Re: Moonshine Series. Night Races In Hamilton

Postby RussS on Tue 5/Oct/10 9:57pm

Enquiring minds are interested to know what tosser drove his car over his bike while cleaning up tonight :ib:
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby nagem on Wed 6/Oct/10 7:59am

RussS wrote:Enquiring minds are interested to know what tosser drove his car over his bike while cleaning up tonight :ib:

:blink:
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Mel on Wed 6/Oct/10 9:41am

Aw, that's mean, Russ. :(

He put all that effort in for everyone and did an awesome job of it*. It was a really fun series and finished with the most ghetto of obstacle courses that provided plenty of challenges and entertainment.

Well done that man! :thumbsup:

And thanks to the sponsors for their support - Velo Espresso, Nitelights, Delta Copy, Hamilton MTB Club.

*And he only squashed the rear wheel - at least the rest of the bike is okay!
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby nagem on Wed 6/Oct/10 9:52am

Mel wrote:Aw, that's mean, Russ. :(

He put all that effort in for everyone and did an awesome job of it*. It was a really fun series and finished with the most ghetto of obstacle courses that provided plenty of challenges and entertainment.

Well done that man! :thumbsup:

And thanks to the sponsors for their support - Velo Espresso, Nitelights, Delta Copy, Hamilton MTB Club.

:withstupid:

It was so much fun and the course was awesome. It was good to make it to one. :D
nagem
"Some days gnawing through the leather straps just doesn't seem worthwhile."
Member for: 8 years 7 months

Postby Mel on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:55am

I'm just glad that Datsane almost axed himself trying to prove that you could ride the log section on a 20" BMX. :lol:

CX styles FTW! :thumbsup:
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 6/Oct/10 11:10am

Mel wrote:Aw, that's mean, Russ. :(

I must say I'm rather pissed off about that and with the SSWC in 2weeks I might not have a SS :angry:
Going to need to check the frames not bent from the quick look last night it looks ok.
It was the fact that I reversed back over it when told "watch out for your bike" not told "stop don't move"

Was awesome fun up to that point in the night. Set up was hindered some when Matt fired up the coffee machine and my work force buggered off for 30minutes. Super shocked that I was second (1st SS), with Matt taking the win by less then a second cheater but what do you expect from a roadie :p I'll give him an A for effort though.
Next time I'll do it on Saturday so I have more time to set up. Getting hold a proper berm*, a couple of jumps and I'll employ a better time keeper (Starting the clock while I was rolling backwards uncool).
I'll put up some photos sooner or later.

Russ for some one that wasn't going to ride that coloum sure got a good cuddle from you :p

Yes mel them little wheels will kill someone some day :crazy: Wasn't until the back didn't climb up lost all speed, my dismount was awesome I have to say.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby RussS on Wed 6/Oct/10 12:46pm

Was good shiznit alright. Next time I will bring a bike that I can get around the corners - 29er = fail on that aspect. I think something a little more robust is also a good idea so I can throw it about and not worry about killing it.

Oh yer - since slidey looks like having a new frame in time, the Surly is available for a reasonable fee ;-)
RussS

Postby Datsane on Wed 6/Oct/10 5:34pm

I have bigger plans for the next one :paranoid: The trailer ramp and drop was a marvel of grom engineering :lol:

Matt's trophy for series was awesome photo below. Mel or Blair can you put up a pic of your trophies please.
I looked at the video footage of Matt's final run that he claimed to beat me on and he clips a cone, So I won in the end or tied :blush: I just got fired again.

Also like to thank Andrew/Mr Bob of Bicycle Science Tauranga for the spot prizes he offered to the series also. Pity a real job got in the way of doing some skids.

Might take you up on that offer Russ less the fee, Will need to sort a test ride to see if its large enough though.
DFL.jpg
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Wed 6/Oct/10 5:49pm

Hell yer - big wraps to the series sponsors

Matt - Velo Expresso

Andrew - Bicycle Science

Kel - Nightlights

Rick - Delta Copy
RussS

Postby Datsane on Wed 6/Oct/10 9:09pm

What about Me

Or you for that matter Russ. Your turn around loops on wet grass were awesome :o
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Wed 6/Oct/10 9:46pm

LMAO - like the night the wind blew all the tape around and even i couldn't tell exactly where the track was :D :crazy: :cool:

Anyways bud - no thanks needed .... you were the sucker mug person that got it up anbd running :thumbsup:
RussS

Postby Datsane on Wed 6/Oct/10 10:26pm

Maybe next year more softies that said they would turn up will.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 7/Oct/10 8:32pm

yay me!
Unnamed.jpg

ups to those mentioned above :cool:
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 7/Oct/10 10:48pm

Question is will you have it at the end of next years series.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby slidecontrol on Thu 7/Oct/10 10:50pm

who knows?
slidecontrol
"YOLO = carpe diem for idiots"
Member for: 10 years 6 months

Cycling | Events | Hamilton | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts