2 Month Old Trek Marlin 29er Ss For Sale - $750

Postby mikestead on Wed 12/Jan/11 4:53pm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =346741923

Bike purchased mid-December as a Redwoods holiday ride (over in NZ from the UK for a few months). Going back to UK 1st Feb, bike must be sold by then.

Purchased from KiwiBikes in Rotorua (next to Zippys). Built by Jeff, who is happy to pass on the factory warranty and his loving support to the new owner.

It's a 17.5" frame, 29" wheels, set up with a 32T front and 19T rear, giving roughly the equivalent of 2:1 on a 26" bike. I'm 6' / 75kgs, suits me perfectly. It's a ball in the forest, rolls soooo nicely.

The fork is the 29er-specific G2 geometry model, with lockout. This has removable horizontal dropouts with a very nifty 4mm Allen grubscrew on both sides for perfect chain tensioning. Best SS dropout setup I've seen yet.

Because this is the SS version of a geared bike, Trek have kindly left the frame gearcable braze-ons intact. So with a different dropout you can make it into a geared bike if you want.

Everything factory spec as per the Trek website, apart from the Easton Monkeybar/stem which you can have for an extra $60 or just pay the auction price for the factory bars. To be clear: If you want the bars as shown, it's an EXTRA $60. If not, I'll put the unused factory bars/stem back on for you. Pedals shown are NOT included, you'll get the factory flats.

On Feb 1st the bike will have had around 50hrs use in the Redwoods. So more or less new.

These RRP for $999 right now.

Can be viewed/test-ridden anytime from now in Rotorua. Would like to hang onto it until end of Jan to get miles in, but if you are passing through and need it earlier let me know. If you need to pick up after 1st Feb, the bike can be collected from Kiwibikes, where Jeff will sort any changes you need with a smile.

Call or SMS on 021 02429723 with any questions.

Cheers

Mike
mikestead
"I thought at least there'd be donuts."
Member for: 4 years 0 months

Classifieds | Cycling | For Sale | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts