Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby Wobbler on Wed 31/Aug/16 6:48pm

separate lines are to stop the people who confuse dropper posts with front mechs.
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 31/Aug/16 7:36pm

Wobbler wrote:separate lines are to stop the people who confuse dropper posts with front mechs.

But my RH brake and shifter have the same writing on them! What shall I do?
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby Wobbler on Wed 31/Aug/16 7:50pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
Wobbler wrote:separate lines are to stop the people who confuse dropper posts with front mechs.

But my RH brake and shifter have the same writing on them! What shall I do?

Put them in your ass
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Wed 31/Aug/16 8:38pm

That's your solution for everything.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby dwgknz on Thu 1/Sep/16 10:19pm

E*thirteen has a 9-46, which nearly gives as low a gear with a 32 chain ring as the 22:34 on my hard tail. Not looking forward to the TipTrack on 32:42.

They also have the dropper lever Veloci wants.

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/ethirteens-trs-plus-dropper-post-9-46-tooth-cassette-eurobike-2016.html
dwgknz
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Thu 1/Sep/16 10:41pm

dwgknz wrote:E*thirteen has a 9-46, which nearly gives as low a gear with a 32 chain ring as the 22:34 on my hard tail. Not looking forward to the TipTrack on 32:42.

They also have the dropper lever Veloci wants.

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/ethirteens-trs-plus-dropper-post-9-46-tooth-cassette-eurobike-2016.html

Yup, that'd do it, but I'm having so much fun rebuilding my spare shifter after accidentally taking it further apart than I ought.
Velocipedestrian

Postby Rik on Fri 2/Sep/16 10:18am

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/203066 ... -thru-axle

2-turn thru axle for speedy wheel changes.

love the look of the threaded press fit BB - elegant solution.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Fri 2/Sep/16 10:52am

Rik wrote:love the look of the threaded press fit BB - elegant solution.

More like expensive needless weight in a bodge solution due to a shitty standard that nobody asked for :(
AgrAde
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby dwgknz on Sat 3/Sep/16 7:16am

After days of searching 3 eurobike articles I have found what I and others was looking for!

Crane Creek are making a 3rd party, MMX compatible, cable fastening, thumb shifter dropper remote. I will be getting one of these.

http://m.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/EUROBIKE-2017-Mountain-Bike-Components,10434/Cane-Creek-OPT-Remote,109502/sspomer,2
dwgknz

Postby Velocipedestrian on Sat 3/Sep/16 8:30am

Looks good.
Personally gonna run my X9 dropper lever for a while, but let us know how much one costs you, and how you find it.
Velocipedestrian

Postby dwgknz on Sat 3/Sep/16 10:34am

Will do

The missus is in the States and Canada in 2 months so hopefully will be available by then. Going to get a whole lot of BMX parts shipped to her olds as anything out of the US doubles the cost!
dwgknz

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 3/Sep/16 4:28pm

Ever felt your chain was getting in the way of your rear suspension working properly?

Canyon has the answer.

Watch the video.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 3/Sep/16 5:30pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Ever felt your chain was getting in the way of your rear suspension working properly?

Canyon has the answer.

Watch the video.

Marginal gains much?
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Sat 3/Sep/16 6:00pm

Yup
All advantage I'd gain from better suspension is out the window when I forget to engage it and slip a foot pedalling through some ruffies.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby phunk on Sun 4/Sep/16 11:27am

Astoria Paranoia wrote:Ever felt your chain was getting in the way of your rear suspension working properly?

Canyon has the answer.

Watch the video.

I noticed quite a difference when the clutch is off on my derailleur so much so that I leave it off all the time now. But having to remember to reengage the freehub would result in many stem meets plums moments im sure.
phunk
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts