Re: Motorcycle

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 30/Jun/09 5:01pm

yup. was late for school, thought id cut down the cycle track and save a shit load of time. its just a dirt trail surrounded in long grass. got a wee way down and though "fuck its muddy" but on the left there is a railway track, and to the right is houses. too narrow to turn the lump around. i kept going slowly, hit a gentle downhill patch of slippery mud and down we went. took a chip out of the nose fairing (Found the piece luckily) left a 15cm crack along the side and ripped the indicator stalk clean off and mega squished it into the ground. so off to the panel beaters it'll have to be :(
dicks-naughty-account
"WRANGLER BUTTS DRIVE ME NUTS"
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 30/Jun/09 5:03pm

doh!
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Chickie on Tue 30/Jun/09 5:14pm

Gutting DNA - I hope you can repair most things easily.
Chickie
Member for: 19 years 6 months

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Tue 30/Jun/09 5:17pm

yeah. guess it aint that bigger deal. found an exact bike on tardme being wrecked, hopefully a rear will fit the front...

will have to come up with about $200+ to have the crack welded and painted however.
dicks-naughty-account

Postby shmoodiver on Tue 30/Jun/09 8:31pm

just use some newtec bol
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 1/Jul/09 2:55pm

dicks-naughty-account wrote:yeah. guess it aint that bigger deal. found an exact bike on tardme being wrecked, hopefully a rear will fit the front...

will have to come up with about $200+ to have the crack welded and painted however.

you'll be lucky. I bought one for an SV650 and they were different front to back. Very frustrating esp when they couldnt supply the one I wanted.....

good luck.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 20 years 4 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Wed 1/Jul/09 2:58pm

Relic wrote:Ah you young fullas and your shiny motorsickles, spose you ride one of them new fangled suspension mountainbikes eh.

Ha I say, nothing like riding a crusty hand change, just like an old hardtail fullnoise downhill, eyeballs blurred, teeth rattling, always out of control, the full 50mm of travel working overtime.

Its a 1929 AJS 500 engine slotted into a 1928 350 frame and fork, pisses the restorers right off.

so cool. I was talking to a guy recently about his old Indian. left hand throttle (!) foot clutch (right foot I think) hand shift and the right twistgrip did manual timing advance. I was offered a ride and declined. I can't even switch gears mentally to ride a britbike with right foot gearchange. (and struggle with race pattern shift as well). didnt want to chuck someones pride and joy down the road because I am retarded.
Henry Dorset Case

Postby dicks-naughty-account on Sun 5/Jul/09 12:15pm

FFFFUUUU

Two hours, still cant hold the overly short wires together. decided to just tape the indicator up and use it since all it needed was a $3.50 bulb.

also decided i'm gonna give valve clearance adjustment a crack myself instead of coughing up clams for the shop to do it...
P4240001.JPG
dicks-naughty-account

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Jul/09 1:33pm

Soooooo, one of my mates has just bought a brand new leftover 08 R1: $19k on the road, out the door.

cool.

its the red and white one.

didnt come with the dirty girl though.
Henry Dorset Case

Postby Chickie on Fri 10/Jul/09 4:53pm

So I just got my restricted - the tester only commented that I need to indicate for longer but it felt like a big old mess and I stalled :blush: and I coud barely hear him through the radio

All that aside I have a piece of paper that says I am on my 6R so woohoo

Time to destroy the Loser plate :thumbsup:

:D
Chickie

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Jul/09 4:54pm

Chickie wrote:So I just got my restricted - the tester only commented that I need to indicate for longer but it felt like a big old mess and I stalled :blush: and I coud barely hear him through the radio

excellent news. Do you get to ride the Raptor yet?
Henry Dorset Case

Postby Chickie on Fri 10/Jul/09 4:57pm

Henry Dorset Case wrote:
Chickie wrote:So I just got my restricted - the tester only commented that I need to indicate for longer but it felt like a big old mess and I stalled :blush: and I coud barely hear him through the radio

excellent news. Do you get to ride the Raptor yet?

No :( well not legally
I need to do an approved advanced training session/s and then I can sit my full in 3 months, or wait and sit it in 6 months. But ideally I want to be riding the cagiva for summer!!!!
Chickie

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 10/Jul/09 5:00pm

Do the advanced training even if you wait, really worthwhile. There used to be a weekend course involving a road race (uh, road ride) to Palmerston Nth then overnight then a day at Manfield.

Try and do a trackday also, not for your roadcraft, but a sense of what your bike can do.

take the Gixxer: wouldnt want to scuff up the raptor too much.

:)
Henry Dorset Case

Postby Chickie on Fri 10/Jul/09 5:13pm

I have been thinking a track day would a lot of fun ... not sure if Ed will let me ride the Gixxer :paranoid:
Chickie

Postby Percy Pig on Fri 10/Jul/09 10:50pm

Chickie wrote:I have been thinking a track day would a lot of fun ... not sure if Ed will let me ride the Gixxer :paranoid:

Point at the couch, then ask him. :D
Percy Pig
"Got a bone?"
Member for: 20 years 3 months

Motorcycles | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts