Re: Motorcycle

Postby Rik on Thu 3/Jul/14 9:00am

Ah the blissful ignorance of youth to dicey conditions. To be fair to the lad, he did stay on till the end, so there no taking taking away form his skills.
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"
Member for: 9 years 4 months

Postby Colin on Thu 3/Jul/14 10:32am

Rik wrote:Ah the blissful ignorance of youth to dicey conditions. To be fair to the lad, he did stay on till the end, so there no taking taking away form his skills.

He's stayed on till the end for 8 from 8.

Showing Schumacher nous of only making errors when it doesn't impact the race outcome, like going down in the warm-up session last week-end.

Re the gif: It is 'only' in qualifying, so everyone else could be at 9/10ths timing things to get just the right tow needed for a hot lap with a little extra.

I just like the "feekitall, I'm out of here" and well gone before anyone else can react.
Colin
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby ryda on Mon 7/Jul/14 12:51pm

http://www.bikesportnz.com/2014/07/king ... orld-no-2/

Darryll King picked up 2nd at the FIM Veterans Motorcross World Cup in Sweden in the weekend
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Chickie on Thu 10/Jul/14 9:43pm

Mmmmm motogp this weekend. Looking forward to it :thumbsup:

And yay for new tyres on the ducati - it turns again :)
Chickie
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby gumby on Sun 27/Jul/14 7:49pm

gumby
Member for: 4 years 2 months

Postby ryda on Fri 22/Aug/14 10:14am

I know this guy has talent but.....

to save this

almost.JPG

http://www.sportrider.com/sportbike-new ... near-crash
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby pedalingkiwi on Fri 22/Aug/14 10:50am

"others claim that the photos are fake" - sure seems strange there isn't a movie version, but hey nothing is impossible ......
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Rik on Fri 22/Aug/14 11:03am

pedalingkiwi wrote:"others claim that the photos are fake" - sure seems strange there isn't a movie version, but hey nothing is impossible ......

Somebody knows a whole tonne load about motorbike physics to get those photos looking right. I mean what can these doubters see that's wrong. Sure it looks impossible, but that's the point, this kid is redefining possibility. If those photos prove to be fake, I'll eat my tyres.

Amazed :crazy:
Rik
""Cities are becoming more rational again, after the folly of car-centric planning," Colville-Andersen"

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 22/Aug/14 3:07pm

Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Fri 22/Aug/14 3:08pm

Henry Dorset Case

Postby RugbySucks on Fri 22/Aug/14 4:00pm

Rik wrote:
pedalingkiwi wrote:"others claim that the photos are fake" - sure seems strange there isn't a movie version, but hey nothing is impossible ......

Somebody knows a whole tonne load about motorbike physics to get those photos looking right. I mean what can these doubters see that's wrong. Sure it looks impossible, but that's the point, this kid is redefining possibility. If those photos prove to be fake, I'll eat my tyres.

Amazed :crazy:

I reckon two things saved Marquez. Firstly he has already got his weight so low, and supports (arrests) the bike almost immediately, then it looks like he has managed to "get on the gas" very quickly, which immediately takes all weight off the front tyre and essentially changes the bike's direction thereby 'saving' the front end. These guys are already used to sliding those bikes at high speed anyway. Awesome riding skills regardless.
When I was racing, and the front tried to 'tuck under', getting on the gas was usually the only way to save the front end.
RugbySucks
Member for: 9 years 9 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Fri 22/Aug/14 5:46pm

gumby wrote:Wall OF Death http://vimeo.com/32493819

Cool vid :thumbsup:
Thanks for posting it.
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby znomit on Fri 5/Sep/14 6:29pm

znomit

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sat 6/Sep/14 11:51am

Very sad :(

Its one of the reasons I'm happy to have my Yammy SR500 - its slow unlike the big bikes I've had which were way too easy to speed on.

The other week I went along to the AGM of the club I belonged to a few years ago. They've all slowed down (had a guy die earlier this year) and some are riding less hard out bikes too :thumbsup:
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Tue 9/Sep/14 3:16pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:Very sad :(

Its one of the reasons I'm happy to have my Yammy SR500 - its slow unlike the big bikes I've had which were way too easy to speed on.

The other week I went along to the AGM of the club I belonged to a few years ago. They've all slowed down (had a guy die earlier this year) and some are riding less hard out bikes too :thumbsup:

Riding hard on the road its a question of when, not if. That guy in that video was riding like an absolute tosspot though.

one of the reasons I got into the whole naked bike thing. (though the ST-R is fairly quick under 160kph - aerodynamics are a bit average after that)
Henry Dorset Case

Motorcycles | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts