Mud House Mudride - April 2010

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Fri 3/Jul/09 8:59am

A major treat is in store for mountain bikers of all abilities with Waipara winery Mud House teaming up with award winning event director Pete Halligan to present a festival of off-road cycling. Already famous for their “Village Green” concerts, the team at Mud House are now intent on providing their exclusive brand of hospitality to riders of all abilities attending “The Mud House Mudride” in late April 2010.

Run across three days the event will incorporate a cycle expo on Friday, a range of cross country events catering for riders from primary school age to national elite on Saturday and the South Island Cyclecross championship on Sunday. The festival will wind up with a series of demonstration matches of Cycle Polo, a great entertainment option for riders and spectators alike.

Having established an unparalleled reputation as the event director of the Graperide, the largest on-road cycle event in the South Island, Pete Halligan and his team are looking forward to the chance to return to their ‘fat tire’ roots. “The Mud House tracks will be a wonderful mix of challenge and exhilaration for all levels of rider” he said. “From recreational Mums and Dads to our national elite there will be an opportunity for everyone to get out there in the crystal clear North Canterbury air and enjoy the magnificent terrain and scenery Mud House and the Mount Cass area has to offer”.

While reluctant to predict numbers for the inaugural event, Halligan concedes that his aim is to make the event “the largest off-road cycle event in the South Island”. Depending on the weather the mud may be all in the name but bet on one thing, the Mud House Mudride will be a great opportunity to “get some dirt on your tires”.
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Re: Mud House Mudride - April 2010

Postby Tama on Fri 3/Jul/09 9:02am

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:South Island Cyclecross championship on Sunday

I guess I need to put the drops back on the Monster Cross :thumbsup:
Tama
"Come on Ruthie let's dance"
Member for: 17 years 10 months

Postby Chickenman on Fri 3/Jul/09 9:07am

Tama wrote:
Melissa_Theuriau wrote:South Island Cyclecross championship on Sunday

I guess I need to put the drops back on the Monster Cross :thumbsup:

Awesome!!!!

I might come down for a holiday :thumbsup:
Chickenman
Member for: 17 years 4 months

Postby crazychris on Fri 3/Jul/09 9:48am

time to go bargan hunting and build another bike. I've never done cyclecross, but I'm a fast learner!
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Jesus-Scotland on Fri 3/Jul/09 6:13pm

Anyone know if its old school lots of rules horse polo OR ....

The awesome sport that is hard court bike polo??

Also - anyone in christchurch who wants to try hardcourt polo send me a message.

We have mallets and some places to play; you just need to bring yourself and a bike you dont mind getting scratched.
Jesus-Scotland
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby brutalfreeride on Sun 17/Jan/10 1:21pm

So... who's all fired up for the CX race then? :satan:
brutalfreeride
"www.kenfeistcx.com"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby trancemaster on Wed 14/Apr/10 8:48pm

" DUE TO LAND ACCESS LEGAL ISSUES WHICH HAVE JUST COME TO LIGHT THE MUD HOUSE MUDRIDE HAS BEEN POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. "

is this still on next week ?
trancemaster
Member for: 11 years 0 months

Postby XCguy on Wed 14/Apr/10 9:23pm

trancemaster wrote:" DUE TO LAND ACCESS LEGAL ISSUES WHICH HAVE JUST COME TO LIGHT THE MUD HOUSE MUDRIDE HAS BEEN POSPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. "

is this still on next week ?

I don't know any further details but I would have thought "the mud house mudride has been postponed until further notice" provides the answer :blink:
XCguy
Member for: 16 years 1 month

Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Cyclocross | Events | Middle South Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | News | North Canterbury | Regions - Latest Posts