2 mode on/off with a reset delay has been done before with digital activation 20 years ago (k2 Smart Shock etc) and mechanical activation for 15 years (specialized brain).

They all suffer the same issue with lag and inconsistent feel. Because the systems are purely reactive and cannot do anything until a bump has been sensed. They cannot tell if you are trying to bunnyhop or pump the bike.
Dougal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 30th Aug 10:50am

Dougal wrote:They all suffer the same issue with lag and inconsistent feel. Because the systems are purely reactive and cannot do anything until a bump has been sensed. They cannot tell if you are trying to bunnyhop or pump the bike.

Probably a winner for xc racing (like the brain) but looks like efficiency over fun for the rest of us.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Velocipedestrian on Fri 31st Aug 9:58am

OK Dougal, looks like the embargo is over(ish). What's the word beyond 37mm-ha-ha-one-more-than-you-have stanchions?
Velocipedestrian

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts