More Vic Park Riding - 21 June 2009

Postby wuffy on Sun 21/Jun/09 5:01pm

:blink:
DSC_0376.JPG
DSC_0380.JPG
DSC_0429.JPG
Epic riding from these guys, triple black diamond stuff.
DSC_0379.JPG
DSC_0406.JPG
DSC_0409.JPG
DSC_0418.JPG
Last edited by wuffy on Sun 21/Jun/09 5:16pm, edited 2 times in total.
wuffy
Member for: 9 years 5 months

Re: More Vic Park Riding - 21 June 2009

Postby Wobbler on Sun 21/Jun/09 5:10pm

I'm so glad people are paying attention to the track updates website

As of Friday 19.6.2009 at 3.30pm: Drying has been slow this week. Some sections of the tracks are pretty good an others damp. Tracks further east like Godley Head are probably the best to head for-if you feel you need to get out. However if it rains again-please leave the rig in the shed. Next update Tuesday 23rd June.

Thanks
Nick Singleton

http://www.ccc.govt.nz/Cycling/TracksRi ... tHills.asp

:huh:
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby slowMTB on Sun 21/Jun/09 5:18pm

While I certainly enjoy your photographic pictorials Wuffy - Wobbler is right.

You are implicating riders and pissing off track builders / responsible riders by posting these, Summer really is the time for this type of activity.

Winter time = Worseley Spur and the likes ;)
slowMTB
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby wuffy on Sun 21/Jun/09 5:56pm

Don't shoot the messenger!
wuffy

Postby wuffy on Sun 21/Jun/09 6:04pm

Wobbler wrote:I'm so glad people are paying attention to the track updates website

As of Friday 19.6.2009 at 3.30pm: Drying has been slow this week. Some sections of the tracks are pretty good an others damp. Tracks further east like Godley Head are probably the best to head for-if you feel you need to get out. However if it rains again-please leave the rig in the shed. Next update Tuesday 23rd June.

Thanks
Nick Singleton

http://www.ccc.govt.nz/Cycling/TracksRi ... tHills.asp

:huh:

Mixed messages on that page, in the text it says to not ride but then why does it state that the tracks are open?
wuffy

Postby Wobbler on Sun 21/Jun/09 6:06pm

Not really.

Because that was when it was updated, the open/closed etc are not updated until the date indicated for the "next update"

The "if it rains again don't ride" given we have had heaps of rain since Friday makes it pretty obvious.
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Wills27 on Sun 21/Jun/09 6:30pm

I think the keyword is LEAVE THE RIG IN THE SHED.
Wills27
Member for: 10 years 10 months

Postby slowMTB on Sun 21/Jun/09 7:39pm

wuffy wrote:Don't shoot the messenger!

Trust me, I know where you are coming from there. It is just that people are going to get pissed and you are going to wear it even though you are just the guy taking pics.

I was one of the guys from last weeks photo session and I don't know you from a bar of soap, so I am aware that you are not an associate of your subjects.

Personally I really enjoy your piccy threads :thumbsup: . Keep up the good work :)
slowMTB
Member for: 10 years 7 months

Postby Simpleone on Mon 22/Jun/09 8:18am

wuffy wrote:Don't shoot the messenger!

Maybee the "messenger" could have said or done something to stop the idiots! :hmmm:

Nice one guys more tracks getting wrecked.
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby danose on Mon 22/Jun/09 9:22am

Simpleone wrote:Nice one guys more tracks getting wrecked.

I keep thinking Nick should park himself at the bottom stile on bowenvale and hand out shovels to riders he find riding down there when the tracks are shut

"congratulations, since you obviously ENJOY being wet and cold you'll be trackbuilding in the rain for the rest of the day"
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby wuffy on Mon 22/Jun/09 11:12am

The riders had no option but to go down and they only did 1 very slow run that was just for taking photos. It wasn't raining the previous day up there and it only started lightly raining when they were half the way down. They only went on tracks under cover that were dry and nothing was done to the tracks.
wuffy

Postby danose on Mon 22/Jun/09 12:15pm

wuffy wrote:The riders had no option but to go down and they only did 1 very slow run that was just for taking photos. It wasn't raining the previous day up there and it only started lightly raining when they were half the way down. They only went on tracks under cover that were dry and nothing was done to the tracks.

so that photo of the guy kicking up water off the track is an optical illusion right!

it started raining friday night and poured down off and on all night - you must be one heavy sleeper!
danose
"I've never met a hill I didn't like"
Member for: 14 years 4 months

Postby Wobbler on Mon 22/Jun/09 12:17pm

wuffy wrote:The riders had no option but to go down and they only did 1 very slow run that was just for taking photos. It wasn't raining the previous day up there and it only started lightly raining when they were half the way down. They only went on tracks under cover that were dry and nothing was done to the tracks.

brake free isnt under cover

b line jumps are not under cover

it rained friday night/sat/sundae morning
Wobbler
User avatarMedal

Postby Simpleone on Mon 22/Jun/09 12:33pm

The riders did have an option DON'T RIDE! Are you mental? What about the puddle splash? sorry Danose I don't agree its a trick of the light or illusion.

I stayed off the hills and I had time off (rare) I'm frustrated too and would love to get out on the trails, by the time I do though they'll all be cut up again by self centred dip shit's

Arseholes!
Simpleone
"“Size does matter!”"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby crazychris on Mon 22/Jun/09 12:50pm

I was at the top of Vic Park on Sat morning, the whole thing was a giant puddle. We were going to ride Bowenvale Traverse, but declared it too way wet, signs or no signs! I made the girls ride down Kennedys Bush instead - there are always options for a fun downhill, but wet singletrack + riding = no singletrack as the people who dedicate themselves to trackbuilding will eventually get pissed off and stop doing it. Tracks will be destroyed and never rebuilt.

As far as the tracks go - ride them like you own them! If you want muddy fun, find a 4x4 track and get plastered!
crazychris
"Fitness and Fatness, now in equal measures!"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Bay of Plenty | Canterbury | Christchurch | Cycling | Middle North Island | Middle South Island | Mount Maunganui | New Zealand | Port Hills | Regions - Latest Posts