Postby jumpmtb on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:02pm

well we are polite and dont seem to bother the walkers so i guess its only the council
jumpmtb
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby r_s on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:04pm

Big Jumps 20ft plus, then ya got yaself a real track....and yeh....I dont think your surpose to be even buildin these tracks where u have described in your other thread......
r_s
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby jumpmtb on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:05pm

well wheve built up a double section um last i heard its alright now to build up there and the old man doesnt sweer at us anymore
jumpmtb

Postby Rooney on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:05pm

mate that still dosent change the fact that you are not aloud to build there.Imo you should find somewhere legel to build your track
Rooney
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby fox on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:11pm

wheres this other thread?
fox
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby jumpmtb on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:13pm

it got locked because its ilegal to build there
jumpmtb

Postby Rooney on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:13pm

it just got locked
Rooney

Postby fox on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:23pm

Right is this up at kiritane?
fox

Postby Rooney on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:24pm

yep
Rooney

Postby jumpmtb on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:24pm

yes this is up karatane you should come
jumpmtb

Postby ydopen-rider on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:26pm

XTC1 wrote: I dont ride DH but theres this mint peice of track just a bit higher up than GumTree in CHCH, its really flowy with burmed corners and not jumps but sorta rises that u glide across the top off its really fast, i rode it today and its just reassured me that it kicks ass. So yea something flowing and fast, not too many sharp turns, i find it breaks up the rythem that you get into.

thats hands down the flowyest bit of track in chch
ydopen-rider
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Postby fox on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:28pm

jumpmtb wrote: yes this is up karatane you should come
I was planning to today untill it turned out to be possibly the most ass weather.

Ill head up very soon most likely this friday or Weekend unless i get better riding options
fox

Postby jumpmtb on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:28pm

ohk cool
jumpmtb

Postby Stun on Sun 30/Jul/06 5:31pm

ydopen-rider wrote:
XTC1 wrote: I dont ride DH but theres this mint peice of track just a bit higher up than GumTree in CHCH, its really flowy with burmed corners and not jumps but sorta rises that u glide across the top off its really fast, i rode it today and its just reassured me that it kicks ass. So yea something flowing and fast, not too many sharp turns, i find it breaks up the rythem that you get into.

thats hands down the flowyest bit of track in chch

Nah - Anaconda beats it hands down.
Stun
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby sifter on Sun 30/Jul/06 6:10pm

It fucks me off reading threads like this.

Wellington City Council has been very MTB friendly in the last few years. The MTB Policy was due for review in 2002 and we have been promised that this review will happen in the next 12 months. WCC have just spent $12k on a helicopter and 5 truckloads of gravel for Koru at Makara Peak, and they have also recently paid for designs for 2 new tracks at the park. You may have read that it is likely Tama will try to initiate a 12/24 hour relay on Mt Victoria.

All of this is jeopardised if MTBers insist on building tracks around the city without permission. How would you feel if the relay event were denied because of your illegal actions? How would you feel if MTB access to Tinakori Hill was continued to be denied because of illegal track building on Mt Victoria or Mt Albert. As a Wellington MTBer, I know I would be pissed off. Access is always hanging in the balance, and unfortunately, with a Mountain Bike Park in the city, certain resident groups, and even councillors may not feel too bad about completely excluding MTB from other parts of the city.

There are many people on this site with advocacy experience. Instead of posting this sort of bullshit, why not ask about how this sort of thing might be done legally. You might consider approaching Stu Bailey, WCC Park Ranger, ph 4994444 about your "project". You may find he's keen to help out, or offer alternatives. Or maybe he's reading this public forum already, and might get hold of you himself...

Makara Peak is not the only place legal track development is going on: think Wahine, Skyline, Salvation etc. You may be surprised how quickly good projects can get the go ahead...
sifter
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Cycling | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts