Hi, My Name Is Oscar And I’ll Be Your Grouch Today

Postby Tinkerbell on Mon 8/Jun/09 10:08am

It’s 8am on Saturday morning and I’m still asleep. Mmmmmm sleep, how I love you at the moment, I wish I could have more of you all the time. The significance of me being asleep at 8am is the previous night I’d agreed that 9:30am would be a good time to go riding up Rapaki and had asked my lovely hubby to wake me at 8am to ensure I had plenty of time to wake up and get ready. Unfortunately he was unable to keep track of the time once he got up and the next thing I know I’m being abruptly awakened by my phone announcing it has a text for me. Sometimes I truly regret my Invader Zim ringtones.

Through bleary eyes and with fog filled headed I eventually regain control of my limbs enough to press the necessary buttons to read the text and discover, to my disgust, that it’s a beautiful sunny day and 9:30am is the kick off for the ride, as I foolishly proposed the night before. I hate it when I’m the author of my own downfall. I flop out of bed and into the kitchen to remind my lovely husband to wake me at 8am. He is surprised and amused at his oversight, I am not. I am grumpy. Breakfast is quickly eaten and biking clothes are gathered in front of the heater. The many layers are donned and the search for a clean and dry headband commenced, in vain it turns out. No clean headbands, and sun glasses are MIA. I am grumpy..............
=}

Clicky clicky to read the full article: http://ilovetobikelots.blogspot.com/200 ... -your.html
Sourced from RSS Feed: http://ilovetobikelots.blogspot.com/rss.xml
Original Published: 10:03am Monday, 8th June 2009 - NZST
Tinkerbell
"I am smiling"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | Mountain Biking Love Story | New Zealand | Regions | Vogs - Latest Posts