Naff
"3 times the fun!"
Member for: 16 years 7 months

Postby MikeD on Fri 11/Jun/04 2:30pm

We usually got out of tickets... :)
MikeD
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Tama on Fri 11/Jun/04 2:36pm

MikeD wrote:We usually got out of tickets... :)
The "National Revenue Collection Force" is getting somewhat out of hand over here at the moment. Some policy wonks have found a correlation between speed and fatal accidents (duh) and are taking it to it's logical conclusion (no one goes about 0kph = 0 road toll) whilst making vast amounts of money off the driving public.

Everyone's a winner! Oh no, wait... it sucks arse. They've gone too far and need to also focus on other dangerous driving habits (tailgating, running red lights, failing to give way, not indicating, driving a stupid shiny SUV etc.) rather than being fixated on the gold mine of speeding tickets they've created.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 16 years 8 months

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 11/Jun/04 5:54pm

W3rd to Tama san.

Driver education is where its at,speed by itself doesnt kill,its speed in an inappropriate situation that kills.
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 12/Jun/04 12:37am

Kyle wrote:Have you actually seen one? or are you just going off what the biased reporting full of personal opinions told you to? As one of the few civilians who has sat in one and seen another being put through its paces up closes I'm intitled to and through talking to the engineers who are putting them together. I can destroy many misconceptions.

1. They fit in a Hercules fine. They have a variable ride height and people have been taking the higher one even though it makes the vehicle about half a metre higher. At the lowest height they fit with roonm to spare.

2. Tracks versus Wheels. Wheels win you can drive them on the road and they are faster. If a vehicle loses a track it is permanentl demobabalised until repairs or replacements can be found. The LAV's can lose 3 of thier 8 wheels and still run fine.
They have an internal pressure switch to inflate or deflate to gain more traction.

3. They can carry more infantry than the old ones 8 instead of 5.

4.Armament.Believe it or not we don't fight highly developed armies the most advanced army vehicle the Taleban have is a white Toyota ute. The sabot round is capable of destroying one at a range of about 3 k's and in the dark thanks to the infrared vision capabilities.

I was a sceptic until I saw them up close. If I have to trust them which I probably will seens as I'm joining the army I would.

Thats all good in fine, but I there all stuck in a workshop getting fixed. That don't mean dick.
I talked to a couple of guys from the Army when they where trying them out they said they are total crap and a waste of money. And what they had already worked much better.
Then again who did build the lav's?
LAV isn't it short for shitter?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sat 12/Jun/04 12:50am

Hey Mr D, where you been? :thumbsup:
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Datsane on Sat 12/Jun/04 6:12pm

Tama wrote:
The "National Revenue Collection Force" is getting somewhat out of hand over here at the moment. Some policy wonks have found a correlation between speed and fatal accidents (duh) and are taking it to it's logical conclusion (no one goes about 0kph = 0 road toll) whilst making vast amounts of money off the driving public.

Everyone's a winner! Oh no, wait... it sucks arse. They've gone too far and need to also focus on other dangerous driving habits (tailgating, running red lights, failing to give way, not indicating, driving a stupid shiny SUV etc.) rather than being fixated on the gold mine of speeding tickets they've created.

Its so true Clean suv are Bad.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Sifting - Latest Posts