Re: Nelson Riding (this Weekend)

Postby mfw on Fri 10/Jul/15 12:17pm

AgrAde wrote:I'm bringing a friend now and he's managed to convince me to book some real accommodation :blush:

Was hoping to get away early enough to ride today but now with the change of plans.... Night ride!

Night ride = Barnicoate / Widdershins / Involution :thumbsup:
1 hour loop at pace with local knowledge, 1.5-2h otherwise
OR Codgers: Firball or Firball + Turners
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 10/Jul/15 1:00pm

mfw wrote:
AgrAde wrote:I'm bringing a friend now and he's managed to convince me to book some real accommodation :blush:

Was hoping to get away early enough to ride today but now with the change of plans.... Night ride!

Night ride = Barnicoate / Widdershins / Involution :thumbsup:
1 hour loop at pace with local knowledge, 1.5-2h otherwise
OR Codgers: Firball or Firball + Turners

dont make the mistake we made and ride UP Involution... it's no fun at all and took foreverer, much prefer the Barnicote method.

Might be riding Saturday afternoon in the trails behind Richmond...
Then was thinking maybe on Sunday of just doing R&R and down Sharlands...?
gonna have the dog with me, so i cant do anything with big long road sections from one end back to a car. otherwise i'd probably have gone third house, jenkins, involute
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby shmoodiver on Fri 10/Jul/15 8:04pm

Fuk you rass unts.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Fri 10/Jul/15 9:29pm

:D
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 5 months

Postby swtchbckr on Fri 10/Jul/15 11:05pm

shmoodiver wrote:Fuk you rass unts.

Can you not join us? Or, too many bikes to deal with :( ?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby shmoodiver on Sat 11/Jul/15 6:50am

Two babies! And mega fat atm
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 4 months

Postby AgrAde on Sat 11/Jul/15 10:56pm

Going up the Dun mountain trail to do sunshine ridge and peaking ridge tomorrow. Should be a laugh. Rode 629 today and it was magnificent.
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby swtchbckr on Mon 13/Jul/15 8:07am

Peaking good?

I had a wee play in Codgers: Turners, lollipop and Smasher. Walked bits of the latter two :(. Too damn gnar for my middle-aged bones
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Postby ChumlyPogward on Mon 13/Jul/15 8:11am

Yea I did firball, was going to try P51 as well but was all overgrown with gorse.
ChumlyPogward
Member for: 6 years 9 months

Postby AgrAde on Mon 13/Jul/15 7:49pm

God damn Nelson has good riding. Sunshine/Peaking was up there with the most fun I've ever had on a bike. Barely dipped our toes in to what's available up there, there's too much choice!

Would have been good to catch up to figure out good loops, had a very inefficient ride through codgers but at least turners was great, good change after 629 that morning :lol: When I'm riding with old mate though we tend to just do our own thing.

I'll be back in the summer. For a longer period of time. Maybe to live. Hah.
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby mfw on Tue 14/Jul/15 1:57pm

AgrAde wrote:God damn Nelson has good riding. Sunshine/Peaking was up there with the most fun I've ever had on a bike. Barely dipped our toes in to what's available up there, there's too much choice!

Would have been good to catch up to figure out good loops, had a very inefficient ride through codgers but at least turners was great, good change after 629 that morning :lol: When I'm riding with old mate though we tend to just do our own thing.

I'll be back in the summer. For a longer period of time. Maybe to live. Hah.

:thumbsup: Glad you had a great riding weekend, hope you will trade again :D
And there's more: Nelson has it's own plans for a MTB park on Fringed hill, along with a Gondola (and the tracks already have the go ahead even if the Gondola doesn't happen) :love:
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Postby swtchbckr on Tue 21/Feb/17 2:32pm

What's the deal with 3rd house to Jenkins and Involution these days? Open? Munty?

Heading up this weekend, never had gotten through that route and figured it might be time. but then, prolly only got time for a shortish ride, so was thinking a quick Barnicoat Involution lap.

How's everything else riding?
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"

Cycling | Mountain Biking | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Regions | Upper South Island - Latest Posts