Re: Motorcycle

Postby BurningPlastic on Wed 22/Jun/11 1:06pm

The CBX250RSs look pretty cool with the plastics around the seat removed and they make a good around town bike...

Saw the thread over on Kiwibiker... :sly:
BurningPlastic
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Wed 22/Jun/11 1:23pm

BurningPlastic wrote:The CBX250RSs look pretty cool with the plastics around the seat removed and they make a good around town bike...

Really? I hadnt thought about that. Would make mounting a rack easier to I guess.

Now just need to make a mount for my MTB to go on the back. :crazy:
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby BurningPlastic on Wed 22/Jun/11 1:45pm

I just had a look on google images and the ones with those panels removed just looked better to me - just an aesthetic thing...

Although given I'm riding a CD250 right now, I probably shouldn't comment ;->
BurningPlastic
Member for: 14 years 6 months

Postby Spokes on Wed 22/Jun/11 10:57pm

Got it home, started it and rode up and down the drive. 20 years since ive ridden and was a bit nervous. It goes really well. So the rolling resto started 10 mins later. :love:

I know its old and slow, but so am I. :D
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby kneemick on Thu 23/Jun/11 5:53am

I remember when the 250RS was released - they were lots of fun to ride but from memory only had kick start (maybe later models had electric start as well). Friend did one as a cafe style racer (single seat and those silly bar end mirrors and clip on bars etc ) and that looked cool but you had to be someone like me (with a low centre of gravity) for it to be anything remotely resembling comfortable to ride
I'm sure it will serve you well Spokes. And being old and slow isn't a crime, rather its an excuse to enjoy the scenery more :)
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 23/Jun/11 6:17am

Mine is very stock, good paint etc so will touch up and polish. And its electric start only. Which was a small issue with flat battery.

The pic is from the ad. All up with bike, helmet, gloves etc and licence I will have spent 1k. :D
CBX250 002.jpg
Spokes

Postby kneemick on Thu 23/Jun/11 6:29am

Good buying I would say - and yes my previous post had it wrong as I knew it had one or the other method of starting but not both. I guess kick start stuck in my head cause in those days I was riding mainly old british bikes
kneemick
"In the absence of clearly defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily acts of trivia"
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby dented on Thu 23/Jun/11 6:34am

In 1987 a good friend of mine had one of those. I had a VT250 and mine was faster :D
dented
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 23/Jun/11 8:04am

dented wrote:In 1987 a good friend of mine had one of those. I had a VT250 and mine was faster :D

My flatemate has a 650 Burgman. im looking forward to going faster than him. :D
Spokes

Postby znomit on Thu 23/Jun/11 8:37am

Spokes wrote:
dented wrote:In 1987 a good friend of mine had one of those. I had a VT250 and mine was faster :D

My flatemate has a 650 Burgman. im looking forward to going faster than him. :D

Good luck with that.

I used to ride my brothers cbx250rs. Nice until we melted the piston.
Change your oil today. :crazy:
znomit
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby Henry Dorset Case on Thu 23/Jun/11 9:49am

Spokes wrote:Mine is very stock, good paint etc so will touch up and polish. And its electric start only. Which was a small issue with flat battery.

The pic is from the ad. All up with bike, helmet, gloves etc and licence I will have spent 1k. :D

bargain. And fun to ride too. check out the CB250RS cafe racer thread on KB too, its cool.
Henry Dorset Case
"[b]DO THEY SPEAK ENGLISH IN WHAT?[/b]"
Member for: 18 years 5 months

Postby swtchbckr on Thu 23/Jun/11 10:03am

Spokes wrote:Now just need to make a mount for my MTB to go on the back.

i always wanted to do that. i've seen pics of them mounted on the backs of trailbikes, but i always thought it'd be cool to rumble up to a mtb race on the guzzi with the bike on the back.

i figured easy enough to make -- a quickrelease clamp thing sitting just behind your bum holding the forks, and a special clamp thing for the BB, a wheel either side. no problems.
swtchbckr
"Freakin' Mellonfarmer"
Member for: 15 years 6 months

Postby kiwi_zg on Thu 22/Sep/11 9:12am

The new Ducati Superbike 1199 Panigale is coming :love:

“Developed as a true sport bike with competition in its DNA, the Ducati 1199 Panigale will first see racing action in the 2012 FIM Superstock Championship and, in accordance with the factory’s development program, make its debut in World Superbike in 2013.
kiwi_zg
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby kiwi_zg on Thu 22/Sep/11 9:23am

TT3D : Closer To The Edge.
I just saw this movie last night - Awesum documentary about Isle of Man TT in 3D.
Zero margin of error for these guys.
Kiwi Paul Dobbs is also in the movie, sadly his last race :( RIP

kiwi_zg
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Colin on Thu 22/Sep/11 9:42am

TT3D is a grouse movie. Enjoyed it to the max despite the discomfort 3D gives me.

Senna movie is a good watch too.

Duke is nice, but will be interesting to see what happens with the carbon fibre monocoque.

Ironically, the teaser for the Panigale – the first production bike to use Ducati's monocoque frame design derived from the Desmosedici racer – has been revealed on the same day that Rossi is expected to test a conventional alloy beam framed version of the GP bike in an effort to solve the handling woes that have marred his season so far. Of course road riders will never push the Panigale hard enough to discover whether it's inherited the lack of front end feel that Rossi and other GP riders have criticised in the Desmosedici race bike, but it's sure to be a worry for WSB teams considering the new Ducati. It's also certain to be a concern for Ducati's marketing department, which was hoping to have at least a handful of Rossi/Ducati wins under its belt in preparation for the Panigale's launch.
Colin
Member for: 17 years 3 months

Motorcycles | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts