New Feature - Immortalise Your Rides On Vorb

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Wed 26/Oct/16 11:03am

We now allow you to display your rides in posts. Using a natty little Google Maps widget.

NewMaps.jpg

All you need to do is upload the GPX file from your GPS or export the GPX from Strava or Garmin etc.
Vorb will do the rest.

"But wait there's more(tm)" Upload any photos taken during the ride and vorb will pin them on the map in the place where they where taken.

Garmin, Strava are great for storing and analysings your rides. But they are so focused on ranking your efforts against strangers. Shouldn't it just be about the riding? What it looked like? What it felt like?
A few words and pictures, and the ride tells a story you can share with your mates or relive five years from now.

Try it this weekend in the Where did you ride today thread

Roadies, try it in the Roadies - where did you ride today thread

To use it is pretty easy. All the standard Google maps controls. Pinch zoom, drag the map around, expand to full screen.
Click on a pin to show the photo.

Have a play:
=} Old Ghost Road - Part 2

Let us know if you have any problems or comments. Or just to tell me that spending the whole Labour day weekend at the keyboard wasn't a complete waste of my time.
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Re: New Feature - Immortalise Your Rides On Vorb

Postby Tugboat on Wed 26/Oct/16 8:39pm

I gave it a go but the GPX file (exported from Strava) was too big. 1.5mb for a 110km road ride yet the maximum file size allowed appears to be 800kib.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Rik on Wed 26/Oct/16 8:48pm

Tugboat wrote:I gave it a go but the GPX file (exported from Strava) was too big. 1.5mb for a 110km road ride yet the maximum file size allowed appears to be 800kib.

Your right! How restrictive, clearly I couldn't have imagined anybody being capable of cycling more than 80kms :p

Try again, I've upped the limit to 5 Meg.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby Tugboat on Wed 26/Oct/16 9:20pm

Works! Pretty sweet little feature!! :thumbsup:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Rik on Mon 31/Oct/16 10:29am

I've added some ride stats to the bottom of the map now.

Total ride time
Total distance
Average speed
Total climb
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Cycling | News | Public Notices | Sifting | Vorb - Latest Posts