Calendar Event: May 6, 2007

KE: Meridian Energy Kids Bike Jam - Wellington

Postby psychavoc on Thu 29/Mar/07 10:16pm

"Wicked mountain bike event for every kiwi kid with attitude, energy and wheels!!"

Loads of Action
* Everyone is a winner
* Everyone completing their course will receive a medal, certificate and goodies
* Have fun with a friend
* Its all about giving it a go and participating
* Courses will be on established, off-road tracks, on flat or rolling terrain, attainable for reasonably fit children who are confident cyclists.
* Wicked skills areas to play and try out skills on, open only to those entering the Jams.
* Lots of spot prizes, including an Avanti Black Thunder bike at each event

Wellington Round - 6th May, 2007 - Trentham Memorial Park

Great flat course, usually only open to walkers, the most popular Jams event!

The course covers a mixture of gravel roads, open grass and single track over flat terrain. It will be approximately 5 km long for under 11 years and 9 km long for 11 to 13 years.

DIRECTIONS: Head to Fergusson Drive, the main road through Upper Hutt. Roughly three kilometres southwest of the Upper Hutt, turn off Fergusson Drive onto Barton Ave and follow the signs to Trentham Memorial Park.

For more information, see http://www.kidsbikejams.co.nz/Site/Even ... ngton.aspx
psychavoc
"www.celiaridesbikes.com"
Member for: 16 years 3 months

Postby sifter on Fri 30/Mar/07 7:44am

kaitlyn signed up a couple of weeks ago :thumbsup:
sifter
Member for: 15 years 11 months

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 30/Mar/07 11:01am

Oooh, I think I'm free that day - I wonder if they'd like any help?...
wgtngrl
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby fraserb on Fri 30/Mar/07 12:49pm

wgtngrl wrote: Oooh, I think I'm free that day - I wonder if they'd like any help?...

:lol: they may want someone speedy to be the lead rider in the older age groups. when we were at the one in Rotorua last weekend the kid in the front of the 13 year olds was pushing the marshal guy hard :D

anyone with kids that ride really should do this. its a blast and the kids do love it :thumbsup:
big ups to the organisers too :thumbsup:

last weekend was the 3rd time my oldest boy has done it and the 1st time Reece has riden in it, altho we had to lie on the entry and say he was 5 :paranoid: and make him promise not to tell anyone he is really 4, his words > even a policeman or he might get put in jail :lol:
reece.jpg
reece with his race face on!
fraserb
Member for: 16 years 4 months

Postby psychavoc on Fri 30/Mar/07 2:12pm

Awww so cute :love:

Might be a day trip to the old stomping ground that day to check out the kids on bikes :rolleyes:
psychavoc

Postby wgtngrl on Fri 30/Mar/07 2:14pm

psychavoc wrote: Awww so cute :love:

Might be a day trip to the old stomping ground that day to check out the kids on bikes :rolleyes:

There will be room in the car if I end up going (it's a commodore, there's always room ;) )
wgtngrl
Member for: 15 years 4 months

Postby psychavoc on Fri 30/Mar/07 2:15pm

:thumbsup:

*adds another thing to Scotty's calendar :satan: *
psychavoc

Postby Tugboat on Fri 30/Mar/07 2:31pm

fraserb... looks like your kid is charging hard! W00T!! :cool: :thumbsup:
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby sifter on Tue 1/May/07 4:58pm

we're looking forward to this :) Just did a ride to the supermarket and around Karori Park. All systems go :thumbsup:
sifter

Postby sifter on Sun 6/May/07 8:48am

time to load the bikes onto the car :) Bags are packed and ready!
sifter

Postby sifter on Sun 6/May/07 1:51pm

Well, I had a lot of fun!

Kaitlyn said, rather than wrote: It was fun! I sneaked into the seven and eight year old group. And they let us go through and then we biked along and there was a little bit where there was a lake [!!!! a very dry stream bed] and we had to go through it. It was hard and someone helped me out. But then I rolled back down and Daddy caught me :phew:

There were a few very narrow bits but we got through in the end. We had to wait because there was a hill. I walked down it but I know its not the mountain walk jam! [Actually, we arrived just as a wee lass lost her line completely, plowed into a tree stump, and though she looked fine, she screamed bloody murder, which completely wrecked the confidence of the onlooking kids :( ]

There was a single track. It was very hard for us and other people to pass. A boy crashed into the back of my bike which made me feel very scared. But I kept going with the biking. And in the end we finished with a t-shirt, a medal, a certificate and a drink bottle.

I'm definitely going to do it again next year, and then I really will be in the seven year old group!

A great day out! Well done to the crew from HVMTB club, and Jill Ford and her offsiders. Nice to chat to Robin Wong, who was leading out the older kids, and then the 7/8 year olds. :thumbsup:
sifter

Re: Ke: Meridian Energy Kids Bike Jam - Wellington

Postby blackdog65 on Fri 14/Apr/17 11:41pm

Hi, nice to read about this kids event. But after this there is no update I have found in the forum? What about the stay, could we find easily rooms plus separate kids bedroom and bedding like Lolli Living ?
blackdog65
Member for: 2 years 6 months

Cycling | Events | Kids Events - Latest Posts