Moonshine Series. Night Races In Hamilton

Postby Datsane on Fri 18/Jun/10 11:28pm

All the planning :lol: has come to light and along with a few others I would like to bring you.
The Moonshine Series
Date: Starts Tuesday 22nd June. It will be for fun and people wanting to have a go, check lights work etc... and that everything is in place have the races run smoothly.
Then on Tuesday 6th July, 20th July, 3rd August, 17th August, 7th September 21th September and maybe October.
Races will run Rain or shineclear night sky, they will only not run if damage to the track is high or the course is deemed to dangerous. Though there could be fall back plans in these cases.
Details: Registration is from 7pm racing starts 7.30pm at Maui St entrance.
Entry per Race is $3 HMTBC members and $5 non members.
There will be categories for Junior (under 18), vets (40 plus), Single speeds, Males and Females.
You will need at least one front white light and one rear facing red light that is visible at all times.

I'm trying for an event with a difference for winning races all you will get is points, a choc bar a small one at that and all in the hope that you will get a trophy at the end. There will be spot prizes given out at random and by will of contributors/supporters.

Contributors/supporters to the Series are:
Matt from Velo Espresso
Kel from Nitelights
The Members of the HMTBC
And Rick from Delta Copy

I think that is it. If I have left anything out let me know.
Moonshine Series Entry.pdf
Downloaded 57 times
Last edited by Datsane on Thu 24/Jun/10 3:03pm, edited 4 times in total.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Re: Moonshine Series. Night Races In Hamilton

Postby Datsane on Mon 21/Jun/10 4:06pm

Thanks Mel for pointing out the date oops.

See you all tomorrow night :satan: Weather report say cloudy possible showers.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Mon 21/Jun/10 4:27pm

Haven't checked the track since Thursday, but the repairs on the step-down from the Gurney Trail were holding and the drainage repairs all looked ok then too. A few water holes, but hell - it has been raining after all :p
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Mel on Mon 21/Jun/10 9:31pm

Datsane wrote:Thanks Mel for pointing out the date oops.

See you all tomorrow night :satan: Weather report say cloudy possible showers.

Um, I think you mean 7th and 21st September? (3 and 17 are Fridays). :huh:
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby RussS on Mon 21/Jun/10 9:34pm

bwah hah hah hah
RussS

Postby Datsane on Mon 21/Jun/10 10:27pm

Shhh
Hey I never said this was going to be a well run event :lol: Its Fun FUN I tells you.

There may be a few short cuts tomorrow yet I didn't like one section in the oaks much. But I will inform every before the start, just don't let me forget.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Tue 22/Jun/10 1:33pm

A bit late notice but if any one would be able to lend me a hand tonight with timing it would be much appreciated.
The two people I had decided to be busy tonight doing other things Useless.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Tue 22/Jun/10 5:59pm

Can't make it all tonight - about to hit the sheets with a hand full of assorted meds and try to repair self before morining :(
RussS

Postby Mel on Tue 22/Jun/10 10:29pm

w00t! A nice short race tonight. Well... shorter for some of us at least. :paranoid:

A full gaggle of singlespeeders tonight made it the unOfficial Hamilton Singlespeed Champs, with everyone going home with a spot prize. Great weather made the track not too bad - pretty slippy in places with my silly rear tyre, but at least the front one was hooking up (most of the time) to point me in the right direction.

Come down to the next one, and get your own custom numberplate as a souvenir.
3 and a half [800x600].JPG
Yep, fully custom!
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 23/Jun/10 11:44am

The last thing to go in the car being my bike didn't make it. Which was sad as last night would have been a good chance to ride.

Liked the full field of SS riders :thumbsup: At least some geared riders would be nice so come on guys.
Just so people know the course will very depending on track conditions. It will be marked just before also not just the verbal brief at the start. A couple of my helpers couldn't make it so marking never happened.

No one found my watch in the oaks so there is a chance for a spot prize for any one finding it still :lol:

Thanks to Matt from Velo Espresso, Kel from Nitelights, Rick from Delta Copy and the HMTBC. All of whom played a part in bringing this idea of mine into existence.

Results Are:
Mel winner OF
1st overall Shaun OM
2nd Ritchie VM
3rd David VM
Shane with Most broken looking rider.

So keep an eye out for the next round 6th July.
MS Start.jpg
Right I'm off to the Pub
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby xc_cruiser on Wed 23/Jun/10 3:26pm

Datsane, you should also post this on the Hamilton Mountainbike Club site if you havent already, it was only by chance that i saw the post while i was snooping through vorb in search for bike parts.

BTW - good fun race (alil spookie in the park late at night :alien: ), well organised and hassle free...thank god for the creation of mud tyres, clear glasses and maintenance free single speeds!!

Will bring a couple of friends to thicken the numbers for next time! :thumbsup:
xc_cruiser
Member for: 7 years 11 months

Postby keltravers on Wed 23/Jun/10 3:54pm

How many riders were there last night?

Kel Nitelights
keltravers
"Dodgy boats and dodgy lights"
Member for: 8 years 3 months

Postby nagem on Wed 23/Jun/10 4:17pm

I can't do Tuesdays. :(
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 23/Jun/10 5:05pm

xc_cruiser wrote:Datsane, you should also post this on the Hamilton Mountainbike Club site if you havent already, it was only by chance that i saw the post while i was snooping through vorb in search for bike parts.

BTW - good fun race (alil spookie in the park late at night :alien: ), well organised and hassle free...thank god for the creation of mud tyres, clear glasses and maintenance free single speeds!!

Will bring a couple of friends to thicken the numbers for next time! :thumbsup:
There will be something in the next news club news letter. Last night was a tester I wasn't expecting many due to the late notice, but was hoping for more. I was getting reports about softies not wanting to get dirty :p
The 5 riders (all on SS) and the two (junior) that were late all had a good ride and the races all had smiles, tuffer course next time I think :satan:

IMO Pukete is a completely different place to ride at night and is why I wanted to do night races. Spookie yes safety in numbers and all that :lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Wed 23/Jun/10 7:21pm

Spookie - meh, I ride there all the time on my own at night .... haven't been attacked by a possum yet
RussS

Cycling | Events | Hamilton | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts