Mid-week Evenings - More Xc Track Loving

Postby pedalingkiwi on Thu 23/Oct/08 9:13pm

For those who can’t make weekends, or believe that daylight saving was meant to be used for track building there’s .. the MID-WEEK SESSIONS.

Each week from next Wednesday 29.Oct we are going to focus a number of these on tidying up / improving the Bowenvale Line that was put in last year. There are sections to rock armour, back slopes to improve, underrunner holes to be filled, drainage to be improved, weeds to grub out, old edging boards to remove, and selective widening…..

Place; Bowenvale, a 5 min walk from the carpark along farm track, then up on the left / east side of valley (directly opposite the house on west / RHS - if you reach the third gate in the valley you’ve gone too far)

Time; from about 5.15 through to about 8pm

Tools; if you are heading up a bit later look out for a stash of tools at the top of the steep 4WD track and bring one or 2 up with you.

Bring; sturdy footwear, gloves, water, your own favourite earth shaping impliment

Proposed schedule (may change - I will bump and edit as necessary)
Wed 29.Oct
Mon 3.Nov
Mon 10.Nov
Wed 19.Nov
Wed 26.Nov
(Sat 29.Nov – 9am-12midday, last 'regular' work day for 08)
Mon 1.Dec
Mon 8.Dec

Note; I have avoided Tues as it clashes with commitments I have, and anyone keen on Thursdays should consider joining the very good lads from SKOPE industries who are picking away at re-opening another old line further up Bowenvale – it is also on the eastern side of the valley, just below where “double-dropâ€
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Canterbury | Cycling | Middle South Island | New Zealand | Regions - Latest Posts