Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby chalky on Wed 29/Apr/09 1:43pm

Biker4Life wrote:So what trips is everyone going on?

Im going in the Jan 2010 trip

Who else is on this trip?


How long you going for Adrian?

I'd quite happily ditch my degree for awhile to do something like this
chalky
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby sircrashalot on Wed 29/Apr/09 3:31pm

this sounds sick, i mite do it next year after i finished school.
sircrashalot
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby J-man on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:16pm

It says you ride to and from the worksite each day so does that mean that further into 2011 your going to be riding like 70+ km to and from each day or is it a loop or?
J-man
Member for: 13 years 10 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby sircrashalot on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:19pm

im thinking of september 2010
sircrashalot
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Phippsy on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:36pm

Holy f@&k im goin in 2 weeks
Phippsy
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby White-Lightning on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:37pm

J-man wrote:It says you ride to and from the worksite each day so does that mean that further into 2011 your going to be riding like 70+ km to and from each day or is it a loop or?

wow that would get you fit!! I dunno about taking a dh bike , maybe a 5-6 inch bike may be better? but then again if there are some uci races on then maybe its worth it....
White-Lightning
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Biker4Life on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:41pm

White-Lightning wrote:
J-man wrote:It says you ride to and from the worksite each day so does that mean that further into 2011 your going to be riding like 70+ km to and from each day or is it a loop or?

wow that would get you fit!! I dunno about taking a dh bike , maybe a 5-6 inch bike may be better? but then again if there are some uci races on then maybe its worth it....



Just saw that 2stage has a rider is Brazil so might take a 5inch bike over and try to sell the 2stage here. And see if I an get a 2stage sent to chile from the brazil distributor?
Biker4Life
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Trail on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:48pm

Ha... good luck with that!

It might not look far away, but getting stuff shipped safely around Sth America is probably not an easy thing to achieve...
Trail
User avatar
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Biker4Life on Wed 29/Apr/09 4:56pm

Trail wrote:Ha... good luck with that!

It might not look far away, but getting stuff shipped safely around Sth America is probably not an easy thing to achieve...


Well I can always have a chat to 2stage and see if its possible? They manage to get them their fine and im sure they are shipped to purchasers and bike shops throughout the area. Its a possibility
Biker4Life
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Joshguy01 on Wed 29/Apr/09 5:18pm

Oh I am soo tempted.
Joshguy01
User avatar
"My psychiatrist said I'm special"
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Trail on Wed 29/Apr/09 6:14pm

Biker4Life wrote:
Trail wrote:Ha... good luck with that!

It might not look far away, but getting stuff shipped safely around Sth America is probably not an easy thing to achieve...


Well I can always have a chat to 2stage and see if its possible? They manage to get them their fine and im sure they are shipped to purchasers and bike shops throughout the area. Its a possibility


Yep, have a chat to them (do you speak portugese or spanish?). Just be warned that what you think of as common practice here in NZ and US and Europe is quite likely not common practice in many parts of South America. Chile/Argentina is pretty good, but many other parts of Sth America there is a lot of corruption etc. Officials (police, government, border control etc) in many Sth American countries are very poorly paid and make a lot more money from bribes/on the spot fees etc.

Having said that, Gravity Bolivia are Kona and Santa Cruz dealers and Alistair can often swing a deal if you were looking to grab one of those in Sth America to ride. If you go work for him for a while he can probably swing a "Staff deal" on one for you.
Trail
User avatar
"Concentrating on technique"
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Blatman on Wed 29/Apr/09 6:22pm

January 2010... postgrad can be put off for a bit.
Blatman
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby soccer_pro on Wed 29/Apr/09 6:42pm

What age are all you fullas going?
soccer_pro
User avatar
"Bikes for life"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Biker4Life on Wed 29/Apr/09 6:51pm

Trail wrote:
Biker4Life wrote:
Trail wrote:Ha... good luck with that!

It might not look far away, but getting stuff shipped safely around Sth America is probably not an easy thing to achieve...


Well I can always have a chat to 2stage and see if its possible? They manage to get them their fine and im sure they are shipped to purchasers and bike shops throughout the area. Its a possibility


Yep, have a chat to them (do you speak portugese or spanish?). Just be warned that what you think of as common practice here in NZ and US and Europe is quite likely not common practice in many parts of South America. Chile/Argentina is pretty good, but many other parts of Sth America there is a lot of corruption etc. Officials (police, government, border control etc) in many Sth American countries are very poorly paid and make a lot more money from bribes/on the spot fees etc.

Having said that, Gravity Bolivia are Kona and Santa Cruz dealers and Alistair can often swing a deal if you were looking to grab one of those in Sth America to ride. If you go work for him for a while he can probably swing a "Staff deal" on one for you.


Ill most likley talk to 2stage new zealand, who would organise it through their branch over seas. Ill keep allistair in mind if thing were to fall though with 2stage but I know that they have a rider over there on a 2stage so getting one over there musnt be that big of an issue. Im not sure why you are so negative towards this?

Anyway a fantastic opportunity
Biker4Life
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Mtb Trail Building Jobs In Chile

Postby Biker4Life on Wed 29/Apr/09 6:52pm

soccer_pro wrote:What age are all you fullas going?


Age during work period will be 19
Biker4Life
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Bay of Plenty | Chile | Cycling | Middle North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Public Notices | Regions | Rotorua | Shuttling | South America | Trail Building - Latest Posts

Who is online

56 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 54 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit

cron