Postby Wobbler on Mon 14/Jan/08 11:19pm

did the tvr drop an oil patch?
Wobbler
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Steve-O on Tue 15/Jan/08 1:28am

It's Andrew Wittakers?
I know a few years ago he imported one (Whittakers chocolate manager) and was racing it, back then everyone in the racing world of NZ was gobsmacked by him running it....
Steve-O
"Only the Finns go truly sideways..."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Simon_K on Tue 15/Jan/08 9:49pm

Carl Hansen I think.

*Edit* http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=129&i=7841

The Whittakers have some nice 911 turbo's as "Daily drivers"...quite the car park to drool over. I remember hearing rumours about some really exotic cars being seen near their place some time ago
Last edited by Simon_K on Tue 15/Jan/08 9:53pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simon_K
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Monolith on Tue 15/Jan/08 9:52pm

wachtourak wrote: Last time I saw that TVR race it spanked everything and a Nissan 300ZX did a rad crash, lolol

the silver thing?

he's a surgeon at welly hospital
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"

Postby dented on Tue 15/Jan/08 9:56pm

Monolith wrote:
wachtourak wrote: Last time I saw that TVR race it spanked everything and a Nissan 300ZX did a rad crash, lolol

the silver thing?

he's a surgeon at welly hospital

Not any more, sold it to a mate of mine in Whakatane a year ago. Still running it in Super GT, but only until his new car is finished getting built.
dented
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Postby Monolith on Tue 15/Jan/08 9:57pm

:paranoid:

shows how often I get out to motorsport events :D
Monolith

Postby dented on Tue 15/Jan/08 9:59pm

The surgeon (Gasson? Gunson?) now runs a 2dr inpreza with the works. In Super GT.
dented

Postby Monolith on Tue 15/Jan/08 10:04pm

Dave Gunson iirc.

I hadn't made the connection between the surname and the WRX :lol:
Monolith

Postby Datsane on Tue 15/Jan/08 10:54pm

You mean the "Mobil Hand granade" didn't he have one about 3 years ago. He was driving one in SuperGT back then at least. And Hansen in the TVR.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby dented on Wed 16/Jan/08 9:43pm

Wow, Shane Van Gisbergen looks to have himself a fricken great drive lined up for next year with, arguably, one of the best teams on the grid in V8 Supercars.
Also would be fantastic to see Kayne Scott in the TKR car if there is any truth to that rumour also. IMO one of the guys in the NZ series with the best attitude.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4359174a1823.html
dented

Postby wachtourak on Wed 16/Jan/08 9:46pm

Backward step for TKR

Great for Van Gisbergen though
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 17/Jan/08 11:31am

wachtourak wrote: Backward step for TKR

Great for Van Gisbergen though
Second.
They wouldn't stand for his whinging over in Oz so I cant see him getting on over there all that well.

Be interesting to see what Van Gisbergen can do with a good team and car.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby wachtourak on Thu 17/Jan/08 8:10pm

The technical partnership with Stone Brothers was a good thing IMO. If that had continued and Van Gis had stayed with them I don't see why he wouldn't have been pulling the odd top 10 this season with TKR. I fully expect him to be getting good results/top 10's with Stone Brothers once he was a little more experience.

I don't doubt Kayne Scott's abilities as a driver but without good machinery underneath him he's gonna be languishing down the bottom. I mean TKR just plain don't have the $$$ to employ engineers of the calibre of say 888 or Stone Bros so the car just is not gonna be as good...
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby dented on Thu 17/Jan/08 8:14pm

Would love to see Angus Fogg given another chance in a Supercar, I reckon he's fucken awesome
dented

Postby Datsane on Fri 18/Jan/08 12:28pm

wachtourak wrote: The technical partnership with Stone Brothers was a good thing IMO. If that had continued and Van Gis had stayed with them I don't see why he wouldn't have been pulling the odd top 10 this season with TKR. I fully expect him to be getting good results/top 10's with Stone Brothers once he was a little more experience.

I don't doubt Kayne Scott's abilities as a driver but without good machinery underneath him he's gonna be languishing down the bottom. I mean TKR just plain don't have the $$$ to employ engineers of the calibre of say 888 or Stone Bros so the car just is not gonna be as good...
Nail on the head.
Are TKR going back to Holden again :eh: I heard somewhere that they might be.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts