Re: Motorcycle

Postby Ohskidths on Sun 16/May/10 10:31am

I may know where there is a Suzuki bandit 250 for sale, my brothers got one. But he's the Navy and not riding it much so wants to sell it ill try find some specific details if you want. He used it while on his learners. .............Okay so he sold it last weekend, sorry.
Last edited by Ohskidths on Sun 16/May/10 11:05am, edited 1 time in total.
Ohskidths
Member for: 13 years 8 months

Postby znomit on Sun 16/May/10 10:47am

Spokes wrote:Would a GN 250 be ok to commute 70ks a day with? Some m/way?

It would be OK. It would be bottom of my list of 250s... Unless you need the low seat height.
znomit
Member for: 13 years 7 months

Postby Spokes on Sun 16/May/10 11:20am

Sims wrote:I wouldn't! :lol:

Why? :eh:

I dont know shit about motorcicles, what would be betterer? Not after fast, comfortable and reliable.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 16 years 2 months

Postby znomit on Sun 16/May/10 11:46am

Spokes wrote:

I dont know shit about motorcicles, what would be betterer? Not after fast, comfortable and reliable.

Its probably a good learners machine(low seat, gear indicator, slow, hopefully cheap, no expensive fairings to bust when you fall off).
znomit

Postby Spokes on Sun 16/May/10 11:53am

znomit wrote:
Spokes wrote:

Its probably a good learners machine(low seat, gear indicator, slow, hopefully cheap, no expensive fairings to bust when you fall off).

I can ride fine, but not got a licence. Used to ride motos back in the day.
Spokes
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"

Postby znomit on Sun 16/May/10 11:58am

Spokes wrote:I can ride fine, but not got a licence. Used to ride motos back in the day.

Well, don't expect to have any fun on the GN but its adequate for commuting.
I had a GN125 for going to uni on (had to park up the guzzis for a year) and nothing really to complain about.
znomit

Postby Spokes on Sun 16/May/10 12:00pm

znomit wrote:
Spokes wrote:I can ride fine, but not got a licence. Used to ride motos back in the day.

I had a GN125 for going to uni on (had to park up the guzzis for a year) and nothing really to complain about.

Not after fun, got BMXs for that. Anything better than a GN?
Spokes

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 16/May/10 12:12pm

if you get a gn250 spokes, drop the crowns about an inch on the stanchions and it sharpens up the handling a bit
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby stiffeeslicker on Sun 16/May/10 12:13pm

Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

I wouldn't use it for motorways, just on the basis that it's a a single thumper so it'll run out of puff pretty quickly at motorway speeds. Anything with more cylinders (twins/fours) will be happier at speed.
Edit: this based on riding a Maurauder 125 for my ex girlfriend back along 140 miles of British dual-carriageway. Aside from shagging the rockers from the continued high revs, the bike was not happy at all and I was going max. about 55mph (85km/h) the whole way.
stiffeeslicker
"Intentional, apparently."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 16/May/10 2:59pm

stiffeeslicker wrote:
Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

I wouldn't use it for motorways, just on the basis that it's a a single thumper so it'll run out of puff pretty quickly at motorway speeds. Anything with more cylinders (twins/fours) will be happier at speed.

:eh: You wouldn't have typed that if you'd had a decent ride on a Yammy SRX600
FLATULENTFRIEND
"I'm a Sponsored rider; My Wife Pays me to get out of the house!"
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 16/May/10 3:59pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
stiffeeslicker wrote:
Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

yes, but, bearing in mind that the poster asking the question DOESN'T have a motorcycle licence, so, a 250 will be the biggest bike he can ride for a while ;)
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby pushbikerider on Sun 16/May/10 4:00pm

Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

see the slightly earlier discussion about 250's including the "bandit"
pushbikerider
"Gone Riding.........."
Member for: 19 years 10 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 16/May/10 4:19pm

pushbikerider wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
stiffeeslicker wrote:
Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

yes, but, bearing in mind that the poster asking the question DOESN'T have a motorcycle licence, so, a 250 will be the biggest bike he can ride for a while ;)

True...I forgot that bit :blush:
FLATULENTFRIEND

Postby stiffeeslicker on Sun 16/May/10 4:25pm

FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
stiffeeslicker wrote:
Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

;) And you'd have to agree that for a given capacity singles are much slower in terms of top speed (eg Yam XT660 vs R6 110mph vs 170mph, sorry not good at k's) and it becomes painfully apparent on the wee bikes!

stiffeeslicker
"Intentional, apparently."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby FLATULENTFRIEND on Sun 16/May/10 9:52pm

stiffeeslicker wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
pushbikerider wrote:
FLATULENTFRIEND wrote:
stiffeeslicker wrote:
Spokes wrote:
znomit wrote:

;) And you'd have to agree that for a given capacity singles are much slower in terms of top speed (eg Yam XT660 vs R6 110mph vs 170mph, sorry not good at k's) and it becomes painfully apparent on the wee bikes!

Of course you're right - the R6 would eat it for breakfast but then I was comparing the SRX600 with a 250 single - not with a 600cc multi.
FLATULENTFRIEND

Motorcycles | Motoring | Sifting - Latest Posts