Nelson M T B Hillclimb Leaderboard 2013/14

Postby mfw on Sun 1/Sep/13 9:11pm

Season 1: 1st September 2013 - 31st May 2014
[leaderboard4]4[/leaderboard4]
Climb details

1 Sharlands road and Bob's Fern road to Wiggles
Physical: 1/5 Technical: 1/5
Start at the Kaka road carpark mapboard, ride 5.5km up Sharlands road, take the left at second Bob's Fern turn off and ride to the last Wiggles entry point before the top summit entrance (one entry further up than the R&R intersection).

2 Sharlands road to R&R http://www.strava.com/segments/5460405
Physical: 3/5 Technical: 1/5
Start at the Kaka road carpark mapboard, ride all the way up Sharlands road to the R&R rush post by the water pond, turn left post the pond and ride up through the first skidsite through the dip and all the way up to the top skidder just below the 'new' entry to R&R Rush (by the R&R entry post).

3 Codgers, Pipeline, Jacks track to Fireball skidder http://www.strava.com/segments/5523888
Physical: 2/5 Technical: 2/5
Start at the bottom of the Old Codgers Track at the Brook St mapboard, up Codgers, sharp left onto Pipeline track, right onto the new Jacks track, right onto Summit-Fireball link road and finish at the Fireball skidder (at the IV Line signpost).

4 DC, P51 to Mutation
Physical: 3/5 Technical: 3/5
Start at the mapboard at the bottom of the DC track, go up the DC track then cross Codgers onto the Summit road (maintenance track), follow up to the Pipilini Track start, Left into Pipilini and around to the bottom of P51 straight ahead into the bottom of P51 and all the way to the very top, finishing by the start of Mutation (white post marker).

5 DC, Drain, New Firball to Sharlands Trig
Physical: 3/5 Technical: 3/5
Start at the mapboard at the bottom of the DC track, go up the DC track then cross Codgers onto the Summit road (maintenance track) for 100m, then turn right into Drain [until new Drain climbing track complete], then take the 'new' Firball climbing track (south loop) to Fireball skidder, then upper Firball to Sharlands Trig finish.

6 Founders zigzag track http://www.strava.com/segments/2731363
Physical: 2/5 Technical: 3/5
From Atawhai Drive / Walters Bluff intersection take the winding singletrack up to Whitehead place then continue up to the right on the track marked 'Centre of NZ' to the intersection with the water tank road, turn hard right and finish 30m further up at the Gate.

7 Involution http://www.strava.com/segments/5057478
Physical: 5/5 Technical: 5/5
From the end of Marsden valley road go left up the Weir track and make your way up to the bottom of the Involution trail. Start timing here. Ride all the way up Involution, and finish at the top intersection with Jenkins Hill road.

Procedure:
Open to anyone
1. Ride up the hill as fast as you can, and either self time your run or use GPS.
2. Submit your time to the board by either:
  • Enter a new time manually by clicking the 'Enter times' button.
  • Upload a GPX file retrieved from your GPS. The system will scan this file looking for leaderboard routes. You then simply select which times you want to submit to the leaderboard.
  • For those not up to the task of all this new fangled technology can post their time "like we used to do in the good 'ol days of the vorb leaderboard" and I'll update board when I get around to it.
3. Don't forget to post a reply about you ride anyway, it keeps the topic fresh.
4. Check out your position on the board and try and improve it by completing more climbs or riding up them faster! The table is sorted by number of times, then rider rankings. Your ranking is calculated from your time as it relates to other's times (rating estimates get more accurate as number of climbs go up). Rating scale: 100 = average, 120 = 20% faster than average, 80 = 20% slower than average.
Last edited by mfw on Tue 24/Sep/13 9:01pm, edited 6 times in total.
mfw
User avatarMedal
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Re: Nelson M T B Leaderboard

Postby hdb on Sun 1/Sep/13 10:10pm

Thanks for offering something other than Fringed Hill - I still have twitches from trying to race up that last year :crazy:
hdb
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Postby Rik on Mon 2/Sep/13 12:33pm

All plugged in!

Go Go Go!
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Postby mfw on Mon 2/Sep/13 9:53pm

Cheers Rik, all looking good now, and with all your softwares to do the number crunching I can spend more time riding and less time behind the spreadsheet. :thumbsup: And I now have a star by my name at the top of the board :love: Even though it's masking the wooden spoon underneath

hdb wrote:Thanks for offering something other than Fringed Hill - I still have twitches from trying to race up that last year :crazy:

LOL Hey no worries, hope you see you posting times soon, maybe even persuade your daughter to join you!?

I tried to come up with a climbs menu with varying difficulty from easy to hard, and have all climbs leading to somewhere with fun descending options (so no Fringed hill!).

I have a matching 'Super D' leaderboard in mind, which links to most of these climbs, for those that wish to compete on the descents too, but I'll let this run for a bit first ;)
mfw
User avatarMedal

Re: Nelson M T B Hillclimb Leaderboard 2013/14

Postby mfw on Wed 4/Sep/13 9:59pm

Just sneaked out for a swifty up the zigzags, the worst of the weather bomb seemed to have passed :D
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby hdb on Wed 4/Sep/13 10:05pm

Just for grins, I was going to try to post all of the strava segments that correspond to the climbs when I get a chance - I know enough of us are Stravatards to make it interesting. MFW - feel free to chuck yours up here if you have them.
Here's the segment for #6 Founders Zig Zags: http://www.strava.com/segments/2731363
hdb

Postby mfw on Fri 6/Sep/13 4:54pm

Bagged P51 this morning, did a P51 / Mutation / Viral / Pipilini commute, MTB track names sound so much more interesting than roads don't they :D
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby mfw on Fri 13/Sep/13 2:55pm

Couple more from me: R&R on Sunday and Firball this morning.

Anyone gonna challenge me!?, there's some pretty soft times up there :p
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby mfw on Tue 24/Sep/13 8:34pm

Welcome on board hdb, as for your Jack's time I know you can do better than that :sneaky:

OK I can't (yet) compete with Riks' incentives (end of season prizes) but I have just added Physical and Technical difficulty ratings to my climbs - I'd like to see how Rik can do 'Technical' difficulty with his road climbs :p

Right, might be time to go on a recruitment drive...
mfw
User avatarMedal

Postby hdb on Thu 26/Sep/13 6:09pm

mfw wrote:Welcome on board hdb, as for your Jack's time I know you can do better than that :sneaky:

That is what happens when you join the casual mtb chicks ride :eh: I will put a wee bit more pace into it the next time (post Oz).
hdb

Clubs | Cycling | Mountain Biking | Nelson | Nelson MTB Club | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Regions | Upper South Island - Latest Posts