Mtb Options - Huntsbury & Montgomery Spurs

Postby Melissa_Theuriau on Thu 28/May/15 1:12pm

Greetings people - some will know, some may not that a couple of years ago we were successful in lobbying Spreydon/Heathcote Community Board to build a new intermediate level mtb track on Huntsbury Spur. After that we applied for and got $20,000 from Transpower Community Fund to support construction but CCC staff have not supported the project.

Now they are re-thinking, but have raised the spectre of completing a track that was included in Montgomery Spur Development Plan (2010) instead of Huntsbury Spur.

To inform my negotiations with CCC could those of you with time or interest complete this 9 question survey; https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LBGL8TC
1510785_10152164695611060_372367831_n.png
Melissa_Theuriau
"Vorb News Reader"
Member for: 12 years 8 months

Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: Mtb Options - Huntsbury & Montgomery Spurs

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 28/May/15 4:45pm

Melissa_Theuriau wrote:Greetings people - some will know, some may not that a couple of years ago we were successful in lobbying Spreydon/Heathcote Community Board to build a new intermediate level mtb track on Huntsbury Spur. After that we applied for and got $20,000 from Transpower Community Fund to support construction but CCC staff have not supported the project.

Now they are re-thinking, but have raised the spectre of completing a track that was included in Montgomery Spur Development Plan (2010) instead of Huntsbury Spur.

To inform my negotiations with CCC could those of you with time or interest complete this 9 question survey; https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LBGL8TC

LOLZ on that last question...

is there anything else regarding Port Hills mountain bike tracks you would like to comment about??

single check box -->yes/no
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby danose on Thu 28/May/15 5:11pm

swtchbckr wrote:LOLZ on that last question...

is there anything else regarding Port Hills mountain bike tracks you would like to comment about??

single check box -->yes/no

you having a bad reading comprehension day - right under that is a HUGE text input box, with the heading 'comments' (the seemingly redundant yes/no box above it is down to the rather inflexible way surveymonkey does things)
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 14 years 5 months

Postby AgrAde on Thu 28/May/15 7:50pm

everyone should add that we'd all like a christchurch version of Queenstown's Gorge Rd. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
AgrAde
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | News | Regions - Latest Posts