Calendar Event: October 27, 2013

Re: Milk And Honey Race

Postby tanadog on Wed 2/Oct/13 9:06am

For perspective, sub 3 hr will get close to podium, sub 4hr is mid pack, sub 5 will be tail end charlie..

Just to spice the road leg up this year there is a cash sprint prize in Upper Takaka (23kms, bottom of Takaka Hill) and a KOM prize for first up the hill.

If you live in Nelson or are nearby, get along to the showing of Rob Dawsons doco on the Milk and Honey, 10 October at the Free House.

Of special mention will be auction of a Jack Bauer autographed Garmin team shirt....
tanadog
Member for: 8 years 9 months

Postby tanadog on Wed 2/Oct/13 1:53pm

In case you missed it, here's, the trailer for the doco. http://vimeo.com/52609742
tanadog

Postby deezal on Mon 7/Oct/13 7:39am

If anyone is is Nelson this Thursday we will be showing the 25 min documentary about the Milk & Honey Race at the Free House. Pub ( film show in the yurt!) Koha entry, come and see what you're in for! Also this the last week to enter at the reduced rate, prices go up next week, which will also be the final week to enter!!!! We will also have some hard copy entry forms, so bring cash or cheque books, see you there, Rob, El Pres - GBMTBC
deezal
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby mfw on Mon 7/Oct/13 7:54am

Hey I heard there was a course change, that the Rollercoaster was going to be replaced by part of the family loop, can you confirm? And if so how will the times compare to the original course?
mfw
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby deezal on Mon 7/Oct/13 8:14am

We did consider putting the course through the Gold Creek Loop this year but are sticking to the Rollercoaster, mainly because it's harder! OK the start can be a bit horrible in the wet, but it is a Mountain Bike race after all, and we want to keep it as a real test for all concerned. Although there will be the odd cosmetic change here and there, essentially it is the same course, so everyone will be able to gauge their timings with last years.
deezal
Member for: 11 years 2 months

Postby tanadog on Wed 9/Oct/13 10:12pm

News just in - can confirm $100 cash prize for Upper Takaka sprint, and KOM at top of Takaka Hill.

That should spice up the road leg and get some action in the bunch!
tanadog

Postby tanadog on Thu 17/Oct/13 9:27pm

OK, coming down to the line. Last chance to sign up this year's Milk and Honey.

Entry closes Sunday 20 October (midnight I suppose). Track has been pimped and riding fast, even after the deluge we had this week.

enter at: http://www.milkandhoneyrace.com/
tanadog

Postby mfw on Thu 17/Oct/13 9:34pm

I'm in, just got to decide what to spend the $100 sprint prize money on :lol:
mfw

Postby tanadog on Mon 28/Oct/13 1:04pm

Some photos of yesterdays race and interim results are available on the Golden Bay Mountain Bike Club's facebook page. Results to follow soon.....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Golden-Bay-Mountain-Bike-Club/242316829133060?hc_location=stream
tanadog

Postby mfw on Mon 28/Oct/13 10:08pm

Another year, another lot of anxiety over the weather, but another cracking race :D

I came in at 3h49m, 39 mins quicker than last year, so I'm stoked :D

Conditions were a bit better than last year, but there was still still some serious mud to contend with. Would love to know how the guy on the CX machine got on, I gave him a heads up on the course at sign in as he had not ridden it before! Then I talked to a rider afterwards who said he saw him go over the handlebars on the Rameka and was grasping onto a tree to avoid going down the bank :crazy:

Might write a few words later, just got back from the Bays and it's time to unpack...
mfw

Postby thelivo on Tue 29/Oct/13 5:34pm

Hmm - while probably doable on a CX bike, not sure it would be that much fun, especially the middle section where it gets pretty rocky.
thelivo
"Jens Voigt's Suitcase of Courage will not fit in the overhead compartment."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Cycling | Events | Mountain Biking | Nelson | Nelson Region | New Zealand | Regions | Road Cycling | Road Racing | Upper South Island - Latest Posts