Re: New Stuff Thread....

Postby AgrAde on Mon 11/Jul/16 7:49pm

Yeti, instead of admitting that they made the SB6c too light and frail for its intended use, have released a harder hitting "Enduro" version of what was previously their enduro race bike. With identical geometry but a carbon layup that's now 200g heavier, "the SB6 Enduro is begging to get out on your next park, gravity or backcountry adventure". Remind me what the SB6c was marketed for?

Maybe people will stop going through front and rear triangles faster than front and rear tires.

http://www.yeticycles.com/bikes/sb6-enduro
AgrAde
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 11/Jul/16 7:58pm

"The SB6c was built to excel on the toughest enduro tracks in the world and has earned an EWS World Championship title under factory rider Richie Rude. Although it screams gravity, this bike is light, pedals well, and is tons of fun on the lifts or grinding out big days in the backcountry."

totes different lol

It like they got the intern to reword the previous description but keep all the buzzwords
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 11/Jul/16 8:00pm

AgrAde wrote:Yeti, instead of admitting that they made the SB6c too light and frail for its intended use, have released a harder hitting "Enduro" version of what was previously their enduro race bike. With identical geometry but a carbon layup that's now 200g heavier, "the SB6 Enduro is begging to get out on your next park, gravity or backcountry adventure". Remind me what the SB6c was marketed for?

Maybe people will stop going through front and rear triangles faster than front and rear tires.

So if you bought one from a NZ shop, you could use the CGA "fit for purpose" clause to update your frame...
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 11/Jul/16 8:04pm

If you broke it, for sure. I love NZ's consumer protection laws. The SB6 is a dentist bike through and through, up there with the s-works enduro and nomad CC. Perhaps they never expected the original owners to ever ride it enough to discover the weak bits ;)
AgrAde

Postby Velocipedestrian on Tue 12/Jul/16 7:51am

AgrAde wrote:If you broke it, for sure. I love NZ's consumer protection laws. The SB6 is a dentist bike through and through, up there with the s-works enduro and nomad CC. Perhaps they never expected the original owners to ever ride it enough to discover the weak bits ;)

They do look like dentist bikes, but you see them around - and dirty - in Welly.
Velocipedestrian
"Now bicycles were never made for pale green pants to ride 'em. Especially spooky pale green pants with nobody inside 'em."

Postby michael on Wed 13/Jul/16 3:29pm

AgrAde wrote:Yeti, instead of admitting that they made the SB6c too light and frail for its intended use, have released a harder hitting "Enduro" version of what was previously their enduro race bike. With identical geometry but a carbon layup that's now 200g heavier, "the SB6 Enduro is begging to get out on your next park, gravity or backcountry adventure". Remind me what the SB6c was marketed for?

Yeti Website wrote:Using the same geometry of the SB6c, we were able to rework the carbon fiber layup - adding just 200 grams - to hit an amazing price without compromising stiffness or strength

Sounds like they are just doing what Santa Cruz does with a C and CC model.
michael
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby AgrAde on Wed 13/Jul/16 3:42pm

Yeah true, didn't see how much cheaper it was, just figured it was burlier. Wonder if it's just as breaky.
AgrAde

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 14/Jul/16 9:30pm

:o

I hope it's a screw-on chuck too.
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal
Member for: 17 years 7 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 14/Jul/16 9:40pm

:D
AgrAde

Postby dwgknz on Mon 25/Jul/16 4:44pm

Velocipedestrian wrote:
AgrAde wrote:If you broke it, for sure. I love NZ's consumer protection laws. The SB6 is a dentist bike through and through, up there with the s-works enduro and nomad CC. Perhaps they never expected the original owners to ever ride it enough to discover the weak bits ;)

They do look like dentist bikes, but you see them around - and dirty - in Welly.

I've had an SB6 worth of dental work for next week cancelled cause my dentist has a broken collar bone on one side and thumb on the other, I thought mountain biking but then found out skiing.
dwgknz
Member for: 7 years 0 months

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 25/Jul/16 5:13pm

dwgknz wrote:
Velocipedestrian wrote:

I've had an SB6 worth of dental work for next week cancelled cause my dentist has a broken collar bone on one side and thumb on the other, I thought mountain biking but then found out skiing.

I got a case of "skiers thumb" in wanaka... Caused by mountain biking.

(also known as goalkeepers thumb - pole/handlebar/ball pushes thumb back, detaching or breaking ulnar collateral ligament)
Velocipedestrian

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 25/Jul/16 5:27pm

I did my thumb just riding home from work :huh:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Postby Velocipedestrian on Mon 25/Jul/16 7:18pm

Astoria Paranoia wrote:I did my thumb just riding home from work :huh:

Sounds like my normal A&E visits, it's the flat wide bits that put me in the ambulance.

The thumb I thought was a sprain.
Velocipedestrian

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 25/Jul/16 7:39pm

If in Chch, The Hand Clinic in Merivale is the only place to take said thumbs... Thumbs up! Did mine years ago one night riding McLean's Island backwards
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Mon 25/Jul/16 7:53pm

swtchbckr wrote:If in Chch, The Hand Clinic in Merivale is the only place to take said thumbs... Thumbs up! Did mine years ago one night riding McLean's Island backwards

+1
Sorted me out real good.
Thanks ACC :thumbsup:
Astoria Paranoia
User avatarMedal

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts