Postby porschenut on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:01pm

Percy Pig wrote:
ditzonwheels wrote:
porschenut wrote: Hi all, what happened to Nick?

crashed on the 4WD track (concrete bridge) at bottom of vic park, front wheel washed out. I texted him, he can't get an op for a few days, and he's stuck in hospital till then :crazy:

Um, how did he crash there? :eh:
What was he doing to wash the front wheel out there? :huh:

Oi Percy! Get out of our thread!! :hmmm:

BTW hows your bootiful ASX? Carl was moaning about how he has to pay for the new mainframe.
porschenut
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby PowderPuffer on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:01pm

Percy Pig wrote:
ditzonwheels wrote:

crashed on the 4WD track (concrete bridge) at bottom of vic park, front wheel washed out. I texted him, he can't get an op for a few days, and he's stuck in hospital till then :crazy:

Dunno, I've had it happen to me there though, although that was because I had a front puncture and didn't realise and took the corner too fast. Good times...

I think the fish n chip shop is calling me
PowderPuffer
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:02pm

This concrete bridge everyone is reffering too, is that the one after double drop, just before the first cattle stop?
Wobbler
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby porschenut on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:03pm

I once crashed on the bit of singletrack along bowenvale just before it heads up to the top of vic park. I was going in a straight line, my tyre nudged the ebge of the grass and somehow I flipped.

It was really weird. :eh:
porschenut

Postby Percy Pig on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:05pm

Wobbler wrote: This concrete bridge everyone is reffering too, is that the one after double drop, just before the first cattle stop?

Yes, AFAIK its the only concrete bridge up there.

ASX is mint Andrew (it is Andrew innit? :paranoid: ), me likey lots :love: , has the new frame arrived yet? :)

PS: Na na na nah!! I can post in your thread, tehehehehe!! :p
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Wobbler on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:06pm

Ah yup, got some footage of nightkid washing the front out just after the bridge and faceplanting :lol:
Wobbler

Postby porschenut on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:08pm

Percy Pig wrote:
Wobbler wrote: This concrete bridge everyone is reffering too, is that the one after double drop, just before the first cattle stop?

ASX is mint Andrew (it is Andrew innit? :paranoid: ), me likey lots :love: , has the new frame arrived yet? :)

Yes it is andrew :)

Oh and the frame might be in the next yeti shipment, which is in Auckland at the moment I believe, should be here monday/thursday. Which would be great, I have no idea what is happening to the old frame??

PS are you racing/helping organise race 2moro?
porschenut

Postby porschenut on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:08pm

Wobbler wrote: Ah yup, got some footage of nightkid washing the front out just after the bridge and faceplanting :lol:

POST!!!!! :thumbsup:
porschenut

Postby Wobbler on Sat 28/Oct/06 6:11pm

Trying to get a hold of it now, not sure how large the vid ended up of it.
Wobbler

Postby Percy Pig on Sat 28/Oct/06 8:06pm

porschenut wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:

Yes it is andrew :)

Oh and the frame might be in the next yeti shipment, which is in Auckland at the moment I believe, should be here monday/thursday. Which would be great, I have no idea what is happening to the old frame??

PS are you racing/helping organise race 2moro?

Sweeet! :cool:

Racing only, not organising. :)
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby JohnnyC on Sat 28/Oct/06 10:34pm

PowderPuffer wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
ditzonwheels wrote:

Dunno, I've had it happen to me there though, although that was because I had a front puncture and didn't realise and took the corner too fast. Good times...

A dude nearly killed himself there last year. Like actually nearly did, he pulverised just about every bone in his body when he went full titty into that creek full of rocks :crazy:
JohnnyC
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Percy Pig on Sat 28/Oct/06 10:38pm

Ouch! :eh:
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"

Postby porschenut on Sat 28/Oct/06 10:38pm

JohnnyC wrote:
PowderPuffer wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
ditzonwheels wrote:

A dude nearly killed himself there last year. Like actually nearly did, he pulverised just about every bone in his body when he went full titty into that creek full of rocks :crazy:
:crazy:

and you try tell me that road riding is more dangerous...
porschenut

Postby JohnnyC on Sat 28/Oct/06 10:40pm

porschenut wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
PowderPuffer wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
ditzonwheels wrote:

Same thing could easily happen on a roadie, except the road bike doesn't have big tyres and suspension to prevent it
JohnnyC
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby porschenut on Sat 28/Oct/06 11:16pm

JohnnyC wrote:
porschenut wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:
PowderPuffer wrote:
Percy Pig wrote:
ditzonwheels wrote:

Same thing could easily happen on a roadie, except the road bike doesn't have big tyres and suspension to prevent it

car bonnets are actually quite smooth most of the time, creek beds full of rocks sound a bit rougher :D
porschenut

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts