Postby Jono on Wed 20/Mar/02 5:36am

...and for those people wanting the pimpy look, there is gold annodising on the LX stuff.

See it all here

Apparently there is some odd shit happening with the XTR shifters - shifting has been integrated into the brake level (just like roadie skum). Presumably so that when you fall off you can't change as well as not being able to shift.

Mmmm...small moving parts in dirt. It's what we love.  :sly:
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby Tama on Wed 20/Mar/02 9:13am

Yo yo yo Geeee...

Gimme sum of dat phat pimp gold mofo LX shit.... Y'all shoutin' it out to the homies... wanna hear yo say "Shimano" wanna here yo say "Planned Obsilence" wanna here yo say "Some dumb folks will buy anything"...

Heaven forbid I've become cynic in my years behind the counter. :p
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby Jono on Wed 20/Mar/02 10:32am

Just call me an 8 speed luddite :)
Jono

Postby Dazzle on Wed 20/Mar/02 10:33am

"Shimano" wanna here yo say "Planned Obsilence" wanna here yo say "Some dumb folks will buy anything"...

:satan: get off the shimano train, brother
ride single speed style, testify!

:0 you can only use one gear at a time, so your effectively wasting 26 gears at any one particular moment. :sneaky:

:satan: and I hear talk of people working on belt drive systems - get rid of that chain!!!
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby Jono on Wed 20/Mar/02 10:51am

Hmmm...makes you think - bevan (another NZ person) who I've been riding with a couple of times has one of those odd lahar bikes (with the rohloff 8 speed internal  mega-huge hubs on the back). That seems to butter his muffins. But then there are lots of couriers here who use fixed wheel bikes (i.e. no freewheel), which is, to my way of thinking, getting just a bit freaky for dealing with traffic (at least some of them have got brakes  :crazy: )
Jono

Postby SlackBoy on Wed 20/Mar/02 4:15pm

If you can afford xtr then presumably you can affor tog et it seviced after every ride, maybe thats what shitmano is going for. They'll end up buying into bike shops all over just to get a slice of the added servicing. Me I think it will do 2 things, more sales for sram, and increased sales of XT (if they still have seperate shifters) and other groupsets that have shifter pods seperate. And well your all gonna have to learn to brake pulling the lever straight in, you ain't gonna be able to get lazy and pull on funny angles cos the lever will move downwards and change gears for you. Won't happen often but what happens when you hit a big bump when braking and your lever moves and when you go to stomp outa the corner your gears change, yup yup nice work mr SHITmano.
I hope sram can get the rapidfire shifters working and available everywhere pretty bloody quickly

p.s won't affect me for quite some time as I only buy cheap crap cos it costs less when I break it
SlackBoy

Postby Tama on Wed 20/Mar/02 6:47pm

That naughty little monkey Dazzle sent me this link

Which will take you to those professional tossers at Mountain Bike Action, and what they have to say about the new XTR.
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"

Postby Dazzle on Thu 21/Mar/02 11:25pm

can you say

B E L T    D R I V E!!!!!

close pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

:satan: It'd be shimano free, if it wasn't for the hubs, cranks, bb......... oh well, those are easily taken care of   :satan:
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts