Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby trailtroll on Sat 11/Jul/09 7:48pm

Who will do all the work I have to do here?????????
trailtroll
""i woke up this morning and all of my stuff was stolen and replaced with exact duplicates.""
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby D2 on Mon 1/Mar/10 4:44pm

Anyone heard from the boys in Chile since the earthquake? Know of one downhiller over there at present.
D2
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby psychavoc on Mon 1/Mar/10 4:48pm

Seen facebook posts from Mickey and Adrian saying they're both fine and they didn't feel a thing.
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby D2 on Mon 1/Mar/10 4:50pm

Thanks Psychavoc. Joe over there too. Good to hear they are ok.
D2
Member for: 10 years 0 months

Postby WillP on Wed 5/May/10 9:37pm

any one know who to contact for Portugal trips???? will they still be running in 2012??
WillP
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Jono on Wed 5/May/10 9:38pm

Contact Jeff (at the beginning of the thread). He's on top of all the building activities.
Jono
"High Grade Mental Defective"
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Postby WillP on Wed 5/May/10 10:32pm

Jono wrote:Contact Jeff (at the beginning of the thread). He's on top of all the building activities.

cheers mate mate
WillP
Member for: 9 years 1 month

Postby Jeff on Fri 28/May/10 7:07am

NZ Trail Solutions: MTB Trail Building Jobs in Nelson, for immediate start.

Hi Trail crew

Dodzy and I have had a pretty exciting day today with the last major hurdle for purchase of the Nelson, NZ, property being jumped. This hurdle was approval by the overseas investment office and it had to come in by midday Friday or the purchase contract would lapse. After months of work by us and by the lawyers and estate agents, the approval came in at 4.30pm today, right down to the wire!

Dodzy and I will do the property inspection on Monday 1st June, final settlement will follow and we are hoping to have the first of the trailcrew start on Wednesday 3rd June. The project will be for 4 trailcrews of 8 guys, making 32 trailcrew in total. We are looking to mix-up the trailcrew with a 50:50 mix of experienced trailcrew that have been on trips and those that haven’t yet.

The major differences to the overseas contracts are as follows:

• No onsite accommodation or food etc is provided you find your own in Nelson, or camp onsite if you’re brave. There are currently no facilities onsite.
• The net payrate remains the same for level 2 (experienced) crew guys and is comprised of an hourly rate and daily allowances for bike, wet weather gear etc
• The gross payrate for those that haven’t been on an overseas contract – level 1, is $15/hr
• We anticipate the project will last 9-12months
More info is contain in the attached contract information.

If you’re interested in working on this project, please provide your availability here:
http://www.formstack.com/forms/?957923-QAOWhObij0

We will review everyones availability over the weekend and confirm trailcrew asap.

Regards,
Jeff Carter
NZ Trail Solutions
Jeff
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby speeding_ant on Fri 28/May/10 8:36am

Wow!

If only I hated my job...
speeding_ant
Member for: 9 years 8 months

Postby Owen on Fri 28/May/10 10:00am

Win :) Applied last night.
Owen
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby RHR_Rob on Fri 28/May/10 3:01pm

best to go for the last stint then you have plenty of trails to ride thanks to the previous crews :-) (unless of course thats thier rainer season)
RHR_Rob
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Postby bubbles 0_o on Fri 28/May/10 6:03pm

J-man wrote:It says you ride to and from the worksite each day so does that mean that further into 2011 your going to be riding like 70+ km to and from each day or is it a loop or?

Actually interested to know if this is the case?

I've never done any trail building but I'm going to do some tomorrow, and I'm keen as to do one of the 2011 3 month stints, if places are still available.
bubbles 0_o
Member for: 7 years 4 months

Postby Owen on Fri 28/May/10 7:05pm

You wouldn't have to ride that far, just take short cuts through the bush when it gets too far, or just get fitter.
Owen
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Bay of Plenty | Chile | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Public Notices | Regions | Rotorua | Shuttling | South America | Trail Building - Latest Posts