Re: Moonshine Series. Night Races In Hamilton

Postby Datsane on Wed 8/Sep/10 1:59pm

The weather played ball last night :thumbsup:
Mud, puddles and low hanging gorse what more come you want in a night.

Hey Russ Slidey could have played it the other way around he could have stayed behind you catching up then dropping back off then in the last few hundred metres blast past you to win :lol:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby RussS on Wed 8/Sep/10 2:20pm

I was going to try doing the big pass on him before we got into the sandpit - figured I could hold him up until we climbed out.

Would have been a hell of a lot of fun trying to frustrate him like that - more fun than having him cruising just in front of me and easily pulling away when I put a charge on :cry:

I do have to say that I was wrapped staying ahead of Shacks all 3 laps. I guess my start call gave me the edge huh? :D :D
RussS
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Thu 16/Sep/10 10:44pm

I'm having serious thoughts as to postponing the last race. With all the rain we have been getting, the puddles we had last time and Pukete Spaghetti coming up I'm not sure the track will be up to it.

Tuesday is meant to be fine, but seems of late night racing is a magnet for rain clouds.
If the rain subsides Sunday and I'm happy with the track Monday I'll let you all know Monday night at the latest if not see you all there tuesday night. 7pm Reg with race start 7.30pm

Tuesday is meant to be fine, but seems of late night racing is a magnet for rain clouds.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Mon 20/Sep/10 3:01pm

Tracks ok for racing Tuesday :thumbsup:

See you all there.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Mon 20/Sep/10 5:24pm

I think Saturdays remedial work got most things sorted :-)
RussS

Postby Datsane on Tue 21/Sep/10 11:08am

RussS wrote:I think Saturdays remedial work got most things sorted :-)

It had until last nights rain :crazy:

Sorry people tonights race is postponed, lots of standing water the drainage didn't cope with the rain we had last night.

A new date with location to follow.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Mon 27/Sep/10 11:15pm

Tuesday 5th October, Mat of Velo Espresso has been kind enough to let me and crew of RC Promotions loose in the shop* for the night, well mostly in the car park out back.

Starting at 7pm with a fun ride starting about 7.30pm in the car park out the back of the shop so bring a bike if you want to ride. There may or may not be a winner for this so series points will stay as they are. Talk of a prize for the best skid of the night. A kind of North shore meets Dinsdale course is planned with a little bit of kids party thrown in :lol: Helmet and lights will be needed still.
Nothing to sketchy or large for the people like myself that aren't comfortable with our wheels more then a foot off the ground.
The big plans of a Pump track were canned when no one wanted to help removing the dirt after.

Mat will be there making coffee's there could be food not sure yet. And laughing at me falling off my bike no doubt.
After riding Prize giving.
A few spot prizes with a couple of big ones to be had.
Some fun to be had.
Watch some riding on the Big screen.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Thu 30/Sep/10 10:32pm

I just remembered its school holidays bring the kids along, any gromits ride free :thumbsup:

Though I'm thinking about it being free for everyone since its not strictly a race or everyone puts in $2 and winner takes all.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Thu 30/Sep/10 10:35pm

pfftt - you just want the grommets there so ya don't come DFL :p
RussS

Postby Datsane on Thu 30/Sep/10 11:08pm

I'm guessing they would beat me easy, designing and building the course isn't going to make me faster. I might beat you if I'm lucky depends if my ride is rideable by then :paranoid:

Rob could bring a couple of his boys down we can give them a flat white and a couple of bike then see how long they go :lol:

I'm still waiting for the Pain train guys to show a wheel :rolleyes:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby RussS on Fri 1/Oct/10 7:51am

Pah - I would give them a couple Ristrattos each - followed up by a jumbo can of Monster :D :crazy: :butbut:
RussS

Postby Mel on Fri 1/Oct/10 2:06pm

Do we really need lights? Are you going to turn off the lights in the garage? Please explain. :)
Mel
Member for: 15 years 7 months

Postby Datsane on Fri 1/Oct/10 5:00pm

Mel wrote:Do we really need lights? Are you going to turn off the lights in the garage? Please explain. :)

The lights dim at night, may even turn lights off. We aren't sure how well you'll be able to see with the lights dimmed while riding at night to be honest. Better to be safe.

Quad shots Russ :satan:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Mon 4/Oct/10 2:08pm

With a only a day left to sort stuff out I should be doing more important things, but thats never been my style.

Most of the course is sorted with a few added extras. Sadly no rollers still.
In case people are worried there will be a nanna line for any thing people don't want to ride. There isn't anything to nasty and most will be under 2foot from the ground. If I go much higher I'd need building consent and hand rails.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby Datsane on Mon 4/Oct/10 10:37pm

I have just realised not everyone will know where velo is.
Clicky Link for the location.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Cycling | Events | Hamilton | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Night Riding | Regions | Upper North Island | Waikato - Latest Posts