Re: Michael Jackson Has Had A Heart Attack And Died

Postby UnimatrixZero on Sat 27/Jun/09 9:28pm

E Dogg Capizzle wrote:
avantibill wrote:Much as it is sad that an icon has passed away, but TV3 spending the first 15 minutes about MJ passing away on tonight's 3News (last night may have been justifiable) is getting just too much.

But hey, it's what people want to watch blah blah blah... :huh:

TVNZ spent about 13-14 mins on it too.

I don't endorse that 'it's what people want' point-of-view. The media have too much influence over public perception to just 'provide what people want'. They need to exercise more social responsibility IMO. Whether we like it or not, I personally believe the average NZer should receive more info about what's going on elsewhere in the world, and why it's important.

Quite often there is major shit going down elsewhere in the world, and what gets priority? Someone's cat who jumped on the ferry and ended up in Picton (or some such)! Big bloody deal!

Someone once said to me the NZ media are immature. Perhaps the people who have control over it are just not that smart.
UnimatrixZero
"He who will not reason is a bigot; he who cannot is a fool; and he who dares not is a slave."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby DropKick on Sun 28/Jun/09 1:41pm

Scotty wrote:TV3 news these days is fucking shocking. Whoever's doing programming for them needs to get off their arses because the sensationalist bullshit is beginning to wear very, very thin. :hmmm:

Yea, the live crosses to someone who knows someone who almost met him and their grief was a bit overkill :D

Sad that he died, yes. But it's not how one of the journos called "life changing news" for many people (except his close friends/family). Did what you do today really change plan from Thursday cos MJ croaked?

Its sad such a talent died at a young age, but when you have that much pressure to live upto, and apparently have a bit of an opiate addiction, its kind of what happens :blink:
DropKick
Member for: 14 years 7 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 28/Jun/09 2:32pm

50 seems like a fairly good age for a two-decade opiate addicted, lupus-suffering, multiple invasive surgery having, high-stressed lifestyle enduring, twice acquitted child molesting, badly malnourished, highly active weirdo to have attained.
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Dazzle on Sun 28/Jun/09 2:52pm

Well, the dirt is starting to surface:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 591123.ece

Now I feel REALLY sorry for the kids.

50 is a better run than Elvis, though not as good as Howard Hughes.
Dazzle

Postby sweet_P on Sun 28/Jun/09 3:02pm

Well this is hardly surprising...

Stuff.co.nz wrote:Jackson's body was released to his family yesterday but no funeral arrangements were announced. The bizarre nature of his life continued into death, with German doctor Gunther von Hagens claiming: "An agreement is in place to plastinate the King of Pop."

Dr von Hagens, who is known for embalming bodies in polyurethane, said an agreement had been reached with Jackson months ago for the singer's body to be plastinated in the moonwalk position and put on show with the plastinated body of his pet chimp, Bubbles.
sweet_P
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby avantibill on Sun 28/Jun/09 6:10pm

So what has happened to the Swine Flu and the Recession? The News don't seem to cover it any more :hmmm:
avantibill
"Dunedin - It's highly rated!"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Bigfoot on Sun 28/Jun/09 6:11pm

70 people died in an explosion in Iraq on the same day... but they were Arabs so nobody cared :(
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Sun 28/Jun/09 6:13pm

avantibill wrote:So what has happened to the Swine Flu and the Recession? The News don't seem to cover it any more :hmmm:

I'd take Jackson hysteria over swine flu/recession hysteria any day.
E Dogg Capizzle
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 15 years 1 month

Postby CrustyMTB on Sun 28/Jun/09 6:18pm

DropKick wrote:
Scotty wrote:TV3 news these days is fucking shocking. Whoever's doing programming for them needs to get off their arses because the sensationalist bullshit is beginning to wear very, very thin. :hmmm:

Yea, the live crosses to someone who knows someone who almost met him and their grief was a bit overkill :D

Sad that he died, yes. But it's not how one of the journos called "life changing news" for many people (except his close friends/family). Did what you do today really change plan from Thursday cos MJ croaked?

Its sad such a talent died at a young age, but when you have that much pressure to live upto, and apparently have a bit of an opiate addiction, its kind of what happens :blink:
Yeah it's not like he's someone important, like Princess Di.
CrustyMTB
"Tucker's Law "If some cunt can fuck something up, that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up, cause that cunt's a cunt.""
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby MattV on Sun 28/Jun/09 6:24pm

avantibill wrote:So what has happened to the Swine Flu and the Recession? The News don't seem to cover it any more :hmmm:

I'd give it a week.
MattV
"If the world was how it should be, maybe I could get some sleep"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Postby happybaboon on Sun 28/Jun/09 7:34pm

And already Sunday is playing a Jackson biography story :blerrrrugh:
happybaboon
"Proud owner of vorb's largest"

Dazzle

Postby RJM on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:07am

Bigfoot wrote:70 people died in an explosion in Iraq on the same day... but they were Arabs so nobody cared :(

I thought 50 of them were US Soldiers ? Although your comments may still apply in part !?
RJM
Member for: 9 years 0 months

Postby Bigfoot on Mon 29/Jun/09 6:11am

I only heard it headline form, because of all the MJ crap - you may well be correct! :(
Bigfoot
"We are the Village Green Preservation Society"
Member for: 14 years 3 months

Postby Monolith on Mon 29/Jun/09 8:04am

Haha, I just remembered he called one of his children "Blanket". :D
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Music | Sifting - Latest Posts